C T

Irresponsible, Unrefined, Insulting Post

It is more than 36 hours since I reported this post but have yet to be notified of measurements being considered with regards to said post. I am hoping to hear from one of the Team soon (via pm if deemed necessary) on what i see as an accusatory and strongly worded post which is basically incorrect, spiteful, misleading, and which serves no purpose other than to undermine another member's reputation and integrity. 

CT,

I am talking about your uniformed posts.

You have no clue as to what you are talking about but have been passive aggressive with your ignorance for pages.

It is you sir who has shown your true colors.

I do hope someday you can actually be an example of that self righteousness you preach to others.

As an example maybe you could start by working  on yourself instead of telling everyone how you perceive them to be lacking.

Be the example CT.

Don't just tell others what to do.

Edited to take out the word dumbass.

Edited 2 hours ago by Jonesboy

Edited by C T
  • Like 2

To be fair, i have to say it was a nice gesture from Jonesboy to acknowledge the uniformity of my posts on TDB. 

cheers for that.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

I once reported myself for being an ass.

You wouldn't believe how many "Thank You"s I got.

I find it hard to believe you were an ass .... only once :)

• Like 4

Just now, Apech said:

I find it hard to believe you were an ass .... only once :)

Hehehe.  That is the only time I have admitted it.  Other times I had reasons so they don't count.

• Like 1

Just now, Marblehead said:

Hehehe.  That is the only time I have admitted it.  Other times I had reasons so they don't count.

I still think you are probably the only person to have reported themselves ... for which kudos.

• Like 2

I've reported myself. 

Though now that I'm a moderator I realize reports are a pain.  Particularly 'he said, she said' types where both parties end up insulting each other. 

The mods have discussed it, the thread being referred to has gotten more then one report.  To me its a case of good intentions on both sides being argued, then getting ugly.  Not an unusual case when someone presents a practice another finds dangerous.  Yet, after a warning and explanation, it's probably best to let it go.  Assume people will be responsible, and not get into circuitous arguments. 

In the end we've been mostly wu wei on this, hoping the responsible parties, who have earned our respect for there views and writings in the past, will sort it out themselves, even if its just stating one's truth and walking away. 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, C T said:

It is more than 36 hours since I reported this post but have yet to be notified of measurements being considered with regards to said post. I am hoping to hear from one of the Team soon (via pm if deemed necessary) on what i see as an accusatory and strongly worded post which is basically incorrect, spiteful, misleading, and which serves no purpose other than to undermine another member's reputation and integrity. 

Join the club. It seems that anything goes here anymore and any abusive speech is acceptable in that all sides must be heard to the point of ad nauseam. Then healing will supposedly take place. Obviously, that never happens.

• Like 2

I wasn't expecting too much. Simply a courteous acknowledgement that the report had been received, like what was the norm in the past, would have been nice. 

The time lapse potentially allows for speculations to arise. Therefore delays aren't usually helpful in such instances.

It really isn't that complex - in fact, it clearly appears to be a straightforward violation, one which can be nullified easily if Jonesboy can offer a satisfactory set of reasonings to account for punctuating his retort (post) with what appears to be a stance of impatient petulance, and in doing so, appears to have contradicted the very commodity he so zealously promotes/defends. 

Edited by C T
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, ralis said:

Join the club. It seems that anything goes here anymore and any abusive speech is acceptable in that all sides must be heard to the point of ad nauseam. Then healing will supposedly take place. Obviously, that never happens.

Seems to me there are threads that quickly go from controversial to cess pit and stay alive.  They're breeding grounds for bad feelings.  They'll often wind up in Hundun section and are probably best off closed, but that has to balanced with free speech and the hope that regain civility and good conversation versus talking and insulting each other will flow. 

For my sanity and equanimity I try to avoid the most contentious threads.  And have to recommend that people take breaks from them- de-tangle, maybe create a topic on something positive.. balance.  Otherwise the bitterness accumulates.

If your thoughts are turning to this site during real life, and they're filled with anger and bitterness, its time to take a break or better yet, simply don't read the threads that push your buttons.   Life is short, other then stating your peace, your not going to change anyones mind, matter of fact, once an argument has circled round once or twice, neither side is gonna look good, no matter witty or voluminous there arguments get.

One thing I've gotten out of this is that mods could do better acknowledging to parties that they're looking into it.   So writers aren't left wondering if there reports are ignored.  Behind the scenes there is discussion and debate. 

• Like 7

Some topics /threads are like a flame to a moth. 

If passions didn't run so high would the interest be the same?

Who wants to be wrong or wronged?

I trust at the end of the day (however long it may be) things will turn out exactly as they should.

• Like 2

Im only interested in honesty, sincerity and integrity. 

Rights and wrongs and their interpretations are the bane of existence. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, C T said:

I honestly, sincerely, and with great umbrage disagree, and must do so to maintain my integrity.

Not all are interpretations are either right or wrong, but maybe just maybe appropriate to that particular phenomenon and it's particular (individual) observers.

Fire can hurt in excess yet heal in moderation.

The same can be said of food, and many other things as well!

That being said I sincerely doubt that an eternal truth exists.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, C T said:

Thank you for expressing your preferences (which I happen to share) and I'm curious - are you Attached to the outcome of your Desire for only respectful dialogue? I ask because I enjoy your words very much and would hate to see less of them. (-:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, cold said:

I honestly, sincerely, and with great umbrage disagree, and must do so to maintain my integrity.

Not all are interpretations are either right or wrong, but maybe just maybe appropriate to that particular phenomenon and it's particular (individual) observers.

Fire can hurt in excess yet heal in moderation.

The same can be said of food, and many other things as well!

That being said I sincerely doubt that an eternal truth exists.

Thank you. 

Interpretations are matters guided by subjective preferences, and also by chance encounters where outcomes are predicated on whims, moods and situational transactions. In this particular instance of the OP, fortunately none of these factors need to be accounted for. 

• Like 1

IMO That post isnt enough to actually enough to undermine my opinion of your integrity or anything else. Though it is difficult to tolerate that kind of thing,and it does appear inflammatory. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rene said:

Thank you for expressing your preferences (which I happen to share) and I'm curious - are you Attached to the outcome of your Desire for only respectful dialogue? I ask because I enjoy your words very much and would hate to see less of them. (-:

Not particularly attached to good outcomes, nor particular repulsed by bad ones. 

Do I desire only respectful dialogue? Never actually considered it, but it sounds quite extreme, so I would have to say 'No'. 

All the same, thank you for being curious. I hope your curiosity always remain as one of the causes that bring you delight in things big and small. Like your teacup, for example... :)

Edited by C T
  • Like 2

Dear Admin & team... 

Can someone please acknowledge what exactly is going on with the report that I made pertaining to whats been highlighted here? Surely by now some movement have occurred. Even if 'no action necessary' was concluded, which won't be too surprising, at least have the courtesy to remain efficiently informative instead of keeping mum. 

Like i said, the longer you guys keep quiet, the more speculations will surface. Why must the apparent silence be a contributing factor to such an unhelpful thing?  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cold said:

Some topics /threads are like a flame to a moth. 

If passions didn't run so high would the interest be the same?

Who wants to be wrong or wronged?

I trust at the end of the day (however long it may be) things will turn out exactly as they should.

I wouldn't mind being wrong once.  I have never had that experience.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, C T said:

Dear Admin & team... 

Can someone please acknowledge what exactly is going on with the report that I made pertaining to whats been highlighted here? Surely by now some movement have occurred. Even if 'no action necessary' was concluded, which won't be too surprising, at least have the courtesy to remain efficiently informative instead of keeping mum. 

Like i said, the longer you guys keep quiet, the more speculations will surface. Why must the apparent silence be a contributing factor to such an unhelpful thing?  

Maybe this is your answer?

On 09/29/2017 at 3:35 PM, thelerner said:

The mods have discussed it, the thread being referred to has gotten more then one report.  To me its a case of good intentions on both sides being argued, then getting ugly.  Not an unusual case when someone presents a practice another finds dangerous.  Yet, after a warning and explanation, it's probably best to let it go.  Assume people will be responsible, and not get into circuitous arguments. 

In the end we've been mostly wu wei on this, hoping the responsible parties, who have earned our respect for there views and writings in the past, will sort it out themselves, even if its just stating one's truth and walking away. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, rene said:

Maybe this is your answer?

Thank you for the refreshing kick up the behind, rene... :D

Can't believe I actually missed it. wow

Please accept my apologies, Admin & co., esp Michael. 

• Like 3

On 9/29/2017 at 11:35 PM, thelerner said:

I've reported myself. 

Though now that I'm a moderator I realize reports are a pain.  Particularly 'he said, she said' types where both parties end up insulting each other. 

The party concerned did the insulting. Was it called for? Surely not. Reflects accordingly anyhow, what the poster is attempting to represent.

I am not aware of any warning, unless it was done privately. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, C T said:

Dear Admin & team... 

I have reported racism, anti-Semitism, misogyny and personal attacks to the mods. Was any action taken? No. I was told that all must have their say. If I remember correctly, the rules forbid such talk.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, C T said:

The party concerned did the insulting. Was it called for? Surely not. Reflects accordingly anyhow, what the poster is attempting to represent.

I am not aware of any warning, unless it was done privately. 

Would you like for me to insult you?  That way you can forget about the old insult and concentrate on mine?  But then, I would have to lie in order to do it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ralis said:

I have reported racism, anti-Semitism, misogyny and personal attacks to the mods. Was any action taken? No. I was told that all must have their say. If I remember correctly, the rules forbid such talk.

Yeah, but then, you are looking for idealism.  Such a thing has never existed.  People have their reasons, justifiable or not.

The English still don't like the French and the French still don't like the Germans.