Fool

[HELP NEEDED] A Dangerous Story - Don't Make This Terrible Mistake Like I Did!

The story you're about to hear might sound terrifying, but, at the same time,

it can be a great lesson for you all - I beg you to not make the same

mistake as I did.

Before I start, I'd like to say that I'm very happy that I found this forum. It's my pleasure to meet you all!

As much as I'd like to write about something positive and share some good vibes

with the community, I really can't - I'm in pain for more than 2 years, and I need your help.

Traditional western doctors can't help as they are totally incompetent and "intellectually impotent"

when it comes to the following phenomena..

Ok, so where do I start...

Like many of you, I've been excited to learn and practice Qigong for many years. I first started practicing martial arts, and kept doing it for close to 5 years and literally fell in love with kungfu, meditation, qigong, and everything related to Taoism and the like. I enjoyed great health, vitality and happiness for many years.

And then it happened, a stupid foolishness, a terrible action out of curiosity and the desire to be healthy and retain my sexual energy and vitality. I found some courses on the jen-mo acupressure point.

The One-Million-Dollar point they say...or, perhaps, the One-Million-Regrets?

At the beginning, I was pressing this point successfully and was able to have orgasm without ejaculation. Whether I was still losing the energy through urination I didn't know - for all I knew was that I could enjoy multiple orgasms with my girlfriend and have a good sexual life.

It all seemed almost magical, I was even more excited to get more involved with spiritual Qigong, explore it in deeper depths.

But I didn't.

Instead, I became miserable. I lost many things, it became harder for me to enjoy happiness.

It happened one day, when I was pretty sick from a terrible cold. I had a very strong chronic cough which lasted for weeks. I moved to a country in the North, and my body was not used to the climate there. Being a fool (Yes, I admit it, an idiot is probably a more proper word to describe myself) - I started practicing this exercise believing that it will help me recover faster...

Now up to this day, I still have no idea what actually happened. I probably pressed the point to strong, I also did it closer to my anus because before that I was perhaps not pressing it correctly.

I have no memory now if it was painful at that moment. I think I felt a mild pain but nothing serious.

From that day, my life turned into a nightmare. I was not aware what was happening to me, and worse, I didn't even know that it was connected to pressing the million-dollar-regrets point.

I started having a severe pain while sitting and when trying to stand up. Coming from a patriarchal family and being taught that "one needs be a man", I didn't complain for many weeks, but then the pain was becoming more and more severe.

There were times when I literally had to use my hands in order to stand up from a chair, the pain was so severe that felt I could collapse.

Worst of all? I had no idea what's happening.

I thought at first it was a tailbone pain (become I felt it around that area, around the rectum). I went to every single doctor and none could find anything wrong with me. First, they checked my tailbone and inside rectally to check for prostate enlargement - nothing. Then on X-ray they found some slight misalignment, but it turned out it's nothing, some old injury and so on and so on. Then for months I did all kinds of medical analysis and examinations - x-rays, MRIs, all kinds of blood tests to check for infections, urologists, gastroenterologist, orthopedist, neurologists, only God knows all the trouble I went through - at the end?

Nothing.

I was going in circles.

Diagnose: A hypochondriac.They made me a lunatic.Stop this craziness, go out and have some fun, there's nothing wrong with you, you're perfectly healthy, you're too young to be a hypochondriac.

At the same time, I was doing my own research. I went through all kinds of medical books and journals to find what's wrong with me.

Pudendal Neuralgia, Pudendal Nerve Entrapment, Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome, Chronic Prostatitis, and on and on the list goes (I even discovered all possible bacteria and viruses which might cause an infection in that region that might cause a pain like that and did all examinations privately).

Nothing, folks, perfect blood samples, beautiful MRIs and X-rays, seemingly a healthy and strong young male. But was I?

The only thing I found to be helping me at least temporarily to manage it, was to take B-Vitamins (Neurobion), to lose underpants with a hole around the tailbone with very elastic jeans so that the pain is minimized.

Well you say, not that bad, there are many worse things happening to people, at least it wasn't a cancer.

I agree, but I don't wish this to even to the most evil of foes - the story doesn't end here.

I soon caught the same virus, and I started having the same strong chronic cough. A terrible virus, strong chronic cough for almost 2 months.

Ready for this one?

New pain, now in the upper left back (with time, I found out that the pain was more intense on the left side of my tailbone/rectum, so it was the left meridian). It became also chronic in nature, I felt it at certain movements, while sleeping (waking me up), when lifting, practically at all times except when lying straight on my back.

So now I was not only not able to sit, but I had hard times sleeping, going to work (I couldn't wear my backpack), and many other crappy things.

Ah that jen-mo point.. It finally occurred to me - it was all happening on my left-side bladder meridian, perhaps I somehow had closed the flow of chi when I pressed that point. I found this to be true not only from these 2 chronic pains, but once I was running and started having pain in my Achilles tendon, which is also the same pathway for the bladder meridian.

I am still in this condition up do this day and I am doing everything to manage it. I am emotionally stable and can control myself, but the pain greatly affects my everyday life. I still have hope that somehow, someone (including myself), might be able to help me.

Is there anyone here on this forum with a similar experience? Are there any senior Qigong masters that might be able to help me and suggest some practical chi gong exercises that might unblock this channel?

I found some threads related to the jen-mo acupressure point.

- This one being the main one:

I know and understand that you have no motivation at all to spend time researching this and just to try to help me. I am no one in your life after all... But I'm honestly hoping that there will be someone emphatic enough to try and understand my situation and help another sentient being.

Last but certainly not least - FORGET about that million-dollar-crap, like I said, I was doing this successfully for years, but one bad pressing caused me so many terrible things..

Well, any suggestions?

Edited by Fool
  • Like 4

Hello, Fool and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Fool,

Best Wishes at finding some answers to your questions.  I don't discuss such things so I will be of no help.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 1

If you tell your location there might be some people here who could suggest you skilled Qigong-Masters and/or Acupuncturists in your area that can help you. Best wishes :-) 

Edited by phil
  • Like 2

Your situation is not that uncommon, particularly with those who are just starting with new body energy stuff. In simple terms, you have begun to open your “heart” (chakra), but it is like you are stuck in highly receptive mode, and not transmitting the energy back out. In more Taoist terms, you are yin, but backed up on the yang side. In mental, or psychological terms, you are noticing issues, but never letting them go.

The most direct thing you can do to help in this situation is energy movement exercises, something like Micro Cosmic Orbit or other similar practices. Also, if you would like, I would be happy to sort remotely scan you and maybe make some more detailed suggestions. Just let me know or send me a pm if you are interested.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, phil said:

If you tell your location there might be some people here who could suggest you skilled Qigong-Masters and/or Acupuncturists in your area that can help you. Best wishes :-) 

Thanks Phil!

I'm traveling most of the time because of the nature of my work - for most of the time, I will be in Moscow (I'm not originally from Russia though).

2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Your situation is not that uncommon, particularly with those who are just starting with new body energy stuff. In simple terms, you have begun to open your “heart” (chakra), but it is like you are stuck in highly receptive mode, and not transmitting the energy back out. In more Taoist terms, you are yin, but backed up on the yang side. In mental, or psychological terms, you are noticing issues, but never letting them go.

The most direct thing you can do to help in this situation is energy movement exercises, something like Micro Cosmic Orbit or other similar practices. Also, if you would like, I would be happy to sort remotely scan you and maybe make some more detailed suggestions. Just let me know or send me a pm if you are interested.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions Jeff!

After that thing happened, I literally stopped all my practice (no physical exercises at all) because I was scared that I could potentially worsen the situation (I suspected it's some nerve damage). Only now I'm gradually just starting to practice some essential chi-gong, like the 6 sounds cleansing, basic standing meditation, and some exercises for circulating the chi.

I also discovered one great exercise that affects directly this bladder meridian - inhaling from the left nostril only across the left meridian next to the spine, while still holding the breath I circulate the energy through the spine to the crown and back, and on exhaling it goes out to the right meridian next to the spine, only from the right nostril. Then I repeat it from the other side, and like that several times.

But Is it possible to fix this with passive qigong exercises only? Without any body movements and no active qigong?

discovery of that point and the possibility to not let semen out is great because while you hold it your body acts differently during the release than when you not hold it.

And later you will hold that point all the time(not with leg or any other tool, but with the mind) and at certain times let the balls drop, relax. It also same with the holding eyes together as one all the time, at first they get separated but later they stay together and then sometimes you pull open again.

There is lots of issues, i too have sometimes trouble even standing up and walking straight, also a period that waking up i have basically no energy to stand up. But have you noticed that sometimes there is a blackening of the mind and vision disappears and you start get the sensation of fainting, that's the thing you also overcome like you can by will push through it.

Sicknesses, migraines, life goes downhill, anxieties, physical pains, stomach issues...

Today i had a uncomfortable physical issue what woke me up. I have every day is a bad day. Even the good part of day, is too intense and i feel like shittyng my rectum empty every day because of excitement.

But there is a nice side, discovering lots of things. Specially when the old issues are like nothing and controllable with mind.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Fool said:

Thanks a lot for the suggestions Jeff!

After that thing happened, I literally stopped all my practice (no physical exercises at all) because I was scared that I could potentially worsen the situation (I suspected it's some nerve damage). Only now I'm gradually just starting to practice some essential chi-gong, like the 6 sounds cleansing, basic standing meditation, and some exercises for circulating the chi.

I also discovered one great exercise that affects directly this bladder meridian - inhaling from the left nostril only across the left meridian next to the spine, while still holding the breath I circulate the energy through the spine to the crown and back, and on exhaling it goes out to the right meridian next to the spine, only from the right nostril. Then I repeat it from the other side, and like that several times.

But Is it possible to fix this with passive qigong exercises only? Without any body movements and no active qigong?

Sure. The issue is really more about you both mentally and energetically holding things in. Your semen retention was a physical manifestation of the same underlying issue. Things like charity work or helping others will make a difference. Simply playing with young children or long walks in nature will help. Talking to friends or or a psychologist about your fears and issues will help.

Sort of like you want to be more balanced and “outbound” instead of emotional and inwardly focused. Also, will send you a pm with some other suggestions.

41 minutes ago, allinone said:

discovery of that point and the possibility to not let semen out is great because while you hold it your body acts differently during the release than when you not hold it.

And later you will hold that point all the time(not with leg or any other tool, but with the mind) and at certain times let the balls drop, relax. It also same with the holding eyes together as one all the time, at first they get separated but later they stay together and then sometimes you pull open again.

There is lots of issues, i too have sometimes trouble even standing up and walking straight, also a period that waking up i have basically no energy to stand up. But have you noticed that sometimes there is a blackening of the mind and vision disappears and you start get the sensation of fainting, that's the thing you also overcome like you can by will push through it.

Sicknesses, migraines, life goes downhill, anxieties, physical pains, stomach issues...

Today i had a uncomfortable physical issue what woke me up. I have every day is a bad day. Even the good part of day, is too intense and i feel like shittyng my rectum empty every day because of excitement.

But there is a nice side, discovering lots of things. Specially when the old issues are like nothing and controllable with mind.

Sorry to hear about your situation allinone, unfortunately our situations are somewhat different - I have this pain only in certain body postures, not at all times, otherwise I am energetic and psychologically stable (the first pain while sitting on the left side of the rectum and the other in the upper left back, they're both soft tissue pains, nothing related to the bone structures).

I also never had any blackening of the mind when vision disappears like you described, nothing of that kind.

I think in your situation it would be best to find something that inspires you and just do it - it should give you the everyday energy. But let's pls not change the topic of this thread.

My situation is different, I have apparently blocked my meridian through physical injury (both from pressing the point and the strong coughing), and I need an experienced doctor in TCM or any Qigong master here that can suggest me ways/exercises to open up this channel again so that the chi can flow freely and the pain to disappear.

Otherwise, please don't get me wrong, in spite of my condition, I am not in any kind of depression and I am able to control myself emotionally. I don't accept this condition and the chronic pain, and I am determined to find a way to get back to my normal life before - so pls, anyone that can offer any useful exercise (both passive and active qigong), I'll greatly appreciate it!

35 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Sure. The issue is really more about you both mentally and energetically holding things in. Your semen retention was a physical manifestation of the same underlying issue. Things like charity work or helping others will make a difference. Simply playing with young children or long walks in nature will help. Talking to friends or or a psychologist about your fears and issues will help.

Sort of like you want to be more balanced and “outbound” instead of emotional and inwardly focused. Also, will send you a pm with some other suggestions.

Jeff, I really appreciate your suggestions but I believe this won't solve my problem. I am psychologically a perfectly stable person, and I think this was not the approach I was looking for.

For the most part, I can say that I am always trying to help others when I can, walking in nature too, whenever I can. Psychologist won't help me because I am in full control of myself, after all this trouble, I am still able to find happiness - my problem is not mental, it's not because of some wrong thoughts I've hold in my mind.

I am talking about a real issue here, a physical injury and blockage of the bladder meridian. Chronic pain, caused from strong cough and pressing the million-dollar-point, later reinforced pain on the same spot plus on the left upper back, also from the strong cough - and all on the same meridian. I need advice on how to unblock that channel so that the chi can flow freely again. I am sure there are special exercises for each part of the body, and this is what I'm looking for.

No more psychologists please, I've had enough of the incompetent western doctors who can't even give me a diagnose (I don't mean disrespect there, just regarding this specific problem, no traditional western doctor could help me so far).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fool said:

Jeff, I really appreciate your suggestions but I believe this won't solve my problem. I am psychologically a perfectly stable person, and I think this was not the approach I was looking for.

For the most part, I can say that I am always trying to help others when I can, walking in nature too, whenever I can. Psychologist won't help me because I am in full control of myself, after all this trouble, I am still able to find happiness - my problem is not mental, it's not because of some wrong thoughts I've hold in my mind.

I am talking about a real issue here, a physical injury and blockage of the bladder meridian. Chronic pain, caused from strong cough and pressing the million-dollar-point, later reinforced pain on the same spot plus on the left upper back, also from the strong cough - and all on the same meridian. I need advice on how to unblock that channel so that the chi can flow freely again. I am sure there are special exercises for each part of the body, and this is what I'm looking for.

No more psychologists please, I've had enough of the incompetent western doctors who can't even give me a diagnose (I don't mean disrespect there, just regarding this specific problem, no traditional western doctor could help me so far).

I apologize if I am off the mark, I have just found that usually the energy body syncs up with the physical. 

2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I apologize if I am off the mark, I have just found that usually the energy body syncs up with the physical. 

No need to apologize, and thank you for the suggestions, and I agree that the energy body syncs up with the physical, but I'm already doing all of the above things you mentioned.

I think I need more than that to overcome my situation. The Chinese have developed and practiced all these Qigong exercises for thousands of years - they simply work, I just need the right ones.

Feeling good, helping others whenever I can, sharing and giving love is something I always have and always will do. That alone so far hasn't, and I doubt that it ever will solve my problem.

I need physical exercises combined with breathing exercises and meditations. Perhaps an experienced acupuncturist that can open up that channel - this is what I was looking for, does anyone know of any members on this forum that can help with this? Also, if anyone has had or heard any similar stories with this million-dollar point, it would be helpful to me. Did you heal it? How did you do it? This is the information I'm looking for.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Also, perhaps my wordings in the initial post were slightly suggesting that because of the pain I am in depression and cannot find love. This is not the case, and sorry if I somehow misled you. I just have this pain for 2 years and I'm looking for ways how to solve it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fool said:

Also, perhaps my wordings in the initial post were slightly suggesting that because of the pain I am in depression and cannot find love. This is not the case, and sorry if I somehow misled you. I just have this pain for 2 years and I'm looking for ways how to solve it.

No, your intitial Post was pretty clear. Again, just saying that it is all integrated stuff. 

One exercise you could try is from Shaloin Nei Jing Yi. 

http://developyourenergy.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Standing_Zen_Qigong.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqjl_mAerY4

The Standing posture pretty quickly opens blockages. It is quite exhausting at the beginning and you will most probably only be able to stand some minutes and sweat a lot but it's worth the effort. After some weeks or months you will be able to hold the position for like an hour.. And it's highly important, even though you have pain, to stand as relaxed as possible. 

But it's always good to have a teacher that is able to help with clearing obstructions, the posture I mentioned above creates a lot of energy and it could be quite painful when it clears your blockages  

edit: Against the advice in the PDF I would not recommend to watch TV or hear radio, I think it's better to make sure that your muscles are as relaxed as possible, especially at the beginning.

Edited by phil
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, phil said:

One exercise you could try is from Shaloin Nei Jing Yi. 

http://developyourenergy.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Standing_Zen_Qigong.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqjl_mAerY4

The Standing posture pretty quickly opens blockages. It is quite exhausting at the beginning and you will most probably only be able to stand some minutes and sweat a lot but it's worth the effort. After some weeks or months you will be able to hold the position for like an hour.. And it's highly important, even though you have pain, to stand as relaxed as possible. 

But it's always good to have a teacher that is able to help with clearing obstructions, the posture I mentioned above creates a lot of energy and it could be quite painful when it clears your blockages  

edit: Against the advice in the PDF I would not recommend to watch TV or hear radio, I think it's better to make sure that your muscles are as relaxed as possible, especially at the beginning.

Thanks a lot Phil - that's exactly what I'm looking for. Do you know any "specific exercise / posture" specifically designed for the "bladder meridians" (2 meridians next to the spine, both from the left and right side)?

I started with this standing meditation a while ago (not exactly this shaolin one but similar), so far I'm getting improvements in the overall body's energy levels but not specifically to the painful areas, that is, they still hurt. Of course, it needs time, perhaps 3-6 months to notice some significant changes.

Overall my body's energy levels are good (I'm training wing chun kung fu at home when I have the time), but I still have these painful areas (though the pelvic one is perhaps 80% better since it first started), the back, which is the upper-mid left side, it's slightly deep, not on the periphery - will perhaps some strength exercises help? This happened from a strong cough, perhaps some muscle got weakened, or and adhesion has formed, the reason behind it - bladder nerve blockage (or over stimulation, I really don't know)

I really appreciate your sharing! Thank you again!

2 hours ago, allinone said:

Why you refer using that point as a terrible idea?

allinone, I don't refer to that area as terrible - in fact, it's one of the most important points in our body, it's the acupuncture point which connects all vessels/meridians together.

It's the practice of pressing it what is terrible (at least it was for me). Even if one is experienced, there is still a serious danger if you don't press right...so be careful, I'm sharing my story and what happened to me, 2 years in pain, because of nothing, because of stupidity...

So learn from my mistake.

17 minutes ago, Fool said:

Thanks a lot Phil - that's exactly what I'm looking for. Do you know any "specific exercise / posture" specifically designed for the "bladder meridians" (2 meridians next to the spine, both from the left and right side)?

I started with this standing meditation a while ago (not exactly this shaolin one but similar), so far I'm getting improvements in the overall body's energy levels but not specifically to the painful areas, that is, they still hurt. Of course, it needs time, perhaps 3-6 months to notice some significant changes.

Overall my body's energy levels are good (I'm training wing chun kung fu at home when I have the time), but I still have these painful areas (though the pelvic one is perhaps 80% better since it first started), the back, which is the upper-mid left side, it's slightly deep, not on the periphery - will perhaps some strength exercises help? This happened from a strong cough, perhaps some muscle got weakened, or and adhesion has formed, the reason behind it - bladder nerve blockage (or over stimulation, I really don't know)

I really appreciate your sharing! Thank you again!

The Finger-Bending exercises stimulate the organs and open those associated meridians so I don't think there is a need for a special bladder-meridian posture.

By the way, I just read the Finger Bending-Description in the PDF and I found it not that comprehensible..

I learnt it this way:  Bend Thumbs 1x, Bend Middle Finger 3x, Bend Pinky 5x, Bend Index Finger 7x and then Bend Ring Finger 9x. This is done after like 20minutes of just standing still, when you feel the chi in your hands. After some time you will sense where the energy flows when you bend a certain finger. Afaik Ring-Finger bending should work on bladder-meridian, but you will find out ;-) But don't  change the bending-counts if you want to work with the method I learnt ;-) 

Edited by phil
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Fool said:

for most of the time, I will be in Moscow (I'm not originally from Russia though).

3 hours ago, Fool said:

I need an experienced doctor in TCM or any Qigong master

If it is possible for you to visit Saint Petersburg, then I would suggest to you to get in contact with the Daode center of the Wu Liu Pai school in Saint Petersburg, explain your problem to them and ask them if they can help you through chi healing treatment or if they can teach you the necessary qigong exercises to be able to heal yourself.

I have read amazing healing success stories on thedaobums concerning the exercises they teach.

http://www.all-dao.com/

http://daode.ru/

http://forum.daode.ru/

Edited by Wells
  • Like 3

In case you are interested: Thedaobums member opendao is member in their school, but seemingly doesn't visit thedaobums much lately.

So you probably better contact the school directly to get a fast reply.

Here is a thread with a healing testimonial by a taobums member, who also describes that channels of his were unblocked:

There are more spectacular healing testimonials of chronic ailments through Wu Liu Pai exercises on thedaobums, but I didn't find them instantly.

Edited by Wells
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, phil said:

The Finger-Bending exercises stimulate the organs and open those associated meridians so I don't think there is a need for a special bladder-meridian posture.

By the way, I just read the Finger Bending-Description in the PDF and I found it not that comprehensible..

I learnt it this way:  Bend Thumbs 1x, Bend Middle Finger 3x, Bend Pinky 5x, Bend Index Finger 7x and then Bend Ring Finger 9x. This is done after like 20minutes of just standing still, when you feel the chi in your hands. After some time you will sense where the energy flows when you bend a certain finger. Afaik Ring-Finger bending should work on bladder-meridian, but you will find out ;-) But don't  change the bending-counts if you want to work with the method I learnt ;-) 

Thank you very much! I am going to do this every day, perhaps not for an hour but I'll come to that point in a month or so.

15 minutes ago, Wells said:

If it is possible to you to visit Saint Petersburg, then I would suggest to you to get in contact with the Daode center of the Wu Liu Pai school in Saint Petersburg, explain your problem to them and ask them if they can help you through treatment or if they can teach you the necessary exercises to be able to heal yourself.

I have read some amazing healing success stories concerning the exercises they teach.

http://www.all-dao.com/

http://daode.ru/

http://forum.daode.ru/

Wells, thanks a lot for sharing, I think this school exists in Moscow as well - I'm definitely going to go there, even if it has to be Saint-Petersburg! And thank you for all the other resources and the testimonial!

I'm really thankful to you all, honestly and sincerely, not just flattering with words..

When a person is in pain and trouble, he or she starts to appreciate more people, things, life itself..

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jeff said:

Hi Jeff,

True.

- LimA