Sign in to follow this  
TheWhiteRabbit

Can answers be computed instead of using a search engine?

In the twilight of the snark of the rise of the post-postmodern era...  I came upon a search engine that suggests that answers can be computed rather than relying upon search results?  Odd?  I say ironic.

Here is Wolfram-Alpha to play around with if you dare:

http://www.wolframalpha.com/

Things sometimes naturally seem to have a form of irony.  If you are familiar with the metalurgy in populist metaphysics, Wolfram or Tungsten has a dense resistive quality lending to chaotic energies.  In populist jokes, Tungsten with cores of Selenium (a stone that draws in and self-cleanses energy) are used in the 1984 joke movie Ghostbusters.  Funny? Maybe.

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

21 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I tried one and got the result:  Data not available.

Oh well, The Graphene age is coming.  People will actually have phones implanted in their hands.  Arrogant minds march on...

• Like 1

True.  Kind or not, sometimes our age seems like meanness to young people.

Compare Kali.

Compare Treebeard's "I am on nobody's side because no one is on my side."

Just a side point I was thinking about as people point fingers at the wisdom of angry old men.  I mean that sarcastically of course.

I doubt that having everything literally at people's fingertips will be a positive thing.  I never allowed myself that amenity.  But, the fact that the time has passed and civil war wont happen.  That we wont have the cellulose conglomerate furniture that we have in the future is a far more positive thing.  My hope is that eventually that technology will be developed so that we wont have to use trees for furniture in the future.  But, thankfully the future is changed and we have far more opportunities now than we previously did.  The only thing that is left is for humanity to get over itself.  People talk about divisions, but that inself is the dividing factor.  Some people do not want to changeor live in a world where people get over their victimizations.  But that is what is currently bringing people down.  Those are not the thoughts even of  Übermensch.    

Yeah, old age is a pretty darn good teacher.  In many cases dying young means you didn't lean any of your lessons.

I don't consider myself an angry old man but I am sure that there are some who do.  That's their perception.  No my problem.

It could be that humanity needs to go back to the trees and start over, taking a different path.

Really though, the future of humanity is of little interest to me.  I have lived a very full life.  Even my future isn't worth worrying about.

I have already attained the overman.  Thanks to Nietzsche, Lao Tzu and Chuang Tzu.

But where do I go from here?  There is peace & contentment here.  There seems to be no place to go.

The rest of the world has to work out its own problems.  I could offer advice but most people don't want to hear my truths.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Yeah, old age is a pretty darn good teacher.  In many cases dying young means you didn't lean any of your lessons.

I don't consider myself an angry old man but I am sure that there are some who do.  That's their perception.  No my problem.

It could be that humanity needs to go back to the trees and start over, taking a different path.

Really though, the future of humanity is of little interest to me.  I have lived a very full life.  Even my future isn't worth worrying about.

I have already attained the overman.  Thanks to Nietzsche, Lao Tzu and Chuang Tzu.

But where do I go from here?  There is peace & contentment here.  There seems to be no place to go.

The rest of the world has to work out its own problems.  I could offer advice but most people don't want to hear my truths.

There is always a place to go.   I say here writing a several hundred word explanation, then realized I do not need to write that.  What I really needed to say was Lao Tzu, Chuang Tzu... They already spoke of the insanity of realizing that they might be something else than what they were.  If anyone could explain pushing beyond into that (as our mind falsely claims) insanity... That would be it.  I am not saying you are the master of the puppets.  Im not saying I control everything either.  But when we let go of what we think and just try with most or all our effort, something amazing happens.  When we get to technical, we lose it.  It has something to do with slowing down or interfering because our mind begins reeling... "Insanity! Insanity!" it yells.  But when we firmly believe in what we are doing... It doesn't make things happen.  That is where people fail.  What it DOES do is allow us to try.

I want to hear them.  If you met me in person you would think that Donald Trump and I grew up together or something.  The major distinction is that Trump does listen to few people other than himself.  I do listen, still take into consideration what people say.  Sometimes I realize there is much confirmation bias, sometimes there are some important truths.  It is all feedback in  away.  Sometimes, simply forgiving people who have done xx thing also has a miraculous effect that people do not understand and it changes the physical world also in ways that people do not understand.  So, if there is anything that you can take away from this last paragraph is this:  Sometimes there are things that people do not understand, these things do have an effect on everything.  So, your opinion does matter even if you think it does not.  Which it does.

• Like 1

Nice reply.

I don't want to talk about myself any more in this thread so I will hold my tongue in that area.

To your opening post,  yes, there are processes of commonalities such that a computer program such as the one you presented could be used to find generalized answers to questions.

Remember, the I Ching is of this format.

But today it would require a very large data base and a good routine to look for key words and this routine would have to consider how the key words were used.

21 minutes ago, Son Yu said:

All technology is plagiarism of what the human can already do.

You can fly?

Sweet!

Sign in to follow this