Sign in to follow this  
TheWhiteRabbit

Jesus saves

In another clip , which was about a course on Kant. The prof describes logical argument as battle, a freudian attempt to kill an enemy. 

As long as argument is used like that, it will be an aggressive behavior. Society does appear to be becoming dumbed down in this arena, as intellectual discussion becomes democratized. 

The madness of our times for sure. 

Turn the like button into an acknowledged button, and disable video clips. Imo.

Edited by Stosh

Actually I'd like to see to see a little more 'politeness' in the political system.  In my view the move towards hyper-partisanship keeps the pragmatism down.  There were long periods where both sides were much more willing to work with the other side to get things done.  These days many moderates are gone and people play for the camera and the 'red meat' of there constituencies. 

I think there's a wide difference between Republicans platform and Democrats**.  Yet, intelligent politics has to be pragmatic and benefit the majority of people.  This creates compromise, which is good, imo.  Zealots and 'true believers' on both sides are destructive. 

**imo Trump leans Republican and a bit Libertarian but is mostly pro-Trump and makes decisions based less on ideology (or study) and more on instinct, populism of his current audience and who he talked to last. 

• Like 4

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.  I'm all for peaceful resolution.  Or did I mean REVOLUTION?!?!?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

kidding.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stosh said:

In another clip , which was about a course on Kant. The prof describes logical argument as battle, a freudian attempt to kill an enemy. 

As long as argument is used like that, it will be an aggressive behavior. Society does appear to be becoming dumbed down in this arena, as intellectual discussion becomes democratized. 

The madness of our times for sure. 

Turn the like button into an acknowledged button, and disable video clips. Imo.

Out of curiosity, I noted you said "as long as an argument is used like that, it will be an aggressive behavior."

No, it is not.  This is another lie.  If you believe passionately in something, you do give your opinion very passionately.  Just because someone strenuously disagrees with something does not make it aggressive.  But, this lie is taught on many major campuses.

So, if strenuously disagreeing something passionately is aggression, I want no part in that idea that it could be conceived of as aggression.  Because this kind of thing happens all the time in life.  In fact as Alan Watts put it "if you destroy your enemy you are really in a sticky situation"  and "it is because enemies make us stronger because we adapt, thus it is important to love our enemies."  So even if a term, perspective is in fact a real aggression, it is actually doing you a favor.

That whole paradigm or school of thought is deeply flawed and there is no way to resolve it through the same means we used when we created the problem.  I am not saying lets grab pitchforks and torches and go after the trouble makers.  No, destroying people is never the solution.  But realizing that these lies run deep and that we have created a new generation of people so dependent upon a system that forces people to turn things inward is part of what has even caused much mental illness as well.  Because we do not live in a bubble or vaccuum.  You will run into people who will challenge everything about you.  It doesnt matter if it is on a street or in a forum.  You don't get people stroking your ego when you are middleaged and telling you everything is okay.  If you are one of these, like I once was... There is no one around to help you fix a broken world that you realize you damaged because you thought all of that was "OK".  That is what happened to me, yeah it took a while to get back on track and set things up for success but this whole line of thinking or microagressions and aggressions we learned in college is garbage.  It does nothing to help people in the real world and does more harm than good.  I have lived it.

• Like 1

I didnt equate discourse with arguing, I said if it used like that then the point is valid, which means that it may not be used like that. 

There are certain rhetorical tricks , which when used ,  indicate to me, that there is the goal of trumping a point on rhetorical grounds, not necessarily, the goal of coming to the truest representation of reality. 

So we may agree fairly closely on the subject of the potential value of discourse which is done correctly, often though its not. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stosh said:

I didnt equate discourse with arguing, I said if it used like that then the point is valid, which means that it may not be used like that. 

There are certain rhetorical tricks , which when used ,  indicate to me, that there is the goal of trumping a point on rhetorical grounds, not necessarily, the goal of coming to the truest representation of reality. 

So we may agree fairly closely on the subject of the potential value of discourse which is done correctly, often though its not. 

You're grasping.  That is why I can not agree.  To clearly communicate shows an open mind and open heart. That is why when I speak I do so without any fear of reproach.  Try letting go of what is holding you down and just speak freely.

Grasping happens when we are too attached to points that we feel stuck and struggle to defend them.  Just try letting go and speaking freely.  It works.

2 minutes ago, TheWhiteRabbit said:

You're grasping.  That is why I can not agree.  To clearly communicate shows an open mind and open heart. That is why when I speak I do so without any fear of reproach.  Try letting go of what is holding you down and just speak freely.

Grasping happens when we are too attached to points that we feel stuck and struggle to defend them.  Just try letting go and speaking freely.  It works.

Can you be more particular , what you feel I am grasping at or about? 

If I were to just speak freely, the superego censorship in my head would be gone , that is also part of me and , I cannot respond genuinely by suppressing it. It cares how my words are to be read ,, what the impacts will be. 

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheWhiteRabbit said:

Just try letting go and speaking freely.  It works.

It may also get you reported.

We do have some PC folks here.

11 hours ago, Marblehead said:

It may also get you reported.

We do have some PC folks here.

I wont fight directly against political correctness.  I will tell people the dangers of political correctness.  In that sense they are safe.  I will have no part in genocide-of-thought because that is what political correctness does.  In that sense political correctness is safe.  Too safe.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2017 at 7:26 AM, Stosh said:

Can you be more particular , what you feel I am grasping at or about? 

If I were to just speak freely, the superego censorship in my head would be gone , that is also part of me and , I cannot respond genuinely by suppressing it. It cares how my words are to be read ,, what the impacts will be. 

Jesus saves.

Constructs don't exist

Acts 2:38

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

White Rabbit,

I think I did test out as INTJ but lost track of what it means, I would be the same either way, right?  In Campbells book I saw an image of Kali I liked. It was my impression that such are symbols of complicated ideas. Even if they seem fearsome, one who comes to terms with the concepts favorably , may find they no longer feel the same about the symbol. 

Edited by Stosh

21 hours ago, Stosh said:

White Rabbit,

I think I did test out as INTJ but lost track of what it means, I would be the same either way, right?  In Campbells book I saw an image of Kali I liked. It was my impression that such are symbols of complicated ideas. Even if they seem fearsome, one who comes to terms with the concepts favorably , may find they no longer feel the same about the symbol. 

INTJs are usually the scientists, sometimes they mastermind evil plots.  They are the focused and decisive thinkers in the world..  Which is good if INT ends in P or S they endlessly work on problems and drag their feet.  As an ENTJ I found throwing people like the aforementioned directly into situation or conflict scared them into achieving results they were later happy with... Turning them more INTJ...

That is a good question.  Rather than an easy answer try Alan Watts on "why we need enemies" and if you Have access to Milton Erickson's books/volumes I would say "frames of reference" may have meaning when we talk about desensitization to vivid imagery.

18 hours ago, Spotless said:

The guy in the video is scrambled eggs.

Always someone throwing the baby out with the bath water, but not everyone likes everything you know.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheWhiteRabbit said:

INTJs are usually the scientists, sometimes they mastermind evil plots.  They are the focused and decisive thinkers in the world..  Which is good if INT ends in P or S they endlessly work on problems and drag their feet.  As an ENTJ I found throwing people like the aforementioned directly into situation or conflict scared them into achieving results they were later happy with... Turning them more INTJ...

That is a good question.  Rather than an easy answer try Alan Watts on "why we need enemies" and if you Have access to Milton Erickson's books/volumes I would say "frames of reference" may have meaning when we talk about desensitization to vivid imagery.

Always someone throwing the baby out with the bath water, but not everyone likes everything you know.

Desensitization has its value, but what I was talking about , with Kali, was that understanding the image changes the way we react to it. , kind of like getting to know a scary looking person , and they turn out to be really cool. Then the looks ,no longer indicate what you took them for originally. 

I think, that in the Tibetan book of the dead , there are these scary beings , and one needs to know what to do with them , in order to move along , so they are potentially object lessons. 

I suppose Any of the letter-group -label people can end up behaving on either side of society. 

Edited by Stosh

The personality types seem a similar tool, for inspection, like the images of these gods and goddesses. ... alas, its difficult to depict nothingness. 

Sign in to follow this