MooNiNite

Heart Awakening - Self and Societal Healing/Awakening

Imagine if you took out a piece of paper and thought about anyone you may have wronged in the past, for whatever reason, and wrote down their name. 

Now, overtime, you went to each of those people and asked for forgiveness.

What impact does that have on you moving forward?

What impact does that have on them?

What impact does that have on society?

Do they feel more divine? Do you feel more divine?

Theoretically, this exercise should remove unwanted thought activity from your cerebrum, stimulate your brain stem and cause you to feel more deeply. 

• Like 3

Sounds like the very potent practice of Ho'oponopono.

When i encountered this practice it was a great stone dropped in my pond.  so potent.

I love you

I'm sorry

please forgive me

thank you

Forgiveness does not free the one being forgiven. 

Forgiveness is an intentional, internal shift that frees the heart and mind to cease participation in the stories.

Forgiveness is the intentional release of the forgiver from the entirely self perpetuated prison of their identifying with memories, stories and subsequent rejection of things as they have passed and a desire to somehow affect the future with a notion of justified retribution. 

It is a release from the notion that through ranting in the mind about the wrongs of the past, that they are somehow affected.

All that is affected is your heart and mind peace in the now... where likely, none of the offending processes remain.

Forgiveness releases the forgiver from the heart/mind perpetuated hell of vengeance and stories of the desire for recompense and justice.

let it go

just let it go

if we release everything... that which remains is....

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MooNiNite said:

Imagine if you took out a piece of paper and thought about anyone you may have wronged in the past, for whatever reason, and wrote down their name. 

Now, overtime, you went to each of those people and asked for forgiveness.

What impact does that have on you moving forward?

What impact does that have on them?

What impact does that have on society?

Do they feel more divine? Do you feel more divine?

Theoretically, this exercise should remove unwanted thought activity from your cerebrum, stimulate your brain stem and cause you to feel more deeply. 

The Jains (aka Jainism) have an annual exercise where they ask people for forgiveness for any known or unknown offense.

I think it is amazing and very powerful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paryushana#Forgiveness_.28Uttam_Kshama.29_:_.E0.A4.89.E0.A4.A4.E0.A5.8D.E0.A4.A4.E0.A4.AE_.E0.A4.95.E0.A5.8D.E0.A4.B7.E0.A4.AE.E0.A4.BE

Edited by dwai
  • Like 2