LousyLaoTzu

My introduction to the Eastern philosophies

Ni hao, Dao Bum, my story is a simple one but one I have never attempted to form into words.

I was always into the martial arts, this proved a soft entrance to the Eastern spiritual traditions and forms of internal cultivation.
Through meditation, qigong, tai chi and study within Mandarin, I found myself constantly staring into the eyes of Confucianism, Taoism, and Buddhism.

I picked up a book from Barnes & Nobles that was a five book volume of the Chinese classics, which had a book from each school of thought.
Lao Tzu's "Tao Te Ching" (Dao De Jing), was the one that rang so clearly to me despite it's mysterious and often purposely confusing style of writing. It's a format that allowed me to find what I needed throughout various points in my life, the Tao Te Ching was a book of sage advice.

However my thirst for more Taoist knowledge had only just begun. I began to read more and more, with each book, a new outlook on life and how to find my inner nature and become like the "uncarved block" (p'u).  I delved deep into my studies; finding myself during the Spring and Autumn period history and writing's about Taoist philosophy and as far as modern Taoist sorcery, alchemy, divination, immortality, etc.

They each provided an inkling into the mind of the Taoist throughout the many years. With peaceful hermit's like Lao Tzu, to radical extremist like the Yellow Turban Rebellion founder Jiang Jiao, Emperor's fearful of death that set out mass maritime expedition's in search of both an Island of Blest (where the "enlightened man or chen jen resided") and a mushroom of immorality.

I've read the stories of the 8- Immortals and how they acted as saint like figures within Chinese History, I've read adaptations of the Taoist thought into modern life and living. Learned how the "Three Teachings" intermingled and their ideologies borrowed from one another.

I am here strictly to exchange information and learn information about Taoism and the Three Teachings.

Xie xie, zaijian,

Lousy Lao Tzu

• Like 3

Hello LousyLaoTzu, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi LLT,

Sounds like you have done your research.  It shouldn't be too hard for you to get involved.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WayofChi said:

Taoism books are good, Taoist practices are great. Welcome to TDB. 

Xie xie,  Dao de Qi!  

I consider myself a form of Taoist scholar,  with an appreciation of its take on physical hygiene,  internal alchemy and philosophy.  

- Lousy Lao Tzu

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WayofChi said:

Taoism books are good, Taoist practices are great.

Hi WayofChi,

Books are good, practices great.

Experiential learining and knowledge sharing are tops?

41 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

I will be with you when you talk about philosophy.

Dada-da - look forward to that.

So please start talking philosophically Lousy Lao Tzu.

- LimA

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

better late than never, eh?

Hi Lost in Translation,

The early bird catches the worm, ya?

- LimA

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

The second mouse gets the cheese.

Hi Lost in Translation,

Now I know who stole my cheese. Damn it!

- LimA

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

Yes ...

Hi Lost in Translation,

But do you know Wu Wei bears fruits? If not, do you like to know more?

- LimA

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

Please tell me more. :)

Hi Lost in Translation,

But of course.

The fruits of Wu Wei are called Wu Wei-ji  aka - Fructus Schisandrae / 五味子 / Chinese Magnoliavine Fruit.

It is used as a Chinese herb for cough, sweating, spermatorrhea, vaginal discharge, diabetes and palpitations (www.americandragon.com/Individualherbsupdate/WuWeiZi.html).

Wu Wei (無爲)

Ancient Wisdom of the Tao Te Ching – Lao Tzu Quotes

Wu Wei-ji (五味子)

5 smaken bes - Wu Wei Zi-

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement of sentence.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, LousyLaoTzu said:

I am god.

Hi LousyLao Tzu,

1 hour ago, I was eating my cookies. I did not say anything.

It is now very clear - YOU are god.

- LimA

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi LousyLao Tzu,

1 hour ago, I was eating my cookies. I did not say anything.

It is now very clear - YOU are god.

- LimA

Hahahahahaah,  we're all gods within the macroism of the universe.  The same being said that we're all specks of dust in the grand scale of the cosmos. 

1 hour ago, LousyLaoTzu said:

We're all specks of dust in the grand scale of the cosmos. 

Hi LousyLao Tzu,

I'm now sweepiing the floor to clear the cookie crumbs to pre-empt your dust.

Let me be very clear with you that I am neither specky nor dusty - it is a must.

1 hour ago, LousyLaoTzu said:

We're all gods within the macroism of the universe.

By thinking of 'macroism' - you are not within the macrocosm of the universe.

You are more 'micro' and 'macro' -  with your universal viewpoints in reverse.

Good night - my dear dusty god.

Praise to my one and only Lord

- LimA

23 hours ago, LousyLaoTzu said:

Your wit simply has to be appreciated.

Hi LousyLao Tzu,

At this very moment I am a witless nit-wit.

Need to sleep.

ZZZzzzz ....

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement of sentence.