Wisdomkeyz

Misinterpretation at its finest

4 hours ago, Limahong said:

What is DDJ11? I am lost in translation silently.

Thirty spokes converge on a single hub,
   but it is in the space where there is nothing 
      that the usefulness of the cart lies.
Clay is molded to make a pot,
   but it is in the space where there is nothing 
      that the usefulness of the clay pot lies.
Cut out doors and windows to make a room,
   but it is in the spaces where there is nothing 
      that the usefulness of the room lies.
Therefore,
   Benefit may be derived from something, 
      but it is in nothing that we find usefulness.

Tao Te Ching, Chapter 11

Victor H. Mair

Wizdomkeyz,

I chose my screen-name with intention. There is truly much knowledge in the world, but as is the way of people, most knowledge is learned. Very little is experienced. And, unfortunately, when our experience contradicts our knowledge (and that little tinge of cognitive dissonance creeps in) we tend to reject our experience in favor of our knowledge, at least initially. Crazy, but true.

So, when faced with knowledge gained through learning and filtered through millennia of teachers, what is one to do? Well, get back to the source, of course! This means experience. Let go of what was learned, and hold on to what is known. This means practice.

Reading and thinking are an excellent start, but they can't take you all the way. They point in the direction, but they can't take you there. For that you need silence. You need meditation. You need experience.

It took me years to understand this. I'm still working it out.

Now as to methods, well - some sit and meditate in lotus position. Others practice walking meditation. Some do tai chi. Others chi-gung. The exceptional study harsher methods. I cannot tell you what method to follow. You won't listen to me anyway. That's ok. It really is. You are here now.

Again, welcome!

Lost in Translation

• Like 6

Bruce Frantzis have a whole meditation program centered around the DDJ. 

Some of the Nei Dan practitioners here claims that all daoist classics are hidden Nei Dan manuals, while others just find DDJ generally useful. 

If your floor is uneven, placing it under a table leg might stabilize the table. 

Usefulness is in its use, not in it self. 

• Like 3

Someday I hope to master beginners mind.  It is my fervent hope, when I get there, that I see that you have already arrived.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moment said:

It is my fervent hope, when I get there, that I see that you have already arrived.

Some people are allowed to take short cuts and they get there earlier.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Some people are allowed to take short cuts and they get there earlier.

Good morning Dada-da,

Journey over destination.

- LimA

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Limahong said:

Good morning Dada-da,

Journey over destination.

- LimA

It's the journey that is important.  That's called living.  The destination is called death.

It's the journey that is important.  That's called living.  The destination is called death.

Hi Dada-da,

May I add a little? The final destination = death.

Those other prior destinations = milestones to death.

Can?

- LimA

On 10/8/2017 at 6:23 AM, Wisdomkeyz said:

First off I just wanna say I'm not here to argue or to debate because wise men don't need to debate and men who debate are not wise now I've practically studied  the daodejing more times than I can count and the Chuang Tzu and in my opinion they are 2 of the greatest books ever written in human history next to the  seven military classics of ancient china and I've been reading people's post on this site for a while trying to see if anyone else was greatly inspired by the profound wisdom in these ancient text but boyyyy how far have you so called "dao bums" missed the mark it's almost a shame I don't understand how you guys can read these books and get all this bootleg spiritual nonsense that is just ridiculous and I'm a huge fan of old Shaw brothers kung fu movies that have lots of daoist concepts and wuxia novels but  even i know to just draw the wisdom from it and leave the fake Chinese magic  stuff alone I mean come on alchemy and immortality seriously the daodejing itself says this stuff is unnatural and that those who do it will come to an early end I mean the way the daodejing and Chuang Tzu have been twisted and made a mockery out of is just appalling the daodejing is a book about life in general it talks about how when you stop doing unnecessary things unnecessary problems stop arising unnecessary action leads to unnecessary consequences that's what wu wei and non-action really mean ito also speaks about leadership in such an amazing way it's priceless same thing with the Chuang Tzu Zhuangzi's main message was the usefulness of the useless and the action of non action and how to live your allotted span not fake kung fu movie flying and chi magic this isn't big trouble in little china with Kurt Russle it's real life I suggest yall read these books again this time from a real life perspective 

Just some feedback - the following are available . , ; : and if you hit the Return button occasionally you can create what are known as paragraphs.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi Dada-da,

May I add a little? The final destination = death.

Those other prior destinations = milestones to death.

Can?

- LimA

Agree.  Those minor destinations are just check points.

Agree.  Those minor destinations are just check points.

Hi Dada-da,

Arrival Hall => check points => Departure Hall.

Life?

or

Airport?

- LimA

16 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Hi Dada-da,

Arrival Hall => check points => Departure Hall.

Life?

or

Airport?

- LimA

"Your life has been delayed please remain in the departure lounge"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Apech said:

Hi Apech,

Departure lounge = ICU?

- LimA

15 minutes ago, Apech said:

Hi Apech,

I cancel my flight.

Till  the next light.

A very good night.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Correct errors.

"We are now passing over your adolescence you may experience some turbulence at this time - please ensure your safety belt is fastened at all time and no jerking off even if you are fourteen.  Thank you."

• Like 2

Thank you all for your replies and for helping me understand subjective interpretation better I really appreciate it when I don't understand I just have to find out I look forward to future philosophical discussions with you all and what we can all learn from each other cause after all that's what life is all about learning from one another so we can help each other understand the world better 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Wisdomkeyz said:

Thank you all for your replies and for helping me understand subjective interpretation better I really appreciate it when I don't understand I just have to find out I look forward to future philosophical discussions with you all and what we can all learn from each other cause after all that's what life is all about learning from one another so we can help each other understand the world better 

Nice post, Wisdomkeyz. Glad you are here. (-:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wisdomkeyz said:

we can help each other understand the world better 

Hi Wisdomkeyz,

Yes the world can always be better you did a good job starting the thread don't take it to heart I was only poking fun at you develop an appetite for laughter you write well keep it up.

- LimA

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Hi Wisdomkeyz,

Yes the world can always be better you did a good job starting the thread don't take it to heart I was only poking fun at you develop an appetite for laughter you write well keep it up.

- LimA

I know and I found it very funny your very knowledgeable 

Edited by Wisdomkeyz
typo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Wisdomkeyz said:

I know and I found it very funny

Hi Wisdomkeyz,

The fun we all had would not have been possible without your thread and your provocative introduction you seeded everything with your good writing I am sure my English teacher will puncture me to death now I blame you for this long sentence.

16 hours ago, Apech said:

the following are available . , ; : and if you hit the Return button occasionally you can create what are known as paragraphs.

Hi Apech,

I am very sorry for not abiding with the above please do not contact my English teacher he is in the Queen's English league now I am irreversible and irreparable you know who is responsible for my being impossible he holds the keys to wisdom try and unlock him my apology again

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Correct errors.

11 hours ago, Apech said:

"We are now passing over your adolescence you may experience some turbulence at this time - please ensure your safety belt is fastened at all time and no jerking off even if you are fourteen.  Thank you."

Hi Apech,

"Your airline is now trespassing on my obsolescence so that I may experience the turbulence of my time - please ensure/assure that my safety belt can be fastened at all time and will not be jerking off as I am now past forty. Thank you."

AH AH AH

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Correct errors.
  • Like 1