Papillon

How to learn Qigong for health? Sources? Online Courses?

Hi, 

I'm looking for a way to learn Qigong. Mainly for health reasons (immune and nervous system), but I am absolutely willing to get deep into it.

Because I don't came across any promising Qigong school in my region, I thought about attending an online Qigong class 

However I assume that it is not easy to find good sources/teachers. I know that there a many people out there who primaraly want to make money or think they can make people fly. I would like to learn genuine Qigong from a genuine master.

If you had health benefits from practicing Qigong: Can you tell me which Qigong style it was and how you learned it? 

Can you recommend an online course?

If online is not good enough: Where would I have to go to learn genuine Qigong (worldwide)?

Any experience is wellcome!

Edited by Papillon
  • Like 1

In my limited experience, I benefited much more from real-life teachers, even if they weren't 'masters'. As long as they aren't irresponsible and harming you, it's much better to get something live rather than just from books or DVDs, IMO.

Another option is Skype and WebCam, if you have a decent speed from your Internet provider. That way, you can simulate a class and get some kind of feedback on your techniques if you really can't find anybody local.

• Like 2

I can heartily recommend Pangu Shengong if you're looking for a healing qigong: http://pangu.org. 

There are a few threads on Pangu here on Dao Bums. You can learn the basic form from DVD as it is super simple and doesn't emphasize precise physical techniques so you don't need in-person instruction (it's more about intention, visualization, and mindset). 

Happy to answer any questions about it. It has a great track record for healing all sorts of ailments, ranging from late stage cancers to allergies and skin rashes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@morning dew

Thanks, I didnt' thought about skype classes yet, thats a good idea!

@nyerstudent

Thanks a lot for your recommondation, that sounds interesting, I will look at it properly!

• Like 1

Try Anthony Korahais for online qigong. I've studied with him in person and he's a good teacher:

http://flowingzen.com/

I'll also second the recommendation for Pangu Shongong. Super simple, yet very powerful.

• Like 2

Stillness-Movement would be an excellent choice.

Michael Lomax is on this forum with the screen name "Ya Mu."

• Like 2

Thanks Earl Grey (hey I have used this nickname for years :) ) Dainin, Brian and WayofChi for your suggestions, I will look at them closely!

Pangu Shengong! Wonderful - it's all about developing kindness/benevolence/love.. I think love is the most powerful healing force. Living from the heart... I've been doing a couple of distance healing sessions with this lady: http://www.pangu.org/testimonials/practicing/my-healing-journey-susan-winters/ I contacted her after reading her testimonial because she was one of the few people who I felt understood about the power of love like I do (and she understands about it quite a bit more than I do I now realize). That's why she was able to heal so quickly using Pangu as a vehicle. I learned Pangu last year from a friend..I've been practicing it daily for about 21/2 months now.

If you can't find a Pangu teacher in your area, the correspondence courses are very good. To expound a little more on what nyerstudent was saying: With the moving form you get a booklet and about a 2 hour DVD of one of Master Ou's recent live workshops where he teachings the moving form, the moving form is the first, foundational form of Pangu (and most people receive physical healing just from practicing this form). You can then go on to learn the non-moving form (after a month), the healing skill (a really wonderful and simple way to send out healing energy), and the advanced/condensed form (I haven't taken this last one yet). 

* - the non-moving form is very similar to the moving form except you just do it with your eyes and breath. Nice to use when your falling asleep actually.

Also, check the Pangu.org site to see if Master Ou may be coming to your area.. He travels all over the country giving workshops in Pangu. Most people consider Pangu to be the simplest and one of the most powerful forms of qigong. I believe this is because this qigong is all about developing kindness, compassion, benevolence, love, service, humility, ..You know..all the good stuff that the few truly powerful spiritual healers in human history have talked about as being key elements to healing and a happy life. 

Best wishes that you find something that really resonates with you and helps you Papillon.

• Like 2