tantien

Most Powerful Temples or Locations You Have Experienced?

On 30/01/2018 at 8:43 AM, lifeforce said:

This is probably a by-product of years of cultivation which has opened me up to receive the strong energy...

How is Xingyi going with you?

Less training required as a result of that?

More seated meditation in return?

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Gerard said:

How is Xingyi going with you?

Less training required as a result of that?

More seated meditation in return?

Xingyi has been taken to a new level.

As well as the stuff I've learned over the years from my teachers, I'm now working through Scott Meredith's books: 

Radical Xingyi Energetics and

Aiki Singularity.

I would encourage anyone practicing xingyi (or even taiji ) to get your hands on any of Scott's books.

The ramp up in power through practicing his methods is incredible.

My xingyi to meditation ratio hasn't changed. I still enjoy both immensely.

• Like 3

I guess now you are at a deeper level right? Beyond the martial.

Same happened to me, I had to go deeper with Bagua so it was time to start the journey on my own after a conversation I had with Michael Guen on the now defunct Empty Flower forum, where he suggested: what if you practice only one palm for many circles and for a considerable amount of time? It was like a new awakening for me. I realised about one thing: forms mean little or nothing if you go deep. And from that day (end of 2012) is all I have been doing plus Foundation work which is clearly aimed at training the vertical force.

Good luck with your practice dear friend. :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

I guess now you are at a deeper level right? Beyond the martial.

Same happened to me, I had to go deeper with Bagua so it was time to start the journey on my own after a conversation I had with Michael Guen on the now defunct Empty Flower forum, where he suggested: what if you practice only one palm for many circles and for a considerable amount of time? It was like a new awakening for me. I realised about one thing: forms mean little or nothing if you go deep. And from that day (end of 2012) is all I have been doing plus Foundation work which is clearly aimed at training the vertical force.

Good luck with your practice dear friend. :)

That's exactly what has happened to me through my practice of xingyi. There is so much depth in the five fists that you could literally spend several lifetimes working with them.

There are countless videos on YouTube of xingyi and to be honest, much of it is practiced like karate, hard and forceful.

When you see the old masters, and the people today who train the way that the old masters did, it looks totally different.

The soft, hidden power, which is obvious to those that know.

Anyway, it looks like we've derailed this thread with our IMA talk.

Hope all is well with you.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, lifeforce said:

There are countless videos on YouTube of xingyi and to be honest, much of it is practiced like karate, hard and forceful.

Same with anything else, to be honest. 

When you see the old masters, and the people today who train the way that the old masters did, it looks totally different.

Too too much Yang today, that’s the problem of our modern world.

The soft, hidden power, which is obvious to those that know.

Which will come to those who are patient and do not seek. 

Anyway, it looks like we've derailed this thread with our IMA talk.

Hope all is well with you.

Yes sorry but we don’t have enough of this threads on this forum unfortunately. Thanks all good here :)

• Like 2

Lovely thread... power comes in many different forms, so it's a very individual thing. Delphi in Greece and Glastonbury are always really special to me.

I managed to spend 6 weeks in Glastonbury at the end of last year — here's a couple of pics from when 'red sky' appeared, as Hurricane Ophelia hit the UK. It was a great time to be there.

St Michael 1.jpg

St_Michael_2.jpg

Edited by Cueball
  • Like 7

One of the powerful places I visited is the Arunachala Hill, in the southern state of Tamil Nadu - India.  There is something special about the entire hill area.  Ramana Maharishi's ashram can be found on the bottom of the hill.  Many Siddhars from the southern traditions were believed to have spent their time in and around this hill area.  Some of them are believed to roam the hill area to this day.

Power of Arunachala:  https://www.sriramanamaharshi.org/arunachala-hill/puterea-arunachalei/

http://davidgodman.org/asaints/powerofa1.shtml

560px-Normal_(2).jpg

• Like 2

On 14 February 2018 at 9:26 PM, s1va said:

One of the powerful places I visited is the Arunachala Hill, in the southern state of Tamil Nadu - India.  There is something special about the entire hill area.

If I recall correctly, according to David Godman, Ramana Maharshi insisted that Arunachala was Shiva himself. Not a manifestation, an emanation or a domicile... he was quite clear that it was Shiva.

I particularly like the story of Mastan Swami and the gate to Arunachala: http://sri-ramana-maharshi.blogspot.co.uk/2008/09/discovering-mastan.html

• Like 1

Just now, Cueball said:

If I recall correctly, according to David Godman, Ramana Maharshi insisted that Arunachala was Shiva himself. Not a manifestation, an emanation or a domicile... he was quite clear that it was Shiva.

I particularly like the story of Mastan Swami and the gate to Arunachala: http://sri-ramana-maharshi.blogspot.co.uk/2008/09/discovering-mastan.html

Yes, many consider the Arunachala hill as embodiment of Shiva himself.  It is a powerful place.  I would suggest anyone that is in the area or has opportunity to visit the place.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, s1va said:

Yes, many consider the Arunachala hill as embodiment of Shiva himself.  It is a powerful place.  I would suggest anyone that is in the area or has opportunity to visit the place.

From a Hindu perspective, how does Arunachala compare with Mt Kailash in terms of significance? This mystical mountain is well touted as the supreme throne of Shiva, as well as the Hood of Shiva because they believe its actually hollow inside and Shiva resides within. 

• Like 2

On 1/31/2018 at 10:53 AM, lifeforce said:

Xingyi has been taken to a new level.

As well as the stuff I've learned over the years from my teachers, I'm now working through Scott Meredith's books: 

Radical Xingyi Energetics and

Aiki Singularity.

I would encourage anyone practicing xingyi (or even taiji ) to get your hands on any of Scott's books.

The ramp up in power through practicing his methods is incredible.

My xingyi to meditation ratio hasn't changed. I still enjoy both immensely.

Thanks. I practice XYQ and had not heard of these books before. 

20 hours ago, C T said:

From a Hindu perspective, how does Arunachala compare with Mt Kailash in terms of significance? This mystical mountain is well touted as the supreme throne of Shiva, as well as the Hood of Shiva because they believe its actually hollow inside and Shiva resides within. 

Each has their own significance.  Mt Kailash is generally accepted as the abode of Lord Shiva from the ancient times.  Is it the same outer Mount Kailash that is in the Himalayan mountains is up to our beliefs!   Some say, the real abode of Shiva exists in the inner world (another dimension/realm) and what we see outside is just a pointer to that.  No matter what Mount Kailash is very special for all Hindus and is very significant.  On the other hand, Arunachala (also ancient) is regional - not every one in India may be familiar with.  Only a small portion (relatively) that lives in the southern states or those who read about Ramana Maharshi, may be familiar.   I never got the opportunity to personally visit Kailash.  The trip needs some special preparation, medical clearance, visa to China, etc. to visit Mount Kailash.  The entire Himalayas is mystical and there are so many powerful places.  I have traveled and visited other places in Himalayas such as Rishikesh, Haridwar, Gangotri  - where Ganges originates from himalayan glaciers, Yamunotri  origin of Yamuna from glaciers, Badrinath -  famous for it's Vishnu temple and Kedarnath - famous for it's Shiva temple.  The last 4 of those 6 places are called char dham, considered very special Hindu pilgrimage sites in Himalayas --  tourists can visit  these 4 sites few months every year in summer (travel during other months is not possible due to weather).   Each one of these places have some special significance.  Vaishno Devi temple in Himalayas (Kashmir) is also very special.  That is a place I would like to visit some day.

But, there is something very special about Arunachala in my experience.  I grew up in the southern India, so I have visited the place few times.  I can say it is a powerful transformative experience for me.  Our intent is also important, no matter the place.  The Shiva temple in the town is also considered very special.  For each of the five basic elements (earth, water, fire, air, space/ether) there are 5 special places with temples, that are said to represent each element.   In Arunachala temple (Thiruvannamalai), the Shiva represents 'fire'. 

Edited by s1va
  • Like 2

Thanks, Siva. 

Apparently its possible to begin the pilgrimage from Nepal. The highway has been built, and videos indicate a fairly smooth ride all the way. Im thinking of doing this pilgrimage in 2020. Chinese visa not an issue for me. 

Grew up & went to school with many South Indians in Malaysia. Tremendous people they are. Many of whom are still good friends till this day - some friendships having begun back in 67. Imagine... 51 years, and still going strong. South Indian food's unbeatable, imo. Much much more to my liking than the Northern style of cooking. 

• Like 2

I gotta say, hiking a glacier.....glaciers seem to have their own interesting sorts of energy.  its different than being on top of a mountain, its different than being in the valley of a mountain.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, C T said:

Thanks, Siva. 

Apparently its possible to begin the pilgrimage from Nepal. The highway has been built, and videos indicate a fairly smooth ride all the way. Im thinking of doing this pilgrimage in 2020. Chinese visa not an issue for me. 

Grew up & went to school with many South Indians in Malaysia. Tremendous people they are. Many of whom are still good friends till this day - some friendships having begun back in 67. Imagine... 51 years, and still going strong. South Indian food's unbeatable, imo. Much much more to my liking than the Northern style of cooking. 

That is wonderful.  I have read they were building some freeways few years back.  I did not know it was complete.  Good to know, it's complete.  Very nice, about your plans for a trip on 2020.  Who knows, I may visit one day also.  Thanks for your kind words about southern India. It is truly great to have friends that go back.  I have some friends like that.  I visited some places in Malaysia, in and around Kuala Lumpur.  This is 20 years back.  It was just beautiful.

• Like 2

On 1/29/2018 at 3:28 PM, silent thunder said:

For me, one is an unnamed rain canyon in the Bad Lands near the Sage Creek area.   Though I don't think it was the area that was the source, it just happened to coincide with our experience... so there's that. 

My wife and I were camping in the Sage Creek area and headed out to look for a hiking trail.  After driving for a while, I felt a pull to this unnamed canyon on the roadside and parked the car.  My wife knew the drill, she was already prepping our three legged albino ferret Nikita for a hike, putting her into my pack/case and within a minute we were headed up the canyon for a hike, Nikita riding along alternately riding my shoulders, in my hands or back in the pack through the zipper. 

By mid-morning the Sun was above the canyon wall, the month was August.  It was blazing.  Niki was asleep in my pack. 

But we were early 20's, married and it was amazing there, this was what we loved best, just hiking in nature.

Eventually we sat down to rest and almost immediately as we settled, the silence was a presence.  Palpable.  Potent.  Saturating.  We mentioned it as we drank and then we too fell silent. 

The silence grew more present, more potent and we became very still and made contact.  Eyes widening.  I got the very palpable sense in this canyon, we were very far away from any form of vegetation, insect, or life of any sort.   This basin supported no life that could be sensed.  It was truly yin.  even in the blazing light of day... uttely yin and devoid of sound.

It was like a physical expasive feeling, to know that aside from my gal, we were the only two things for quite a distance in any direction.  This type of silence we had never encountered in our lives.  And nowhere that I have ever been since... carried this silence.

Utter silence.  So complete.  So saturating, it was utterly present, we both felt it, not as a physical sensation, but as a presence.... within. 

Time seemed a non concept until it was over.  I was in Silence.  I was utterly silence. 

and then a shift... and a sensing that there was something in the silence... and it was growing so faint... flowing sound/sense...

it reminded me of water flowing at first, but that wasn't right, it wasn't a sound yet it filled the silence and was becoming a roar... steadily growing in intensity.

She and I locked eyes again and nodded, silently... 'you hearing this!?"

and then it struck me, the sound was not water... but thunder... the silence was full of rolling thunder that was growing in intensity as the moment extended, growing steadily and quickly into a deafening roar filling my awareness, saturating, expanding, vibrating... and alive... fully present.

It grew to the point I could feel the potential to simply vibrate my mind processes apart... there came a tinge of fear and then as suddenly as it manifested, it released and we soon realized we were hearing each other breathing and we could hear our clothes moving against our skin and our hearts beating and we stared at one another for a long while with these grins of 'well how about that!?' on our faces.  We spoke about it briefly then and there, but not long, or deep.  Those conversations came much later.

This is the experience where my name silent thunder originated.   Being that silence catalyzed a shift in awareness permanently for both my wife and I, awakening in us a thirst to explore and seek, a shift akin to a small trickle of water beginning to flow downhill through a weak spot in a damn, pushing and carrying small pebbles and sticks down what we would come to find was The Path. 

The ramifications decades later are paradigm shifting. 

The trickle, is a flow now, a river of light in which we swim and dance through life.

I'm not sure it was the place that was so powerful.  I don't consider it any more sacred than my living room, or my local park.  I sense it was us being very neutral and open from hiking without speaking for some time, creating a mental space... that when we encountered a place with no life whatsoever... no wind... nothing creating sound, we fell into it and realized that silence is within and that it is filled with roaring thunder.  I sense the same is happening anywhere of sufficient yin.

edit to add.  This was the early 90's, South Dakota and at the time I was deeply rooted in studying Lakota/Plains Native Lore and Druidism.

Yes, that's it!  Remember, before language and civilization, aborigines were mostly quiet out in Nature most of the time - intently listening for both prey and predator...  Whereas WIRED synths now might only randomly do that once in a blue moon...if ever in their entire lifetimes, lol...

Edited by gendao
  • Like 1