Sign in to follow this  
Trunk

new 'Following' options

So cool that with the new software you can now follow a person (as well as a thread).  B)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Trunk said:

So cool that with the new software you can now follow a person (as well as a thread).  B)

I do think it is an interesting feature but I think they scrapped profile 'friends' for 'following' someone.  I wish they had kept 'friends' in the profile as that was useful for anyone to see.  

It amazes me how much they took out that was working.

But all in all, some interesting new features :)

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, dawei said:

It amazes me how much they took out that was working.

They re-built it from the ground up using a different language / software platform, right?

If that’s the case, then they have to re-build each feature (I think).

Could be that some of the good ol’ features they just haven’t finished yet.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2017 at 10:48 PM, Trunk said:

They re-built it from the ground up using a different language / software platform, right?

If that’s the case, then they have to re-build each feature (I think).

Could be that some of the good ol’ features they just haven’t finished yet.

What little I understand is that IP.B changed their view of what it means to be a 'member' and how 'permissions' should be implemented.   For a forum, that obviously drives almost everything about the software and so a 'ground up' re-build was essentially undertaken.

For example: 

- No member category for 'validation' like the last 15 years...  Same for 'banned'...  they don't consider these to be 'members' but maybe a status so if someone wants them, they need to add them as a custom group.

- No more friends... only stalkers followers  :D

- Our mixed use of permissions as a staff, PPD owner, and Anarchist that worked for 15 years is no longer supported.   They greatly restricted permission mixing.

- Buggy from the start due to a re-build.   They have fixed bugs we reported.   Just found one regarding 'ignore' when someone has more than one permission set...  need to pass that along...

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this