Hancock

Vibrating during meditation

I was meditating and felt a rough part in myself that was like what I considered a blockage to feel like.

So I focused on it, an let it show itself to me, but I started to vibrate or feel like I'm vibrating. I'm interested in knowing what others might know of whatever this is.

It does feel like it's releasing a refined energy that goes upward an follows the ren dui mai microcosmic orbit.

It's in the back of neck area where head and neck connect. 

Thanks 

Edited by Hancock
  • Like 2

It is common to have a considerasble amount of popping in this area during meditation.

Primarily core constrictions bound in ones life force - core pictures/beliefs/engrams vibrate to resonance and pop/release. They may be difficult to release and then these vibrations can venture in a number of directions. This is why in Yoga the postures are a helpful adjunct to meditation - they ease and distribute resonance energies that build during meditation and they also exercise sub-meridians against the main meridians and extend activity well into the Nadis and finer bodies.

These vibrations can if blocked and not able to pop the constriction or if one consistently leaves meditation at this time, then unwanted Kundalini fixation can become problematic as well as adrenal activity and sexual energies. Though this is all specific to your specific noted area of interest - the neck/head connection.

Simple neck excercises are very helpful and often simply a slight click or tilt of the head is all that is needed. 

At this juncture several main and sub-meridians / channels become especially energized - a slight tilt to one side or small crank of the head and the frictional result of the meridians and sub-meridians energetically pressured upon each other for even a millisecond is often enough to initiate a pop - as little as a twitch.

Try not to fixate upon a vibration originating from this - in general any fixation is not skillful means.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 6

The average person has so many blockages in there body its ridiculous. If your working within a particular system it should have it's own methods of handling obstructions. 

Edited by WayofChi
  • Like 5

Got some issues with that neck area for years with some physical injuries since my childhood..

When it starts vibrating, would you let it vibrate how it comes? Because if I do I often loose my meditative state and many thoughts are coming to my mind, sometimes of course through emotional releases in that area. But if I intentionally don't let it vibrate I get a lot calmer and often get the impression to reach deeper layers (blockages) in that specific area because energy seems even stronger then (like even feeling quite intense physical pain in some trigger points then.) But I am still not sure if the suppressing of natural vibratory movements is that smart and that's why I don't do it that often. 

Edited by phil
  • Like 2

The idea in meditation is to allow what arises to fall away by focusing on the breath of other object.

However...

I've found that slightly dipping the chin to straighten the back of the neck momentarily helps alleviate some of the vibration or tension.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Hancock said:

I was meditating and felt a rough part in myself that was like what I considered a blockage to feel like.

So I focused on it, an let it show itself to me, but I started to vibrate or feel like I'm vibrating. I'm interested in knowing what others might know of whatever this is.

It does feel like it's releasing a refined energy that goes upward an follows the ren dui mai microcosmic orbit.

It's in the back of neck area where head and neck connect. 

Thanks 

The vibrations that you are feeling are actually based in your heart (chakra). You are nearing the point of consciously opening your throats chakra (or upper dantien), when you do, you will start to more directly connect to the people and environment around you. The vibrations are sort of your subconscious fear and expectation of those connections. Kind of like a dam near breaking into your conscious aspects of mind.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Kar3n said:

The idea in meditation is to allow what arises to fall away by focusing on the breath of other object.

However...

I've found that slightly dipping the chin to straighten the back of the neck momentarily helps alleviate some of the vibration or tension.

The dipping chin an straightening the back of neck worked to alleviate some of it.

I began vibrating in my hands and this morning I had dead skin allover my hand that vibrated, it was my left one.

I use meditation in various ways, for my general purposes it's to allow the emergence of the truest self by allowing blockages as you said to fall away, however im encouraged to look at the cause of the blockage so as to learn from it and not repeat it. I look at the blockage, recognise it, an allow it to unravel an give information in the form of mental impressions, feelings, etc as k observe from meditative detachment. I'm not perfect at it though lol an end up sometimes with experiences like the vibrations or coughing up something I couldn't have swallowed (hair thafs different color and length from mine, an I prepare my own food so its just weird an usually resulted because of a witchcraft based attack) or some other weirdness.

5 hours ago, Jeff said:

The vibrations that you are feeling are actually based in your heart (chakra). You are nearing the point of consciously opening your throats chakra (or upper dantien), when you do, you will start to more directly connect to the people and environment around you. The vibrations are sort of your subconscious fear and expectation of those connections. Kind of like a dam near breaking into your conscious aspects of mind.

I think you're onto something, my social life has been heating up more. I usually sit in vocal silence for days or weeks at a time but recently I've been helping others more and there's a mark increase in my willfullness and spiritual sense. So maybe it is a chakra opening situation. Thank you Jeff.

6 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

in the same vein stretching all the body beforehand may be helpful

Good suggestion. Part of my practice involves stretching beforehand and afterwards, but I would appreciate if you can share some of your stretching maneuvers because maybe they are better. Mine come from my teacher but I rarely see him and I'm still learning to get them down properly in the order I was taught. It's almost like a form. 

16 hours ago, WayofChi said:

The average person has so many blockages in there body its ridiculous. If your working within a particular system it should have it's own methods of handling obstructions. 

My teacher who taught me this way has passed on, an I can not seem to reach him by calling on his spirit yet so I'm kinda just doing what I can.

But good advice, if you look.under my reply to Kar3n an have an idea of what that type of meditation is called I'd be very interested because my teacher didn't care to tell me the names of some things just how to do them.

20 hours ago, Spotless said:

It is common to have a considerasble amount of popping in this area during meditation.

Primarily core constrictions bound in ones life force - core pictures/beliefs/engrams vibrate to resonance and pop/release. They may be difficult to release and then these vibrations can venture in a number of directions. This is why in Yoga the postures are a helpful adjunct to meditation - they ease and distribute resonance energies that build during meditation and they also exercise sub-meridians against the main meridians and extend activity well into the Nadis and finer bodies.

These vibrations can if blocked and not able to pop the constriction or if one consistently leaves meditation at this time, then unwanted Kundalini fixation can become problematic as well as adrenal activity and sexual energies. Though this is all specific to your specific noted area of interest - the neck/head connection.

Simple neck excercises are very helpful and often simply a slight click or tilt of the head is all that is needed. 

At this juncture several main and sub-meridians / channels become especially energized - a slight tilt to one side or small crank of the head and the frictional result of the meridians and sub-meridians energetically pressured upon each other for even a millisecond is often enough to initiate a pop - as little as a twitch.

Try not to fixate upon a vibration originating from this - in general any fixation is not skillful means.

I haven't had a popping sound this time around, though once I did have a popping in my forehead area an a burning there. It affected my abilities to a degree, they came back stronger after that. My teacher at the time said not to worry bout it, an until you mentioned that i forgot bout it. I'd ask my teacher but theyve passed on.

what would that mean a pop, burning feeling, an abilities dampen then return stronger?

Just to say, Thank you to everyone for your answers. I feel fortunate to have all you experts assisting in my personal growth.

Edited by Hancock
  • Like 1

A fair amount of what you are talking about and the way in which you are talking is looking like "engineering based" practice fallout. It is also looking pretty serious - like medical consultation is in order. 

We are not aware of your eating habits and the variety of practices you are engaged in - but in just looking at you - you might want to look at pairing down all practice and also examine your eating habits and eating beliefs and theories.

A few years ago it seemed like half of the people here were in and out of psych wards, on meds and or recovering from breakdowns. This is relatively common with engineered practices - the ones where people choose meditation from the standpoint of the purposes they wish to obtain too -  vs an organic unfolding of simply Being IN meditation.

Hands vibrating and then dead skin all over ones hand the next day is right up there with - "we are all becoming concerned for you".

The Rabbits Way looks exciting and it is exciting until it is not - but the Rabbit is on a detour and has never actually "been in the race". 

Immediate health concerns are an appropriate focus.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Spotless said:

A fair amount of what you are talking about and the way in which you are talking is looking like "engineering based" practice fallout. It is also looking pretty serious - like medical consultation is in order. 

We are not aware of your eating habits and the variety of practices you are engaged in - but in just looking at you - you might want to look at pairing down all practice and also examine your eating habits and eating beliefs and theories.

A few years ago it seemed like half of the people here were in and out of psych wards, on meds and or recovering from breakdowns. This is relatively common with engineered practices - the ones where people choose meditation from the standpoint of the purposes they wish to obtain too -  vs an organic unfolding of simply Being IN meditation.

Hands vibrating and then dead skin all over ones hand the next day is right up there with - "we are all becoming concerned for you".

The Rabbits Way looks exciting and it is exciting until it is not - but the Rabbit is on a detour and has never actually "been in the race". 

Immediate health concerns are an appropriate focus.

Never heard of rabbit way or engineering meditation, sounds Interesting to look up, I'm just following practices passed on to me. But i often advance of natural tAlent and having done other metaphysical work. People say I'm taking shorts cuts or somehow cheating, but it's not. An it's just interesting experiences i keep having, an now describing it to make sure I'm not screwing myself up..that chin tilt though helped, then I did feel vibrating in other parts of the body so I tried to relax an chill.

I mean I quit doing that Golden Flower Meditation cause it attracted spirits to me like a magnet, an stuff began to move around whenever i practiced it. I wasn't interested in telekinesis and had stopped practicing it, so I stopped the gfm whether thats something it was intended to do or not the guy teaching me never would answer just told me to keep at it which I did til long after we quit discussing things.

The hair I find is because I so practiced brujeria an people were jealous and wanted my abilities, therefore enemies, they project negativity an hex it can manifest as hair or other items, when you are identifying it and removing it or at least how we practice it. If there's enough of us, we can even pool our power and bring the witches hex items to us.

Heck configured id address the stuff that happens, cause people seem to find it impossible and call me nuts or question my mental balance.

About The dead skin, it has washed away an my hand was all tingly and hot, there was no focus whatsoever on that hand except in Reiki. Now thinking bout it coulda been what my reiki teacher called splashbacks, part of whatever your healing kinda splashes onto you. I don't know.

I do some taiji ball practice an my left hand gets hot a lot. I've attributed it to a better flow of energy. But the dead skin thing is new an happened after it vibrated an I didn't think about it til I woke up an was doing hygiene stuff an saw left handbags flakes of dead skin an my right hand didn't. It wasn't a crAzy amount, but it was something I found odd because of the vibration thing. My hand is smooth now and for all intents an purposes I haven't noticed much of a difference.

I appreciate your concern for the mental health, but no I'm not a crazy. An as for eating habits, I eat to survive like the rest of us here. I do what I can to keep it healthy on my budget.

So if you've got other suggestions, id appreciate it. The world we live in is magical and weird, but we gotta drop expectations an be willing to see it for what it is, or else we might end up chasing it our who lives an when it shows its to us, we wont see it or it'll frighten the loss outta us, or we might try to pretend it's not real to protect our view of the world.

Here's the story:

Yeh Kung-tzu was a man who loved dragons. He studied dragon lore and decorated his home with paintings and statues of dragons. He would talk on and on about dragons to anyone who would listen.

One day a dragon heard about Yeh Kung-tzu and thought, how lovely that this man appreciates us. It would surely make him happy to meet a true dragon.

The kindly dragon flew to Yeh Kung-tzu's house and went inside, to find Yeh Kung-tzu asleep. Then Yeh Kung-tzu woke up and saw the dragon coiled by his bed, its scales and teeth glittering in the moonlight. And Yeh Kung-tzu screamed in terror.

Before the dragon could introduce himself, Yeh Kung-tzu grabbed a sword and lunged at the dragon. The dragon flew away.

Many generations of Chan and Zen teachers, including Dogen, have mentioned the true dragon story in their teachings. For example, Dogen wrote in Funkanzazengi, "I beseech you, noble friends in learning through experience, do not become so accustomed to images that you are dismayed by the true dragon."

Edited by Hancock
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Hancock said:

Just to say, Thank you to everyone for your answers. I feel fortunate to have all you experts assisting in my personal growth.

well, i think I told you before that I'm  no expert, just an idiot

14 hours ago, Hancock said:

Good suggestion. Part of my practice involves stretching beforehand and afterwards, but I would appreciate if you can share some of your stretching maneuvers because maybe they are better. Mine come from my teacher but I rarely see him and I'm still learning to get them down properly in the order I was taught. It's almost like a form. 

this is the nicest example of un-engineered stretching I can give you. And i do not mean that as a joke. Lay down, try to feel your body and stretch all parts of it. oh, and there is a recent thread on stretching somewhere

Spoiler

the rabbits way, I think Spotless means the story of the rabbit and the turtle. The turtle won.

In my practice there is almost no engineering, just do your sitting and standing and everything will happen all by itself. Oh, we do have some more specific exercises too, mainly to remove sick chi. But I remember well one guy saying it was boring to do the same small amount of exercise every-time. To which my teacher replied that for him it would be best to go back to only standing exercise and sitting. 

which I would be my advice to you too, with more time spent on a good grounding standing exercise then on sitting.

prostrations could be well too, that combines bodystretching, grounding and humility. But it all up to you of course.

oh, and about engineering, i read a post on turtlebreathing today, i think that would be a nice description of engineering. 

edit: typos

Edited by blue eyed snake
  • Like 1