Sign in to follow this  
Stosh

PPD by date

31 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Is it possible to have the the PPD section show-sort  in order of last entry rather alphabetical ? 

I am not sure about that. When we set them up the newest goes to the bottom of the list, but for esthetics and technical ease behind the curtain we manually alphabetize them.

The PPDs listed in bold font with the circle next to them are the ones that have new, unread posts. Does that help?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kar3n said:

I am not sure about that. When we set them up the newest goes to the bottom of the list, but for esthetics and technical ease behind the curtain we manually alphabetize them.

The PPDs listed in bold font with the circle next to them are the ones that have new, unread posts. Does that help?

Im thinking , One still ends up having to do a lot of scanning relative to having them all self sorting like the other sections do.

For me , I'm not really interested in bringing up threads which even the OP has forgotten about years ago, and I figure it might often be annoying for me to do that. 

It seems that it would be an improvement ,exposure-wise to be 'turning over' the 'headlining PPD' exposing threads to passers by, (like having candy bars at the checkout , so that even if one wasn't really thinking about candy, they might be temped to take a peek, because there's interesting stuff in there, . ( and a secret reason) )

4 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Im thinking , One still ends up having to do a lot of scanning relative to having them all self sorting like the other sections do.

For me , I'm not really interested in bringing up threads which even the OP has forgotten about years ago, and I figure it might often be annoying for me to do that. 

It seems that it would be an improvement ,exposure-wise to be 'turning over' the 'headlining PPD' exposing threads to passers by, (like having candy bars at the checkout , so that even if one wasn't really thinking about candy, they might be temped to take a peek, because there's interesting stuff in there, . ( and a secret reason) )

Each PPD is a sub-forum of the Personal Practice Discussion forum and I am not seeing any way to organize the sub-forums in the way you describe that would be automated by the system.

Unread content shows the latest posts across the boards, so there is a way to the latest/newest, not just in PPDs, but in every forum. Sorry I can not be of more help.

• Like 1

If memory serves me... I think the older version handled this better... although also alphabetic, if you marked the site as "read", then they would only start to show up as they had unread content.   Now, they all show all the time.  I found it a bit annoying myself that they changed this.

I'll have to poke around the back-end to see if there is some setting.   It is not a 'group' setting so have to look at those sub-forums.

I don't find any controls over the PPD level to sort.  Only once in a sub-forum there are some sort options. 

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this