Owledge

Understand matter and you understand gravity

A bit of a train-of-thought essay

Also on my blog: https://dowlphinblog.wordpress.com/2017/09/15/understand-matter-and-you-understand-gravity/

There can be a confusion regarding the fact that love unites and fear divides, because love does not unite through condensing, but through empowering the connections that exist regardless of distance. As such, love is expansive and fear condenses. Considering the experience of vast bliss when connecting to the divine, it becomes clear that the material realm, or the realm of the manifest, which is so often bowed to by pragmatists/opportunists whereas idealists focus on the unmanifest as that which could be, is a phenomenon of fear. It is the realm in which we experience our self-manufactured separateness from the divine, the realm of the analytical mind that identifies differences as opposed to the synthetic mind which identifies commonalities.
And once you understand this as the driving force that manifests matter, you can understand the manifestation “matter” as a mere result, a symptom, of fear, and then you can see gravity as part of the same process; one could say inseparably inherent to the nature of matter. Look at what matter does: It gravitates (i.e. attracts) to its closest likeness. There might be other matter out there, but with increasing distance, attraction quickly fades, just like a person of little faith quickly loses devotion to things not in immediate grasp and is afraid of things from farther away which might have assumed somewhat different characteristics due to being in a different energy field. For a moment do the mental experiment and see gravity as matter’s nationalism or xenophobia. And thus, collectives form, held together by mere vicinity and familiarity, just like your typical loose fear-based alliance (sometimes labeled as a form of friendship). And like in such a nation, you find yourself tied to it by its overwhelming forces, struggling to deviate or distance. You might want to just fly away, but its energy field that you have been subjected to is pulling you back to it. And the only way this collective of fear allows you to ‘fly away’ is by sticking to its rules and thus further affirming them: Through things like explosive force or exploiting the pressure of heat, basically elemental violence (or just yang), you are allowed to circumvent the dictate, a little bit, for a limited time. Every effort to distance yourself from the pull reaffirms its existence.

Edited by Owledge

26 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Even your pony keeps falling back down.

We don't get to levitate.  Sorry.

I think Pinkie Pie is in a way spiritually awakened and a more powerful wielder of magic than Twilight Sparkle because she is not controlling it, and is possibly not even fully aware of her condition - or if she is, she's enjoying her role too much to show it. She is enjoying worldly pleasures and trivialities, but she has no concept of what is impossible and thus her mind is not closed to the most out-there things like alternate dimensions to the point of even intuitively receiving knowledge from them. It also enables her to pull things out of nothing; because to her mind when it's useful it's possible. There's good reason why Pinkie Pie is often compared to Deadpool. Breaking the fourth wall is like second nature to her, and her friends had to learn to fade it out so as to not get a big headache, haha.

There was that one scene where she was doing springboard dives into a pond and others were complaining they're getting wet, so she started slowing down right before entering the water. They wondered/asked how she even does that and Pinkie responded not with a how, but with a why - just being considerate.

Hyperactive party pony is a very deep character, but that flies over almost every fan's head. (For some even in denial of the most obvious.)

So to come back to your observation: I think she's only falling back down because not doing that wouldn't be fun. She is profoundly accepting duality even when she's acting like she isn't. She's like a white-bearded Daoist master who enjoys riding a loud Harley.

To me she is an iconic representation of divine intelligence. (While Fluttershy is an angel who makes your heart melt like butter with a smile, heh.)

Edited by Owledge
  • Like 1

Image result for Jackie Chan wtf !

Ohhh man , I though this was going to be about physics or something .

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

Ohhh man , I though this was going to be about physics or something .

That depends on whether you have a holistic (Eastern) view of science or not (Western). Physics means "knowledge of nature" and is the science of the universe, understanding how it behaves.

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 9:30 AM, Owledge said:

That depends on whether you have a holistic (Eastern) view of science or not (Western). Physics means "knowledge of nature" and is the science of the universe, understanding how it behaves.

That  is  how I understand it !    In BOTH  east and west  science ( and other similar studies in the east )  are based on observations of nature ... that's what science is !     Yes it is    " the science of the universe, understanding how it behaves."

But whatever that has to do with what you wrote ... about some human head trip cartoon kiddy ponies  ... and your own interna head trips   is NOT based on nature and therefore is not physics .

Are you gonna try and tell me this is physics  ! :  " There was that one scene where she was doing springboard dives into a pond and others were complaining they're getting wet, so she started slowing down right before entering the water. They wondered/asked how she even does that and Pinkie responded not with a how, but with a why - just being considerate. "

That , my friend is not  an observation of how things work in nature at all , it is an observation of how things work in a child's cartoon ! 

Image result for shaking head in a dissapointment

And its about time you grew up and realised the difference .

• Like 1

No, I have ;learned a LOT about physics and gravity , thanks to some of the well educated in those fields here . Also I have learned that when some are  confronted with a few simple facts and obvious observations ... and just a tad of logic . their first reaction is to   NOT address any of the valid points bought up, rapidly change the subject and then top it off with comments about how little I know .   And  then they refuse to  engage in reasonable debate.

;) 

Now, one simple question  ..... is what you posted above an observation from nature ..... or an observation from a kiddies cartoon?

Spoiler

Know thyself .

Why some adults like to watch cartoons

Now what if you got the chance to travel to a parallel world that has none of these remainders? A parallel world where no one could get harmed and where no problems similar to yours exist forever.

People watch cartoons because the experience sends their minds to this parallel world. In other words the person escapes from reality

(and 'real reality' is reflected in 'nature'  -  which includes physics )

as long as he is watching a cartoon movie and as a result he feels good for a while.

Movies does the same thing to the mind, They allow it to escape to a parallel world that helps it forget its problems but because movies seem more realistic than cartoons then can actually end up making a person feel worse. (see also Why do some people like horror movies)

Add to this the amount of stress certain movies put you in and you will get why some people prefer cartoons. In other words, cartoons provide people with a safer parallel world to travel

( that is; not the natural world )

to with a much less amount of stress.

In addition to this cartoons can help people who feel nostalgic feel better since it usually reminds them of their good childhood days. People usually don't like the cartoons they used to watch during bad times in their childhood and they only like the ones they used to watch at good times. In other words cartoons don't just let people escape to a parallel world but it helps them to escape to the sweet past as well.

https://www.2knowmyself.com/why_some_adults_like_to_watch_cartoons

• Like 1

While people unphilosophically proselytizing about Western-scientific doctrine with lots of projection and ad hominems is all part of the Dao, it is arguably not a good motivation for frequenting a Daoist forum.

The reaction is understandable of course and I take responsibility for that, for with my writings I insulted your egoic (analytical, fear-driven) mind, your idea of yourself and what things your ego values.

Here is something you probably are not open to either, but it would be beneficial:

16 hours ago, Owledge said:

While people unphilosophically proselytizing about Western-scientific doctrine with lots of projection and ad hominems is all part of the Dao, it is arguably not a good motivation for frequenting a Daoist forum.

Another diversion and a complete avoiding of the issue I bought up.    Typical.

How am I  being unphilosophically proselytizing?   I am advocating observations of nature and the real world instead of from cartoons .  If you had read some of my posts, I often speculate about matter and gravity in light of hermetic theory.  Hoiw is that unphilosophical. And I might add that some of my more way out theories and ideas have received likes and also further conversation with some here knowledgeable in the area ... like Brian for one.

So who is supplying the 'ad hominems here .... hmmmmm ?

Also I have read others and made posts myself comparing some central ideas of hermetics and Daoism . In this area I frequently cite Ch 42 TTC .  You seem mistaken in your assumptions about why I am here .

Its as if, just because I criticise someone for trying to prove a point about  gravity and matter by using 'cartoon examples' instead of 'real life and nature' and observing the Universe ,  my whole purpose in being here is now  seen as something you mistakenly think it is .  This is obviously a defensive reaction..

The reaction is understandable of course and I take responsibility for that, for with my writings I insulted your egoic (analytical, fear-driven) mind, your idea of yourself and what things your ego values.

No, you are just a guy that likes cartoons as they present a safer nicer magical escape from reality for you .  It has no effect on me.  yes my mind is analytical  but  how on earth did you read 'fear' into that  ?   And then you go onto 'ideas about myself'

Pointing out  that cartoon 'reality' is not real, nor does it provide good examples for explaining mysteries (like gravity), and supplying a link to explain the rather obvious psychological dynamic going on here  has nothing to do with fear nor ideas about myself .

More defensive  ad hominems

Here is something you probably are not open to either, but it would be beneficial:

I notice that sometimes here, with some people, if I make one criticism, about something so obvious as this  (   in this case , the silliness of trying to apply cartoon 'nature' to mysticism ) all of a sudden I must be some type of anti mystic or anti daoist .

Regardless of the fact I DO, as you say have 8000 posts. many of a magical mystical nature   (and a few that outline my background of the many fields I have had experience in including mysticism, comparative religion, hermetics, western ritual magic, paganism, shamanism . .... etc

But oh no ... make one little criticism about something obviously silly and all of a sudden I am some type  materialistic scientist   that knows nothing of the mystical   :rolleyes:.

9 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Yep.  My reality is based in my perspective, not anyone else's.

Like when you   walked of a cliff, and had not realised, so you didn't fall ... you just kept walking out onto the air ... until you realised... then you fell  - proving that gravity is tied in with belief, and  therefore if you really believe you can fly ... you can !

Oh wait .... was that you that did that ... or Wiie  E. Coyote ?

Image result for Whyle E. Coyote running on air

• Like 1