Wisdomkeyz

Misinterpretation at its finest

First off I just wanna say I'm not here to argue or to debate because wise men don't need to debate and men who debate are not wise now I've practically studied  the daodejing more times than I can count and the Chuang Tzu and in my opinion they are 2 of the greatest books ever written in human history next to the  seven military classics of ancient china and I've been reading people's post on this site for a while trying to see if anyone else was greatly inspired by the profound wisdom in these ancient text but boyyyy how far have you so called "dao bums" missed the mark it's almost a shame I don't understand how you guys can read these books and get all this bootleg spiritual nonsense that is just ridiculous and I'm a huge fan of old Shaw brothers kung fu movies that have lots of daoist concepts and wuxia novels but  even i know to just draw the wisdom from it and leave the fake Chinese magic  stuff alone I mean come on alchemy and immortality seriously the daodejing itself says this stuff is unnatural and that those who do it will come to an early end I mean the way the daodejing and Chuang Tzu have been twisted and made a mockery out of is just appalling the daodejing is a book about life in general it talks about how when you stop doing unnecessary things unnecessary problems stop arising unnecessary action leads to unnecessary consequences that's what wu wei and non-action really mean ito also speaks about leadership in such an amazing way it's priceless same thing with the Chuang Tzu Zhuangzi's main message was the usefulness of the useless and the action of non action and how to live your allotted span not fake kung fu movie flying and chi magic this isn't big trouble in little china with Kurt Russle it's real life I suggest yall read these books again this time from a real life perspective 

Hello, Wisdomkeyz and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi keyz,

You ain't got that locked up.  There are a number of us Philosophical Daoists here.  Looking forward to input from you in various threads.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 2

Aw, c'mon Wizdomkeyz, tell us how you really feel. :lol:

There's a good handful here who share your thinking, and who also hold LZ & ZZ in top regard. Not everyone can see what you see however, so, like Marblehead, I look forward to your respectful input in the threads. Welcome.

• Like 4

i can work on the sensation it rises in me. And reach solution.

Doesn't matter what you say, but the tone is possible to meditate. I hope you get it, you as well could talk same tone on how to make sandwiches correctly and you guys know nothing talk.

---

my lower belly smiles!!

Edited by allinone
  • Like 2

Famous lines from almost every old 60's and 70's Kung Fu movie:

Student 1: "My Kung Fu is better than your Kung Fu!"

Student 2: "No! My Kung Fu is better than your Kung Fu!"

And they fight.

Welcome!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Wisdomkeyz said:

I'm not here to argue or to debate because wise men don't need to debate and men who debate are not wise

Hi Wisdonkeyz,

I joined TDB on 27 March 2017. 'Debate' is not uppermost in my mind. It is 'silence'. Please refer to my postings yesterday for instance.

I've practically studied  the daodejing more times than I can count and the Chuang Tzu and in my opinion they are 2 of the greatest books ever written in human history next to the  seven military classics of ancient china

Great - you are very well read. But I have read none of the above. So I cannot discuss any of the above with you. So please excuse me that I remain silent.

I've been reading people's post on this site for a while trying to see if anyone else was greatly inspired by the profound wisdom in these ancient text

Have you read my postings? If you had, it will be apparent that I have yet to be "inspired by the profound wisdom in these ancient text". Why? I have not read the ancient text. So I do not come under your radar. As such I will remain silent.

but boyyyy how far have you so called "dao bums" missed the mark it's almost a shame

I am not a "dao bum" just because I join TDB. Please do not categorize me thus. As I have nothing to be ashamed of, I will remain silent.

I don't understand how you guys can read these books and get all this bootleg spiritual nonsense that is just ridiculous

As I have not "read these books", I am glad that you cannot deem me to be "ridiculous". But as an apathetic observer, can I point out that I cannot figure out how a well-read person can say this - "bootleg spiritual nonsense"? Now that I have pointed it out I will remain silent.

11 hours ago, Wisdomkeyz said:

I'm a huge fan of old Shaw brothers kung fu movies that have lots of daoist concepts and wuxia novels but  even i know to just draw the wisdom from it and leave the fake Chinese magic  stuff alone I mean come on alchemy and immortality

So besides reading the great ancient text, you are also an avid follower of "kung fu movies". Interesting. You "know to just draw the wisdom from it" - good for you. You can also "leave the fake Chinese magic  stuff alone" - you are good. As for "alchemy and immortality", I am - (a) a trained chemist and (b) taught by my grandparents/parents on morality. Deemed thus I cannot engage with you on the two aspects; so I will remain silent.

seriously the daodejing itself says this stuff is unnatural

As I have indicated, I have not read the daodejing - so I do not know what is "unnatural". But I associate Taoism with Nature, and the latter is steep in silence.

... those who do it will come to an early end I mean the way the daodejing and Chuang Tzu have been twisted and made a mockery out of is just appalling

Pity the man who knows more. As I do not like to be pitied, I do not want to know more so that I can remain silent.

the daodejing is a book about life in general it talks about how when you stop doing unnecessary things unnecessary problems stop arising unnecessary action leads to unnecessary consequences

The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present. - Niccolo Machiavelli

As I do not know what the reptile is thinking, I will remain silent.

12 hours ago, Wisdomkeyz said:

that's what wu wei and non-action really mean it also speaks about leadership in such an amazing way

Wu wei is my favourite subject. Why? With it I can slip into the realm of non-action and silence.

it's priceless same thing with the Chuang Tzu Zhuangzi's main message was the usefulness of the useless and the action of non action

Too profound for me at this point in time to understand. As I do not want to display my ignorance - please excuse my silence.

how to live your allotted span not fake kung fu movie flying and chi magic this isn't big trouble in little china with Kurt Russle it's real life I suggest you all read these books again this time from a real life perspective 

To me life is a question without an answer. So I will live and observe life silently.

Wisdomkeyz - you write very well. You are unstoppable - there are no full-stops.

- LimA

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lost in Translation said:

... fight.

Hi Lost in Translation,

I do not wish to fight with you.

You are lost in translation.

I remain your silence.

- LimA

All I'm saying is I don't understand how people can read the same book I read with the same profound wisdom that can be applied to every aspect of life but yet somehow conclude they need to worship some spirit and meditate it really baffles me I've seen so called "daoist" worship Lao Tzu as a god and I'm like if he was alive today he'd ridicule them the same way Zhuangzi ridiculed Confucius for being a fake intellectual that's why one of my favorite quotes from the daodejing is "When intellectualism arises hypocrisy is close behind"  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wisdomkeyz said:

All I'm saying is I don't understand how people can read the same book I read with the same profound wisdom that can be applied to every aspect of life but yet somehow conclude they need to worship some spirit and meditate

I refer you to DDJ 11. 

1 minute ago, Lost in Translation said:

I refer you to DDJ 11.

What is DDJ11? I am lost in translation silently.

47 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Hi Wisdonkeyz,

I joined TDB on 27 March 2017. 'Debate' is not uppermost in my mind. It is 'silence'. Please refer to my postings yesterday for instance.

Great - you are very well read. But I have read none of the above. So I cannot discuss any of the above with you. So please excuse me that I remain silent.

Have you read my postings? If you had, it will be apparent that I have yet to be "inspired by the profound wisdom in these ancient text". Why? I have not read the ancient text. So I do not come under your radar. As such I will remain silent.

I am not a "dao bum" just because I join TDB. Please do not categorize me thus. As I have nothing to be ashamed of, I will remain silent.

As I have not "read these books", I am glad that you cannot deem me to be "ridiculous". But as an apathetic observer, can I point out that I cannot figure out how a well-read person can say this - "bootleg spiritual nonsense"? Now that I have pointed it out I will remain silent.

So besides reading the great ancient text, you are also an avid follower of "kung fu movies". Interesting. You "know to just draw the wisdom from it" - good for you. You can also "leave the fake Chinese magic  stuff alone" - you are good. As for "alchemy and immortality", I am - (a) a trained chemist and (b) taught by my grandparents/parents on morality. Deemed thus I cannot engage with you on the two aspects; so I will remain silent.

As I have indicated, I have not read the daodejing - so I do not know what is "unnatural". But I associate Taoism with Nature, and the latter is steep in silence.

Pity the man who knows more. As I do not like to be pitied, I do not want to know more so that I can remain silent.

The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present. - Niccolo Machiavelli

As I do not know what the reptile is thinking, I will remain silent.

Wu wei is my favourite subject. Why? With it I can slip into the realm of non-action and silence.

Too profound for me at this point in time to understand. As I do not want to display my ignorance - please excuse my silence.

To me life is a question without an answer. So I will live and observe life silently.

Wisdomkeyz - you write very well. You are unstoppable - there are no full-stops.

- LimA

I really strained my brain trying to read this cause oh man I had no idea what you were talking about especially the whole "life is a question without an answer" thing because that is simply not true life is a puzzle and most people die trying to finish it without realizing that the secret to life is very very very simple and easy to comprehend the master secret to life is wisdom because life is all about decisions now your decisions are responsible for the quality of your life period your destiny is simply the outcome of the choices you've made most people reject this because they don't want to own up and admit  all the bad horrible and dumb decisions they made in their life and that's where humility comes in because humility is the willingness to change 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wisdomkeyz said:

All I'm saying is I don't understand how people can read the same book I read with the same profound wisdom that can be applied to every aspect of life but yet somehow conclude ...

They can do that because each of us understand things from our own perspectives - which are based on several factors: experiences, environments, preferences, interests, etc.  Do you feel everyone should think  the same things you do? Or see what you see? Or understand things in the same way you do?

Your intentions may be good, in wanting to save others unnecessary effort - but who is to say what path is 'better' for someone else? Not me, not any of us, imo.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, rene said:

who is to say what path is 'better' for someone else? Not me, not any of us, imo.

Hi rene,

Each life is a path.

Each path - a road less traveled.

- LimA

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rene said:

They can do that because each of us understand things from our own perspectives - which are based on several factors: experiences, environments, preferences, interests, etc.  Do you feel everyone should think  the same things you do? Or see what you see? Or understand things in the same way you do?

Your intentions may be good, in wanting to save others unnecessary effort - but who is to say what path is 'better' for someone else? Not me, not any of us, imo.

Hmmmmm I agree with everything you said and no I don't feel everyone should think the same way I do but I do wish everyone would use common sense before assuming some so stupid that it's almost profound in its own  way I mean if only you could  see some of the things these daoist take part in like praying to a monkey god and other superstitious garbage if you wanna do that then its fine by me but don't slap daoism on it and try to make it seem like it's what Lao Tzu's message was all about 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wisdomkeyz said:

don't slap daoism

Don't slap Taoism on anything. That is disrespect.

To maintain mutual respect, I remain silent.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wisdomkeyz said:

Hmmmmm I agree with everything you said and no I don't feel everyone should think the same way I do but I do wish everyone would use common sense ...

The levels of common sense here at TDB varies with each user, and all here are entitled to courtesy, whether we think they are lacking or not. May I gently suggest you use some of the common sense you clearly have and rethink insulting others' choices and paths? Might be a useful idea for you, if you want to interact with others, here, in any meaningful way, or at all.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Wisdomkeyz said:

Lao Tzu's message

Hi Wisdomkeyz,

Lao Tzu's message to me: Sleep - it is 3:50 am.

Thank you for starting this thread.

Silent night.

Good night.

- LimA

14 hours ago, rene said:

The levels of common sense here at TDB varies with each user, and all here are entitled to courtesy, whether we think they are lacking or not. May I gently suggest you use some of the common sense you clearly have and rethink insulting others' choices and paths? Might be a useful idea for you, if you want to interact with others, here, in any meaningful way, or at all.

I'm not  trying to insult anyones interpretation of anything all I'm saying if you read the daodejing and the only thing you learned from it is that you have the ability to be immortal and walk through walls or some other corny goofball crouching tiger hidden dragon power ranger ability type of stuff please me understand how you got that cause alot of this stuff is just so silly I can't believe that it's actual adults coming up with it but not you though rene you're very articulate and tolerate towards others opinions and I deeply respect that and it's something I'm striving to cultivate in myself so I don't come across as belligerent 

Edited by Wisdomkeyz
typo
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Wisdomkeyz said:

I'm trying to insult anyones interpretation of anything all I'm saying if you read the daodejing and the only thing you learned from it is that you have the ability to be immortal and walk through walls or some other corny goofball crouching tiger hidden dragon power ranger ability type of stuff please me understand how you got that cause alot of this stuff is just so silly I can't believe that it's actual adults coming up with it but not you though rene you're very articulate and tolerate towards others opinions and I deeply respect that and it's something I'm striving to cultivate in myself so I don't come across as belligerent 

Hi Wisdomkeyz, kind words, thanks! One thing that might help you is to know that here at TDB are folks of many different paths: Philosophical Taoism, Religious Taoism, Buddhism, Confucianism, other -isms and even non-isms. Of those who identify with Taoism, only a very few of us stop at only the words of Laozi and Zhuangzi. Many, if not most, include more of the Taoist Cannon and other works that are considered to be part of 'Religious Taoism'. There are even debates as to 'what is a Taoist' and are there even two separate things (Religious/Philosophical)? Each of us have our own ideas about categories and labels; it's enough, perhaps, to just enjoy hearing about others ideas as there is no "right" answer. Your takeaway, here, should be that most bums draw their ideas from much more than just the TTC.

Your words about 'actual adults' made me chuckle; thanks for the grin! Age wise - many here are in late teens, mid 20's; some are in the 40's range; a handful of us are 'over 60' (cough) except for Kar3n, who will be 29 forever. (-: That said, not always does actual age correlate with 'spiritual age' - meaning how long someone has been following a specific spiritual path, or they might be new to a path after following a different one.

I think you will do fine here, as long as you maybe re-read your posts before hitting 'send' - to make sure your words aren't making fun of someone, or the path they are following, or what they believe, etc. Everyone will find out, on their own, eventually, what will work or not, what rings true for them or not. And, actually, it might be better for them to find out on their own, yes? We learn more through our own experiences - than through what someone else tries to tell us. At least it seems to me. (-:

• Like 6

Well that is a bit of a defiant introduction. If youve scanned many posts already, I would point out that they indicate a wide spectrum of ideas. The people with them overwhelmingly are nice and well intended , so it doesnt matter so much what the esoteric beliefs Are IMO, 

The important thing is considering virtue health and sound decision making.. 

I dont know what you might find useful , but in the mean time , just ignore the Li Peng , Feng Shue and anything else you consider chaff simply because it may make your own path be rockier. The stuff you already read suggests it, doesnt it ?  You wouldnt be alone in thinking that everybody else is on the wrong track :)

• Like 5