Sign in to follow this  
Taomeow

Mexico city -- earthquake -- Liminal Luke, check in please?

Hope you are OK! 

What are those lights in the sky?..

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 3

Hi Taomeow, Kar3n,

I`m in Ensenada, just south of Tijuana and San Diego.  Just found out about the quake myself from my mom.  Didn`t feel a thing.  Thanks for checking in with me!  :wub:

LL

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

Hope you are OK! 

What are those lights in the sky?..

Hard to tell about those lights.  Some look like thunderstorm cloud-to-earth lightning but others might have been what many call earthquake lightning.

Seems that often shortly before, during, and shortly after an earthquake there is a lot of energy that gets discharged into the atmosphere.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marblehead said:

Hard to tell about those lights.  Some look like thunderstorm cloud-to-earth lightning but others might have been what many call earthquake lightning.

Seems that often shortly before, during, and shortly after an earthquake there is a lot of energy that gets discharged into the atmosphere.

What kind of energy gets discharged into the atmosphere? 

Also...  years and years ago, there were earthquakes too.  Always have been.  Has anyone ever heard of "earthquake lights" during any earthquake taking place before the past couple decades? 

• Like 2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthquake_light

once(years ago) there were mysterious lights over peru and many were saying it was ufo related. 

me and my dad were watching the news about it, and my dad said "don't be surprised if an earthquake hits there soon"

sure enough a major earthquake hit in a few days.

cool that bums check on bums when we hear of disasters hitting. maybe 3 years ago there was a gal from the philippines that was posting regularly , about escrima and some esoteric martial "passwords" there was a major typhoon hit the city she lived in and she hasnt posted here since  (that i am aware of)

also, since we have heard from luke, 

ok it's time for someone to 'fess up,

all of these floods, hurricanes, fires, tigers roaming interstates etc

whoever is playing Jumanji, cut it out

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 5

@ zerostao: Kalapana earthquake in 1975?  But where's a record of the lights? 

@ all the official explanations offered: thank you kindly, but I'm trying to find a record of these explanations applying to lights observed before the current explanations were offered after the fact of the current  (last two to three decades) earthquake lights observations.  Ideally something pre-1960s.  Better yet, something from the 19th century, early 20th.  Or earlier.      

And, pretty please, tell me what's there in your own, however few, words if you're going to just post a link.  I can do searches myself.  What I'm looking for, I didn't find though.  Hence the request for specifically the info I am looking for. 

The earthquake I referenced was in the 90s and possibly could have been in Mexico? I liked how the thread prompted me to have a cool memory of dad. There was a well-trusted reporter covering the lights, and he was saying ufo. And my thought too until dad mentioned the coming earthquake. He went with the piezoelectric activity due to the tectonic movement theory, and it seems he may have been correct. And yes/maybe with the one in Kalapana although I was thinking Peru in the 70's. I can't help you with earlier than that. In the 70's it was easy to think ufo, I mean they were everywhere. The lights from your video in Mexico City look very different than the ones I remember. The link I posted mentions the piezoelectric idea, and it may not be the prevailing idea, but it is building up a track record. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, zerostao said:

I liked how the thread prompted me to have a cool memory of dad. There was a well-trusted reporter covering the lights, and he was saying ufo. And my thought too until dad mentioned the coming earthquake. He went with the piezoelectric activity due to the tectonic movement theory, and it seems he may have been correct.

:)

And you reminded me of how my dad (Ph.D. physicist) once said that he saw a UFO, but refused to comment.  He didn't have any "thisworldly" explanation for what he saw, so he took it no further than stating the fact.  He saw it.  No theory. 

Few scientists today are capable of similar intellectual restraint in the face of not enough conclusive proof of whatever they're observing being whatever they are ready to wrap their head around and nothing else.  They jump to conclusions.  Or are pushed to conclusions, more like. 

Piezoelectricity is something I'm best acquainted with from my studies of qi, believe it or not.  There's a connection. Internal arts that aim to make the bones strong and hard inside the soft body rely on it, because piezoelectricity is the specific anabolic facilitator of bone growth, and bone tissue has piezoelectric capabilities due to its multicrystalline structure. 

Bone, yes, many other crystalline materials, yes, but soil?..  How is it a crystalline structure?  I'm not saying it's not, I'm not an expert...  but...  No, seriously?  Light in the sky from electricity in the soil which is somehow crystalline, electricity that somehow bypasses all objects and persons it could strike first before reaching the sky?  Why not manifest where it actually is, instead of where it actually isn't, if the soil is where it's generated?  Very interesting...  Why?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Taomeow said:

And, pretty please, tell me what's there in your own, however few, words if you're going to just post a link.  I can do searches myself.  What I'm looking for, I didn't find though.  Hence the request for specifically the info I am looking for. 

I have not heard/read/seen anything regarding historical data regarding earthquake lightning.  All the data is recent.

Much like the rough wave.  Talk of them in the past was considered BS and just wasn't recorded in a scientific manner.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this