Sign in to follow this  
Apech

Where's the Kunlun crowd these days?

It'd be great if there were some people on the forum well versed in the system. Though i think they were all shaken out of the forum via the Kunlun Wars many eons ago. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WayofChi said:

It'd be great if there were some people on the forum well versed in the system. Though i think they were all shaken out of the forum via the Kunlun Wars many eons ago. 

Where they go I wonder.  Used to be loads of them.

I went to the seminar years (pre-kunlun wars era) ago.  Had a great time, met other bums.  Max was fascinating.   Tried the system for a bit.  I liked its simplicity.  Not being very energy sensitive it wasn't for me.  Many reported strong phenomena quickly from it.  It is a unique kind of spontaneous qi gong system, which I hadn't been exposed to before. 

While not profound for me, it does release tension on a deep level and opens me up for a deeper quiet meditation afterwards.   For better or worse, no freakiness or snakes for me. 

Sometimes when I wake up late at night, in the washroom, I'll sit, hit the position and let the leg shaking and body swirling happen.  Haven't been caught by anyone yet, or maybe I have and they're keeping quiet over daddy's weird nocturnal behavior. 

That reminds me, I got into a little bit of trouble when I re-posted a side technique from an assistant and Max thought I was writing it myself, plus he considered the instructions flawed.  It had long breath holds, reminiscent of 9 bottle breathing.  These days I do Wim Hof breathing, I wonder if I could find it and see if it was worthwhile?  

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Apech said:

Where they go I wonder.  Used to be loads of them.

We've all successfully disappeared!

9185700_orig.jpg8461101_orig.jpg

What is the source of the HH Karmapa's pic, though?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, gendao said:

We've all successfully disappeared!

9185700_orig.jpg8461101_orig.jpg

What is the source of the HH Karmapa's pic, though?

Someone posted it on Facebook

Unless I've seen such things myself, I file such internet 'proofs' under the Maybe category.  If a friend has seen it, upgrade to the Probable file; depending on the friend.  B)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Question: Where`s the Kunlun crowd these days?

Answer: Members of our group are still here though we`re largely quiet for obvious reasons. -_-

Obvious reasons being?

3 hours ago, Apech said:

Obvious reasons being?

Bots programmed to jettison torrential diarrhea onto Kunlun discussions. 

You can purchase one for as low as $20 these days. 

Bleep, bloop.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

Bots programmed to jettison torrential diarrhea onto Kunlun discussions. 

You can purchase one for as low as $20 these days. 

Bleep, bloop.

Damn those bots - I have some nostalgia for those happy days of Kunlun and KAP.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Apech said:

Damn those bots - I have some nostalgia for those happy days of Kunlun and KAP.

Those were the days of bots being beta tested. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Answer: Members of our group are still here though we`re largely quiet for obvious reasons. -_-

Hey liminal, i am wondering, how long you been doing the practice and what kind of results have you gotten from it? 

Edited by WayofChi
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2017 at 1:54 PM, liminal_luke said:

16 hours ago, Apech said:

Obvious reasons being?

:ph34r: My original answer, which is an unattributed quote from another Bum who used those same words (or nearly those same words) in another context, was meant as a spoof.  

10 hours ago, WayofChi said:

Hey liminal, i am wondering, how long you been doing the practice and what kind of results have you gotten from it? 

Unfortuntely, my practice hasn`t been consistent enough to lead to the kind of the results that could usefully be listed here.  If you search the archives, you`ll find many testimonials, both positive and negative.  Max and his minions draw snickers from the spiritually jaded and photoshop savvy, but spontaneous movement qigung forums, like Kunlun, are ubiquitous and generally well-regarded.  What experienced practitioner has not done some form of shaking?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

What experienced practitioner has not done some form of shaking?

There are many types of shaking exercises in chi kung and there is also good spontaneous chi kung, but spastic flopping around on the floor like someone possessed by evil spirits is not one of them.

Edited by Starjumper

Sign in to follow this