Cistunac

lot of tears?

I have a question about emotional state. In last couple of years, I am very emotional when watching any movies / shows.
What I mean is: I cry at almost every show / movie I watch (last was episode of NCIS which, you must admit, is not THAT emotionally
strong). I think I do understand the reason of my emotions and I am almost pretty sure it is happening because of meditation,
but I am surprised by the force behind it which makes me cry (usually my  facial expression is unchanged, but the tears are just streaming down my face).
It is not something that is causing me lot of problems, but I just wonder if anybody has same / similar experience and if some progress could be done.
Thank you in advance.

• Like 6

Personally, I do not cry much, but when I do I figure it is just a release of built up emotion or some obstruction clearing out,  so I let it happen. Tears, for me, are cleansing.

Is there something in what you are watching that you can relate to that stirs emotion? Can you say more about the force behind it you mention?

Often times, meditation opens us up making us more sensitive to outside stimuli and will touch something in us we might not even be aware of on a conscious level. If it is not causing any problem for you, I'd say just let the tears flow and accept the release.

• Like 4

I cry whenever I watch Hallmark movies. They are cheesy and predictable, but it's always water works before the end. I also cry when my wife watches her Filipino soap operas. Can you imagine that, a grown man crying while watching sub-titled Tagalog soap operas?

44 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

it is just a release of built up emotion or some obstruction clearing out,  so I let it happen.

Kar3n is correct. As long as you are someplace safe, just let it happen.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Cistunac said:

It is not something that is causing me lot of problems, but I just wonder if anybody has same / similar experience and if some progress could be done.

Hi Cistunac,

"If some progress could be done"?

With tears you have already progressed as reflected thus:

6 hours ago, Kar3n said:

Personally, I do not cry much, but when I do I figure it is just a release of built up emotion or some obstruction clearing out,  so I let it happen. Tears, for me, are cleansing.

5 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

Kar3n is correct. As long as you are someplace safe, just let it happen.

5 hours ago, Nintendao said:

Lot of tears is good. It means the Holy Spirit can water more flowers with them, in the heavens gardens.

I just started chanting Buddhist sutras quite recently . I don't understand a word.

Tears flowed at the beginning and I could not continue because of the bottled up emotions.

Now no more tears (only occasionally) when I chant.

Perhaps there are cleansing.

Now I chant with happiness and I smile.

- LimA

• Like 3

Thank you all for your posts. Michael Buble video brought me a smile, although I did not listen to it..

I was analyzing my crying urge for some time but I have no clear answer why is it so strong (except meditation). 

The triggers are more or less always the same, characters in the show made act(s) of self-sacrifice or they all survived and lived happily ever after or something similar. But previously I did not cry, I maybe had "moist" eyes. But now, it is every time "cry me a river".. I was hoping to hear that somebody had similar experience and have managed to reduce the intensity (this is what I would like to do) of this emotions. I am aware that tears could be cleansing and helpful as many people told me, but as my reactions are happening for more than 3 years, I was hoping to overcome it already and stop crying on every show / movie  I watch (there is no way that I will go to cinema..).

Anyway, it is not terrible problem, surely people daily suffer much more (and if I can help to anybody to reduce suffering, I will gladly do it) but it would be nice to see some changes in this "problem2 of mine after such long time.

Thnx everybody.

• Like 1

Please don't try to control your emotions.

I held my tongue until I felt the primary discussion was finished.

I too am an emotional person but I can't say that my expressions are as vivid as yours.

I feel you do not have a problem.  Your natural self is expressing its self.  Nothing wrong with that.  In fact, Chuang Tzu would likely say that you are making progress.

So:

Spoiler

• Like 1

On 10/2/2017 at 6:49 PM, Marblehead said:

Please don't try to control your emotions.

Hi Dada-da,

Yes. Emotions are for expression, not control. Bottled up emotions are ... bad ... mad ... sad ...

I held my tongue until I felt the primary discussion was finished.

Holding one's tongue is tantamount to controlling one's emotions?

I too am an emotional person but I can't say that my expressions are as vivid as yours.

No two persons are the same, so cannot compare people emotionally.

There is an 'elegance' to your emotional side - a good motion/emotion balance.

You are promotional at times; so you will not get a demotion.

I feel you do not have a problem.  Your natural self is expressing its self.  Nothing wrong with that.  In fact, Chuang Tzu would likely say that you are making progress.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

GARNET MIMMS - Cry baby.

Thank you. Hearing for the first time - a gem. Where will such gems be in the absence of TDB?

- LimA

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

GARNET MIMMS - Cry baby.

Thank you. Hearing for the first time - a gem. Where will such gems be in the absence of TDB?

- LimA

In my personal music collection.

Maybe Suppressed tears are starting to flow because You've unblocked the dam. Let it alllllllll out. Just always remember to smile about it after, you being extremely empathetic to a fake show, which isnt 'bad' (hate using that word) but don't dwell on these things.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mia said:

Maybe Suppressed tears are starting to flow because You've unblocked the dam. Let it alllllllll out.  Just always remember to smile about it after ...

Hi Mia,

The flows have started ....................

There is a rainbow @ 1:46.

- LimA

• Like 1

I think I like Diana Krall's version best  Bubles version is a little too much a mix of styles that are blended but still rather distinct , like the James bond theme. ( and now you say you love me portion sounds like one of those , which one Im trying to find out.. ) and thats odd because I think Bassey did this song , as well as some of the bond stuff right ? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PI_SverY0w

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 2

there is one particular movie... since I was age 10... if I watch it... I cry throughout...

I've stopped crying for lots of things... but not this movie... 

In general, I'd suggest that crying is good for the soul... reminds us of our humanity.   But there may be a time to evaluate why a movie makes one cry too much... 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2017 at 8:07 AM, Cistunac said:

I have a question about emotional state. In last couple of years, I am very emotional when watching any movies / shows.

It's an aspect of emotional maturity and developing empathy, probably resulting from meditation as you say.  I recall something I was told long ago:  When bodyguards would take kids they were watching to kid's movies the bodyguards would be crying during some parts but not the kids.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

It's an aspect of emotional maturity and developing empathy, probably resulting from meditation as you say.  I recall something I was told long ago:  When bodyguards would take kids they were watching to kid's movies the bodyguards would be crying during some parts but not the kids.

Not surprising. Built-up stress is naturally vented through tear flow; all the process needs is a trigger. Very healthy system, imo. 🦋

• Like 2

22 hours ago, dawei said:

there is one particular movie... since I was age 10... if I watch it... I cry throughout... I've stopped crying for lots of things... but not this movie... 

Hi dawei,

Please advise on the title of the movie, if you can still remember. Thank you.

In general, I'd suggest that crying is good for the soul... reminds us of our humanity. 

True. Even animals can cry e.g. cows (four-legged). Ma'am - don't get me wrong.

But there may be a time to evaluate why a movie makes one cry too much... 

Such an evaluation is good for the soul.

19 hours ago, Starjumper said:

It's an aspect of emotional maturity and developing empathy, probably resulting from meditation as you say.

Hi Steve,

Great our paths crossed again.

What you said about what dawei said - also my say.

19 hours ago, Starjumper said:

When bodyguards would take kids they were watching to kid's movies the bodyguards would be crying during some parts but not the kids.

Real women and men - emphatically and emotionally developed humans. 

19 hours ago, rene said:

Not surprising.

Hi Ma'am,

I am not surprised too. Great minds think...

19 hours ago, rene said:

Built-up stress is naturally vented through tear flow; all the process needs is a trigger. Very healthy system, imo. 🦋

It is not possible to cause no harm. It is not possible to cause no benefit.

Every action, and non-action, is one of equal creation and destruction.

Such is the way of Tao.

Imo - too. Great minds think...

- LimA 🦋

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Starjumper said:

The only type of tears I get are tears of joy.

Hi Steve,

Pretty moving - coming from a guy who is apparently more rooted in the physical Taoist arts.

Don't you think so, Ma'am?

You have associated tears to "an aspect of emotional maturity and developing empathy".

Steve - for this association, you deserve a butterfly  🦋.

What has happened to the 'Dragon' linked to Starjumper?

Have noticed that now Starjumper is defined as a 'Human'.

By this definition, I am almost moved to tears as a human being.

Why? I am conditioned as a guy to contain my tears.

As a 'Human', you deserve two more butterflies  🦋 🦋:

- one from me.

- the other from ...

Proud of you Brother.

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

1 hour ago, Limahong said:

What has happened to the 'Dragon' linked to Starjumper?

Have noticed that now Starjumper is defined as a 'Human'.

I put human there to keep from upsetting the trolls from Dumbfuckistan.  Can't a being be both a human and a dragon at the same time?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

I put human there to keep from upsetting the trolls from Dumbfuckistan.  Can't a being be both a human and a dragon at the same time?

I say poke the trolls... what else do they have in the end?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Limahong said:

Don't you think so, Ma'am?

LimA, hi.

There are three things I need your help with.  I've noticed you are trying to drag me into various conversations you're having with others; please stop. Be assured if I wanted to comment, I would. Also, please stop the red bolded Ma'am thing - call me rene - and the third thing is - my butterflys are not prizes to be given out like gold stars. Can you help me with this by agreeing to my requests?

2 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Hi Steve,

What/where is Dumb....istan? I google and I am still scratching my head.

A being = a human + a dragon? Can?

Sure. But only you can. Others cannot. 

1 hour ago, silent thunder said:

I say poke the trolls... what else do they have in the end?

Hi Creighton,

You are naughty. Poke the trolls - where? Which end?

37 minutes ago, rene said:

Can you help me with this by agreeing to my requests?

Hi rene,

But of course. I cannot resist poking fun. At home I am nicknamed the cheeky monkey.

- LimA  🦋 🦋 🦋

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...