tantien

Most Powerful Temples or Locations You Have Experienced?

I travel a lot and I'm sure others here do too... I want to ask what the most powerful temples, churches, locations, or objects you've experienced coming in contact with. It would be helpful if you would list:

1) The name of place or object

2) Your tradition

3) Your experience with said place or object

4) Approx. date or year of said experience

I would like to collect these in one place for their potential as tradition-agnostic. For example if a buddhist has been to many places, but their most powerful experience was in a buddhist temple - then that would be accounted for here. Furthermore, if a Hindu, Buddhist, and Jew all had a most powerful experiences in the Himalayas or Pyramids, then that would be interesting to account for here as well! I also want to account for the potential of experiences with objects - like coming in contact with the remains of a Saint, for example...

Edited by tantien
  • Like 4

I visited the Potalla Palace in Lhasa Tibet in 1984 - I felt at home there and was given full rein of the place. All of Lhasa was home.

I sat atop two of the big pyramids in 1984 and went inside the largest and did resonance sounding. These were big experiences.

But near there during that trip I remember clearly walking into an entrance area and suddenly out of no where feeling incredulous that they would put the entrance "into the middle of the proper walk-in entrance". I then retraced my steps and went to the proper head of the long row of sphinxes and walked "properly" down the long rows to the main building/temple. I was walking steps I had already taken many times - I could feel the clothing and see the painted and golden enhancements everywhere. My light bodies beamed and modified resolutely.

Sailing down Guilin in China on the Yangtze River - absolutely magical and beautiful.

Yosemite - perhaps nothing so profound as first seeing it - conceived my son there years later. Snow camping on Glacier Point overlooking the valley with a billion stars raining brilliance.

I have no lineage or affiliation with a religion or teaching.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 7

If you find yourself in southern California then make time to visit Lu Mountain Temple in Rosemead. It's just a small neighborhood temple, literally on a plot of land between houses in an everyday neighborhood. They have the '10,000 Buddha Relics', which are sharira, sort of pearl like stones that form from the cremated remains of spiritual masters. I've been there a half dozen times. It is very powerful.

• Like 7

Glastonbury - Somerset UK , the real Isle of Avalon

Many times

Feeling of intense sacredness, mystery and power around the Tor 

• Like 10

On ‎5‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 0:48 AM, tantien said:

I travel a lot and I'm sure others here do too... I want to ask what the most powerful temples, churches, locations, or objects you've experienced coming in contact with. It would be helpful if you would list:

1) The name of place or object

Cathedral Rocks  NSW  Australia.

Image result for Cathedral Rock National Park Australia

2) Your tradition

'Tradition' ?    errrmmm .... eclectic .

3) Your experience with said place or object

Various. Most notable;   on the path in from the car park, at the beginning  are  3 large roundish boulders with slit eyes, huge foreheads, no nose and small mouths , reminiscent of a  type of 'alien' head .  As one walks up to the peak  (see pic 2 ) , in places the track is a narrow corridor between rock faces, these are shot through with seams of white or  black  quartz. .

At the very top ( pic 3 ) there is one last step up to the top rock, under that  rock is a ledge with a small deep cave  around 10" wide.  I had an overpowering compulsion to feel around in there.  I told my companions and they said "Why? What do you think is in there ? "

" I don't know ....   gold ?  a black snake ?   ....  ? "  But I had to stick my hand in, it was deep, I had to lie down on my side right up to the rock and put the whole end of my arm in and feel around. I felt a rock on the floor of the little cave so I pulled it out, it had a  small black quartz crystal rod attacked to it . Okay, Buggles, I keep that .

When I got home, I told a friend and they " You should talk to L. he got a back crystal up there somewhere.  I did, and he got it from the same little cave, and had a similar feeling about it. He said " E,. got one there too ."

So I went and saw E. Hers was large and spectacular, she had the same feeling, and stuck her hand in, but palm up, and the crystal dropped from the roof of the cave into her hand . 

- but I cant spend more than a couple of hours there ... I get a massive headache if I do, and I do not suffer at all from headaches.

4) Approx. date or year of said experience

around 2005 - 2007

I would like to collect these in one place for their potential as tradition-agnostic. For example if a buddhist has been to many places, but their most powerful experience was in a buddhist temple - then that would be accounted for here. Furthermore, if a Hindu, Buddhist, and Jew all had a most powerful experiences in the Himalayas or Pyramids, then that would be interesting to account for here as well! I also want to account for the potential of experiences with objects - like coming in contact with the remains of a Saint, for example...

Sorry, I have no experience like that. I think they are man made illusions.   However a temple may have been built on a 'power spot' .  

I think anyone can have a 'powerful experience ' at the pyramids , Himalayas,  Uluru, a  Gothic Church ,    etc .

• Like 6

I'm pretty sensitive in this respect, so I'll name just a few sites, in no particular order:

Mt. Elbrus in the Kabardino-Balkaria region of the North Caucasus.  Intense influx of strength, vigor, vitality, physical sense of well-being and health.  Spent a month there, the effects lasted for a year.

Peruvian Amazon, rain forest east of the Andes.   Shamanic adventures.  Some of the aftereffects are permanent.  The first three weeks after the immersion spent largely in worlds having only tangential associations with this one.

Wall of Wailing, Jerusalem.  Spoke to me saying "I am pain."  Made me stand there for an hour or so, processing.  Tears. 

The Colosseum, Rome.  Heard the roar of the caged lions and of the crowd, and the moans of the dying gladiators -- a brief time travel episode, auditory only.  

Trakai Castle, Lithuania.  A not-so brief time travel episode, full immersion, medieval.     

goodwp.com_26106.jpg

• Like 10

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/finchale-priory/?utm_source=Google Business&utm_campaign=Local Listings&utm_medium=Google Business Profiles&utm_content=finchale prior

This place is about 15 minutes drive from my home. Every time I visit I feel really strong energy in the whole area. I plan on meditating here someday to tap into it.

Edited by lifeforce
  • Like 2

Heheheh...I don't travel a lot.  If I do, usually in some nature parks.  One time, few years ago, I went to the Chuang Yen Monastery in Carmel NY.  Supposedly, it hosts the world largest Vairocana buddha.  Throughout the whole trip, I could hear my chakras vibrating.  I could usually hear them when I am in a location with relatively more quieter.  Then, I came to a 7ft tall Quan Yin statue.  You see all the coins people left there on the statue.  I began to photograph it.  Through the viewfinder and looking at the statue's face, I was completely seized and frozen for few seconds...because I felt the statue was smiling at me and sensing massive energy was coming from it.  I moved the camera from my face and staring at the statue's face some more and trying to make sense what had just happened.  It was like the statue was alive and living.  Then, the grasping and seizing sensation was gone.  Now, the statue felt like a statue.  :)   Duh.....

I believe back then I was trying to open my heart chakra and the center channels.  Subsequently, maybe last year, I saw a vision (in my dream state) of a Quan Yin like face with golden hue and smiling at me the same way.... 

• Like 9

https://www.durhamcathedral.co.uk

Also there is here. Again, only 15 minutes drive from my home. Another ancient holy Christian site which has tremendous energy and power. I can feel it here too. 

Even though I don't identify myself as a Christian, I can't deny the extraordinary power of these places. 

• Like 2

well, i'm no treveller at all but some twenty years ago I was in south cornwall

men an tol, http://www.intocornwall.com/engine/azabout.asp?guide=Men-an-Tol

local story is that going through the hole in the stone is a cure against rachitis. wouldn't know about it, when seeing it my son was through the hole before we even had the chance to think something. But funnily enough my very skeptic, insensitive ex-husband also felt a strong urge to crawl through and did :D

Gerelateerde afbeelding

and the fogou in carn euny, https://www.cornwalls.co.uk/history/sites/carn_euny.htm

we all three felt a great attraction to this underground chamber, we have been back there several times.

Gerelateerde afbeelding

as to how it felt, womblike, being part of mother earth, a healing experience

I've no tradition what soever, just me trying to be me

• Like 8

Rishimun-Plateau-boulders.jpg

huge-a9bcbf4d9d2c.jpg

Rock-formation-in-Hampi-popular-for-boul

it's goes on and on

Hampi has been a tremendous experience for me emotionally. It's the point I moved from external hard martial art and hardening attitude to internal cultivation, subtle listening. Truly a gift.

2 months after I started tai chi chuan.

Thanks to L.

Time : 2010 and 2011 (twice in 3 months)

Tradition : following the flow / returning to the source depending on the time.

Edited by CloudHands
pictures
  • Like 9

Place :      Wudang Shan Hubei Province China

Traditional :      Dragon Gate Long Men Pei, Complete Reality School

Experience :I have amazing experiences here and this seems like a good place to share a story.  

The Night I Met the Moon Goddess

In a dream a fellow student krishna wanted to show me a special place on the mountain.  I followed him over many obstacles and  soon lost sight of him,  

As I wandered thru the mountains I came across a door with krishna's  sword through the ring of the handle. I felt great relief to have found him.

As I opened the door the room was full of immortals some of which did not even look human and skin tones of all colors. they were all very relaxed and having a great time, laughing,having a celebration.

I immediately shut the door as I felt I was intruding. When I reopened the door everyone was standing still like as to properly behave and Invited me in. As time passed all became a party again.

When it was time to leave I had no idea where I was and Krishna was not to be found. I left and wandered through the landscape Then I was met by two beautiful women holding hands.

The women agreed to show me the way home and for this I was extremely grateful.

The beauty of these Goddesses was outstanding but I was only concerned with finding my way home. As we neared the place where I knew where I was one of the goddess turned to me with a face as bright and round as the moon and said .....I might just like men again, I had returned home.

Year  :September, 2011 a few days before the Moon Festival Which in real life, not a dream is another story and just as amazing

Edited by Wu Ming Jen
  • Like 7

*inserts an obligatory "ugh one of those external/internal temple temple between the temples, same same guys" posting.*

Spoiler

1337mspaint.jpg.69a6e60bf990820bd80f4802e701dfce.jpg

An intuitive symbol What does it whisper to thou? playing off my old avatar.  Haven't read this one of his yet but oooh my groknesss... that onion of a cover image :wub:.

71fwd0yH5HL.thumb.jpg.176379f28eee703411354aeef26fb9e9.jpg

Anywho, a breeze kissed rock ledge down a cliff-face above a horizonless ocean and crashing surf under a fiery sun does it for me. Done some Cathedrals, meh, hope to sit as the northstar in an alive stone circle someday, or if my lucky stars align and I win that lottery, to catch the first rays of the yin culminating yang arising winter solstice sun in Bru na Boinne...

Spoiler

Edited by shazlor

Ironically, the most powerful place I've experienced was the state capitol building in Madison, Wisconsin. It's built on an Isthmus and on the intersection of powerful ley lines. The aboriginals used to go there for healing but of course white people usurped it from them.

When I entered the center forum I had kundalini awakening like I have never experienced in my lifetime. It felt like I had literally entered a higher dimension of bliss and I was connected to the entire planet. This was completely unexpected and I was dumbfounded. I walked away from the spot and then came back just to see, and the same thing happened. Dead center of the building, right in the middle of the architecture.

Just goes to show that the free masons really know about architectural planning. I'd love to visit more state buildings to see if the pattern repeats itself. I would also love to know if there's an accurate map of ley lines out there in the world somewhere. I haven't been able to find one. If there is one it's probably a well guarded secret by the elites.

Makes me wonder... if we examine where most of the buildings of power are built in the world, would we find that there are also energy centers there.

The only other place where I felt similar power was in Nepal.

Edited by Orion
  • Like 4

On 9/14/2017 at 1:08 AM, Orion said:

Ironically, the most powerful place I've experienced was the state capitol building in Madison, Wisconsin. It's built on an Isthmus and on the intersection of powerful ley lines. The aboriginals used to go there for healing but of course white people usurped it from them.

When I entered the center forum I had kundalini awakening like I have never experienced in my lifetime. It felt like I had literally entered a higher dimension of bliss and I was connected to the entire planet. This was completely unexpected and I was dumbfounded. I walked away from the spot and then came back just to see, and the same thing happened. Dead center of the building, right in the middle of the architecture.

Just goes to show that the free masons really know about architectural planning. I'd love to visit more state buildings to see if the pattern repeats itself. I would also love to know if there's an accurate map of ley lines out there in the world somewhere. I haven't been able to find one. If there is one it's probably a well guarded secret by the elites.

Makes me wonder... if we examine where most of the buildings of power are built in the world, would we find that there are also energy centers there.

The only other place where I felt similar power was in Nepal.

Interesting... So many disconnected writings on so-called "lay-lines" but none agree on GPS coordinates, methodologies, measurement, etc. Would be nice to build a database of those too so folks could converge on the truth!

I'm surprised the Vatican has not yet been mentioned. If such a categorized list could be made, then wouldn't it be at the top?

This range is of significance to Christian mystics and new age folks.

Huge deposits of quartz covering large portions of the land. 

Image result for THE 12 BENS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve_Bens

Magnificent Kylemore Abbey built in the same vicinity 

https://www.kylemoreabbey.com/about-kylemore/

A fav retreat spot of mine in Ireland

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allihies

• Like 2

On 9/9/2017 at 6:28 AM, lifeforce said:

https://www.durhamcathedral.co.uk

Also there is here. Again, only 15 minutes drive from my home. Another ancient holy Christian site which has tremendous energy and power. I can feel it here too. 

Even though I don't identify myself as a Christian, I can't deny the extraordinary power of these places. 

I live very close to this site and inspired by your post I went in the summer last year but sadly did not feel any thing out of the ordinary energetically , although a lovely place to visit.

• Like 1

On 28/01/2018 at 3:09 PM, Bruce Qi said:

I live very close to this site and inspired by your post I went in the summer last year but sadly did not feel any thing out of the ordinary energetically , although a lovely place to visit.

I can't believe there's another member of Dao Bums from my area ! That's awesome. Where are you located ?

For some reason, ancient Christian sites have a strong energetic, almost magnetic field which seem to really affect me. The two places I highlighted are not the only ones where I've felt an unbelievably powerful energy.

There are several in Newcastle, in rural Northumberland and in County Durham also. As I don't identify myself as a Christian, this is quite strange. Maybe I'm being told something.

• Like 2

For me, one is an unnamed rain canyon in the Bad Lands near the Sage Creek area.   Though I don't think it was the area that was the source, it just happened to coincide with our experience... so there's that. 

My wife and I were camping in the Sage Creek area and headed out to look for a hiking trail.  After driving for a while, I felt a pull to this unnamed canyon on the roadside and parked the car.  My wife knew the drill, she was already prepping our three legged albino ferret Nikita for a hike, putting her into my pack/case and within a minute we were headed up the canyon for a hike, Nikita riding along alternately riding my shoulders, in my hands or back in the pack through the zipper. 

By mid-morning the Sun was above the canyon wall, the month was August.  It was blazing.  Niki was asleep in my pack. 

But we were early 20's, married and it was amazing there, this was what we loved best, just hiking in nature.

Eventually we sat down to rest and almost immediately as we settled, the silence was a presence.  Palpable.  Potent.  Saturating.  We mentioned it as we drank and then we too fell silent. 

The silence grew more present, more potent and we became very still and made contact.  Eyes widening.  I got the very palpable sense in this canyon, we were very far away from any form of vegetation, insect, or life of any sort.   This basin supported no life that could be sensed.  It was truly yin.  even in the blazing light of day... uttely yin and devoid of sound.

It was like a physical expasive feeling, to know that aside from my gal, we were the only two things for quite a distance in any direction.  This type of silence we had never encountered in our lives.  And nowhere that I have ever been since... carried this silence.

Utter silence.  So complete.  So saturating, it was utterly present, we both felt it, not as a physical sensation, but as a presence.... within. 

Time seemed a non concept until it was over.  I was in Silence.  I was utterly silence. 

and then a shift... and a sensing that there was something in the silence... and it was growing so faint... flowing sound/sense...

it reminded me of water flowing at first, but that wasn't right, it wasn't a sound yet it filled the silence and was becoming a roar... steadily growing in intensity.

She and I locked eyes again and nodded, silently... 'you hearing this!?"

and then it struck me, the sound was not water... but thunder... the silence was full of rolling thunder that was growing in intensity as the moment extended, growing steadily and quickly into a deafening roar filling my awareness, saturating, expanding, vibrating... and alive... fully present.

It grew to the point I could feel the potential to simply vibrate my mind processes apart... there came a tinge of fear and then as suddenly as it manifested, it released and we soon realized we were hearing each other breathing and we could hear our clothes moving against our skin and our hearts beating and we stared at one another for a long while with these grins of 'well how about that!?' on our faces.  We spoke about it briefly then and there, but not long, or deep.  Those conversations came much later.

This is the experience where my name silent thunder originated.   Being that silence catalyzed a shift in awareness permanently for both my wife and I, awakening in us a thirst to explore and seek, a shift akin to a small trickle of water beginning to flow downhill through a weak spot in a damn, pushing and carrying small pebbles and sticks down what we would come to find was The Path. 

The ramifications decades later are paradigm shifting. 

The trickle, is a flow now, a river of light in which we swim and dance through life.

I'm not sure it was the place that was so powerful.  I don't consider it any more sacred than my living room, or my local park.  I sense it was us being very neutral and open from hiking without speaking for some time, creating a mental space... that when we encountered a place with no life whatsoever... no wind... nothing creating sound, we fell into it and realized that silence is within and that it is filled with roaring thunder.  I sense the same is happening anywhere of sufficient yin.

edit to add.  This was the early 90's, South Dakota and at the time I was deeply rooted in studying Lakota/Plains Native Lore and Druidism.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, lifeforce said:

I can't believe there's another member of Dao Bums from my area ! That's awesome. Where are you located ?

Haha , thats what I thought when i originally saw your post ! I am from sunderland then up to weardale and now in durham center.

did you mean the cathedral in durham ?

the only place i feel a good energy there is st cuthberts tomb and the older bit at the back which was for women and children,

Edited by Bruce Qi
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bruce Qi said:

Haha , thats what I thought when i originally saw your post ! I am from sunderland then up to weardale and now in durham center.

did you mean the cathedral in durham ?

the only place i feel a good energy there is st cuthberts tomb and the older bit at the back which was for women and children,

I'm Stanley born and bred. I feel quite fortunate in that the countryside is on my doorstep, but urban areas are only a short distance away. 

Yes, Durham Cathedral has been a special place ever since I first visited there as a child on a school trip. I've always been awestruck by the sheer beauty of the buildings. Only after recent visits in the last 5 years have I felt it's power. This is probably a by-product of years of cultivation which has opened me up to receive the strong energy. 

Finchale Abbey's energetic field feels even stronger to me. The location, coupled with the buildings and the energy of previous occupants, can feel overwhelming at first, before calming down. Then I can feel so much loving energy there. I plan on meditating and practicing my qigong there sometime soon.

On 09/09/2017 at 3:28 PM, lifeforce said:

Yes, all gothic cathedrals were built with that purpose (same as the Giza Pyramid complex): to allow for a direct ‘communication’ with Heaven.

...and the Renaissance polyphony was simply the icing on the cake. :)

• Like 2

On 10/09/2017 at 2:32 AM, CloudHands said:

Rock-formation-in-Hampi-popular-for-boul

That’s like my hometown, La Pedriza, Spain, one of Europe’s main energetic hubs:

https://hiveminer.com/Tags/lapedriza,roca

I want to meditate on the top of one of the two peaks of Lord Howe island this soon:

http://www.traveller.com.au/lord-howe-islands-new-beach-houses-gugsnj

https://goo.gl/images/NC1tkh

I have been feeling the energetic pull lately for some reason. :)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2