Vovi

Wu Wei Qigong and Falun Gong: origins and differences

Hi everybody,

I am glad to be able to join thedaobums forum where I have learned many things on Qigong and the Dao.

I have read in a Tao Stillness' thread on "Potent Systems" that Wu Wei Qigong and Falun Gong  are nearly the same but can not find out any thread on this Wu Wei Qigong as well as only a brief clip about it on youtube. Can anyone confirm if Wu Wei Qigong is the original one and Falun Gong is a copy of it? Or vice versa? FYI, I had practice Falun Gong for 3 months but stopped as it took quite a lot of time, allthough it helped me get rid of stuffed nose at nights. I guess that Wu Wei may have similar treatment effect but with less time required.

Thank you!

• Like 2

Hello Vovi, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Vovi,

There are many here who speak of various practices and many of them have good historical knowledge.  I'm sure you will find it easy to get involved in discussions.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 1

On 9/5/2017 at 4:42 PM, Vovi said:

I have read in a Tao Stillness' thread on "Potent Systems" that Wu Wei Qigong and Falun Gong  are nearly the same but can not find out any thread on this Wu Wei Qigong ...

Hi Vovi,

Wu Wei Qigong? If Wu Wei is 'doing next to nothing', isn't finding next to nothing to be expected?

The Tao Theme of
Wu Wei - Non-action

Wu wei, non-action.

The Themes of the Tao Te Ching

Wu Wei, Non-action, is one of the most famous Taoist concepts, repeatedly pointed out in Tao Te Ching, the great Taoist classic. We should not hurry to action, since most things in the world take care of themselves if left alone. And when we act, we should do so cautiously, or we might destroy more than we solve.

(www.taoistic.com/taothemes/wuwei-nonaction.htm)

- LimA

• Like 2

The above is truly a conclusion based on lack of knowledge and experience of qigong and Traditional Chinese Medicine. 

I will admit that it is clever in terms of semantics. It also shows a true lack of understanding of the meaning of Wu Wei. I would suggest that the person making those comments read the Tao Te Ching as a starter and also learn qigong. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

,You won't find a thread about Wu Wei Qigong anywhere. The little that is disclosed about is found on the site that sells the dvd, Purple Plum Pubications. Their series is called Chinese Living Treasures and they carry Master George Xu's dvds. He is a well known martial artist in the San Francisco Bay area. To ask questions about Wu Wei Qigong you could direct them to his senior student, Susan Matthews, since Master Xu usually does not reply to inquiries. From what Susan told me, Master Xu learned Wu Wei Qigong years ago from a Master in Shanghai and this was before Falun Gong was introduced by Master Li. And I prefer Wu Wei Qigong to Falun Gong because the static postures are not to be held anywhere near as long as Falun Gong requires. Falun wants you to hold a static posture for as long as you can. I found that the more I practiced the form the longer I could hold the postures and it was becoming 25 minutes for each posture but I had a life to live and could not devote that kind of time to qigong. With Wu Wei Qigong 5 minutes was fine and no more than 10 minutes per static posture. And there was no prohibition against doing any other type of Qigong like Falun Gong warns.

Both systems automatically install an energy wheel which spins in your lower dan tian acting to bring in Qi, and also to expel bad Qi on a 24/7 basis. So doing the form serves to keep the wheel working at maximum capacity. My medical clairvoyant reported that Wu Wei Qigong is more powerful than doing Falun Qigong and the wheel from Wu Wei has a different appearance than the wheel from Falun Gong. I think the name of the form, Wu Wei, is what confuses some people. I just ignored the name rather than racking my brain about what it had to do with the form. So that is all that I know about this subject. And Wu Wei being considered to mean "nothing", would be like saying the vacuum state of quantum physics is empty. Or that the Tao contains nothing or that outer space is just space. 

Edited by tao stillness
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2