Sign in to follow this  
Rickie

Wai Dan QiGong

I'm re-reading "Qigong for Health and Martial Art" by Dr yang Jwing-ming.  Is anyone familiar with this book?

I'm quite familiar with his book The Root of Chinese Qi Gong, but haven't read any of his others.

I appreciate his style and appreciate the manner he shares information in Root.

What are you getting from your reread?  Is it mostly theory or are there practical applications shared?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, silent thunder said:

I'm quite familiar with his book The Root of Chinese Qi Gong, but haven't read any of his others.

I appreciate his style and appreciate the manner he shares information in Root.

What are you getting from your reread?  Is it mostly theory or are there practical applications shared?

The first part of the book is history & theory.  The first read filled in some cracks from other things I read and was was inspiring.  I started doing a free form QiGong and was struggling, it was beating me up.  I decided to read it again after joining here.

With the second reading I discovered what I was doing wrong with my QiGong and now am following the open hand Wai Dan exercises p28.  I'm embracing the structure the forms offer.  My free form is by feel and intuition.  I did what I felt was right for the muscle groups I thought needed my attention.  Among other things I wasn't consistent.

The sections on breathing and meditation reinforce how I meditate and is helping me fine tune.  Like a review of the basics can never  hurt, right.  Like my QiGong my meditations vary buy feel & intuition so I'm "I'm a jack of all trades and master of none."  I have to be cautious about distractions, doing too many things at once and tangents. I'm a work in progress.

I enjoy what I'm doing now and believe when I improve my consistency and focus I'll reap the benefits months down the road and enjoy what I'm doing even more.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this