mlamarg

Felt chi?? For First time and had to explore what it is

Hi everyone, 

my background is born and raised Christian. About 4 years back my wife had to undergo therapy for OCD and during it we were introduced to the concept of mindfulness for the first time. So I dove into meditation in all its different forms and have had a fairly regular practice since. As part of some new resolutions I wanted to practice tantric sex and came across the semen retention concept. In learning about it over the past week I can across Taoism for the first time. The only things I read about it were about male sexual energy. Well I decided yesterday to try the testicle breathing and I felt exactly what was discribe of the cool sexual energy moving up! So now because of that experience I've decided I have to find out the truths about chi (which until this point I thought was kind of a load of crap). So if any of you have any suggestions where I should start, I'm all ears! Sorry for the long post!

• Like 2

Hello mlamarg, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi ml,

That wasn't too long a post.  Besides, you needed all that room to be able to say what you had to say.  Yes, you will find many members and threads here for you to gain more understanding of your interests.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

Edited by Marblehead

Please god stay away from Mantak Chia. Some of his exercises can straight fuck up your body. Karezza is a good place to start for looking into Sacred Sexuality. Chi Kung is a practice that can help you to experience subtle energy (chi) but learning to experience it consistently takes time and practice.  

If you want to experience some powerful initial effects of chi, take this exercise and do it one day for as long as you can until your body can't take it anymore and becomes burnt and friend the energy (8 hrs +). Though in the long term practice moderation....only do 70 % of your limit in a single day to ensure a consistent practice without burnout (Chi sickness). Have fun. :D

Edited by WayofChi
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, mlamarg said:

As part of some new resolutions I wanted to practice tantric sex and came across the semen retention concept. In learning about it over the past week I can across Taoism for the first time. The only things I read about it were about male sexual energy. Well I decided yesterday to try the testicle breathing and I felt exactly what was discribe of the cool sexual energy moving up!

Good morning mlamarg

Howdy?

Aren't things moving too fast for you? Are you sure that what you had shared are real? Not the manifestations of ideas transplanted from external sources into your mind?

Be careful of 'garbage in, garbage out'. When we were learning software, our professors reminded us - no 'GIGO'.

Don't be fooled by others, and don't fool yourself.

Please enlighten - what is OCD? Thank you.

-LimA

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Good morning mlamarg

Howdy?

Aren't things moving too fast for you? Are you sure that what you had shared are real? Not the manifestations of ideas transplanted from external sources into your mind?

Be careful of 'garbage in, garbage out'. When we were learning software, our professors reminded us - no 'GIGO'.

Don't be fooled by others, and don't fool yourself.

Please enlighten - what is OCD? Thank you.

-LimA

Hi there!

thanks everyone for the kind welcome.

OCD stands for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It is a mental disorder characterized by intrusive thoughts and ritualistic behaviors to try to nuetrilize them. 

So ive been practicing mindful meditation and other forms of meditation for several years. I am pretty in tune with my thoughts and body. So when i first felt this sensation I did attribute it to psychosomatic causes. However, after reading about the practices more of drawing up sexual energy from the genitals up I ruled that placebo effect out. Essentially I ruled it out because I experienced things I didn't read until after I experienced them. Examples are having a hard time bringing the energy around the sacral area, energy getting stuck in the navel and chest and those symptoms.  I was doing part of the practice wrong and experienced some of these things that I did not know until after the fact. 

What do do you think?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mlamarg said:

I am pretty in tune with my thoughts and body.

Hi mlamarg,

I am not so in tune.

Happy to know that the more I know, the more I realise how little i know.

I like to stay learningful and meaningful.

- LimA

• Like 1