Fuguang

Aloha from the Big Island

Aloha!

Quick intro hello and wanted to say I'm excited and grateful to be here. Looking forward to new friends and awesome topics. 

• Like 1

Hello, Fuguang and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Faguang,

Which big island?  Australia?  (Just kidding.)  You should be able to edit your profile now.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

Welcome to the site and look forward to your participation.  Hawaii is not just beautiful but a unique nexus of East meets West. 

• Like 2

THE DEEPER MEANING OF ALOHA 
by Curby Rule

For those who follow the path of Huna, or are fortunate enough to live in Hawai'i, it is common for us to use the word Aloha. We use it in greetings and farewells and in expressing love. But the word means even more, it is a way of life.

Besides these common meanings, the word Aloha holds within itself all one needs to know to interact rightfully in the natural world. These insights describe an attitude or way of life sometimes called "The Aloha Spirit" or "The Way of Aloha".

The spirit of Aloha was an important lesson taught to the children of the past because it was about the world of which they were a part. One early teaching goes like this:

Aloha is being a part of all, and all being a part of me. When there is pain - it is my pain. When there is joy - it is also mine. I respect all that is as part of the Creator and part of me. I will not willfully harm anyone or anything. When food is needed I will take only my need and explain why it is being taken. The earth, the sky, the sea are mine to care for, to cherish and to protect. This is Hawaiian - this is Aloha!

• Like 3

On 9/30/2017 at 3:20 PM, thelerner said:

Welcome to the site and look forward to your participation.  Hawaii is not just beautiful but a unique nexus of East meets West. 

Thank you! I totally agree. Mahalo.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2017 at 4:09 PM, Lost in Translation said:

I had Loco Moco at L&L Hawaiian BBQ for lunch today. Coincidence? I think not!

Welcome!

Coincidence? Now, that's a good topic. I went to L & L on Friday! I think it means we are going to be friends. :) Thanks for the welcome. Aloha!

• Like 2

On 9/30/2017 at 7:39 PM, Earl Grey said:

Aloha and welcome to our forum. We look forward to your contributions. I've only ever been to Maui, but a lovely corner of the world you call home is the envy of many. Mahalo! 

Thank you for the welcome! I feel truly blessed to be able to live on an island! When you get back to Hawaii, let me know. Aloha.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Stosh said:

THE DEEPER MEANING OF ALOHA 
by Curby Rule

For those who follow the path of Huna, or are fortunate enough to live in Hawai'i, it is common for us to use the word Aloha. We use it in greetings and farewells and in expressing love. But the word means even more, it is a way of life.

Besides these common meanings, the word Aloha holds within itself all one needs to know to interact rightfully in the natural world. These insights describe an attitude or way of life sometimes called "The Aloha Spirit" or "The Way of Aloha".

The spirit of Aloha was an important lesson taught to the children of the past because it was about the world of which they were a part. One early teaching goes like this:

Aloha is being a part of all, and all being a part of me. When there is pain - it is my pain. When there is joy - it is also mine. I respect all that is as part of the Creator and part of me. I will not willfully harm anyone or anything. When food is needed I will take only my need and explain why it is being taken. The earth, the sky, the sea are mine to care for, to cherish and to protect. This is Hawaiian - this is Aloha!

Hi! Yes and yes! That's exactly right. The spirit of Aloha is all around the island. It's beautiful and spiritual. Thank you. 

• Like 3

On 9/30/2017 at 0:14 PM, Marblehead said:

Hello, Fuguang and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Faguang,

Which big island?  Australia?  (Just kidding.)  You should be able to edit your profile now.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

Hi! I've been to that big island as well. :) Thanks so much. Aloha! 

• Like 1