MooNiNite

Herbs for Spiritual Development

Attended this man's lecture on herbs while I was in Mt. Shasta. 

It was very interesting to learn about each of the herbs.

This is a video about his book. 

If anyone has read this book ( i haven't) or has suggestions for "Spiritual Herbs." Please let me know.

Edited by MooNiNite
  • Like 6

Sounds interesting.

Something that comes to mind is that, with some herbs, the benefits may have more to do with the energetic and divine nature of them, than with the physical nature of them.

There was an Indian restaurant in my town, and the owner and chef was a very spiritually powerful man, and the food he cooked was blessed and had extreme healing energy.

After I ate there, I felt this freedom from fear, I felt powerful and healed of fear. It wasn't permanent, but I imagine if I ate there frequently, it could possibly have lasting effects.

I can bless food and give it healing power. I've done it before and I and the others who ate it were noticeably purified and healed.

It's not a special power I have - anyone can easily do it. Just say something like, 'I bless this food,' or, 'I offer love and light to this food.' Try it. It's easy and it works. I can almost guarantee you that you'll notice healing effects after you eat.

My point was that it's possible that, as with offering your blessing to food you eat, it may be that certain herbs have a powerful loving or divine energy, rather than a physical composition that heals (such as milk having calcium and therefore making your bones strong).

• Like 5

Gonna read that book :-)

I personally love Reishi, it didn't just have a tremendous effect on the healing of an illness I had for some time; it also connects to the deeper, spiritual layers of ones personality in an astonishing way 

Edited by phil
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, roger said:

Sounds interesting.

Something that comes to mind is that, with some herbs, the benefits may have more to do with the energetic and divine nature of them, than with the physical nature of them.

There was an Indian restaurant in my town, and the owner and chef was a very spiritually powerful man, and the food he cooked was blessed and had extreme healing energy.

After I ate there, I felt this freedom from fear, I felt powerful and healed of fear. It wasn't permanent, but I imagine if I ate there frequently, it could possibly have lasting effects.

I can bless food and give it healing power. I've done it before and I and the others who ate it were noticeably purified and healed.

It's not a special power I have - anyone can easily do it. Just say something like, 'I bless this food,' or, 'I offer love and light to this food.' Try it. It's easy and it works. I can almost guarantee you that you'll notice healing effects after you eat.

My point was that it's possible that, as with offering your blessing to food you eat, it may be that certain herbs have a powerful loving or divine energy, rather than a physical composition that heals (such as milk having calcium and therefore making your bones strong).

There are reliable studies that show the great healing effects of blessing food before eating it. 

Many, many highly interesting studies are shown in this book:

"Reality unveiled" (Free for Amazon Kindle Unlimited Users  which you can test 1month for free) https://www.amazon.de/Reality-Unveiled-Existence-Transform-English-ebook/dp/B01N392E8N/ref=tmm_kin_title_sr?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr= 

(It's a great book.)

Edited by phil
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, phil said:

There are reliable studies that show the great healing effects of blessing food before eating it. 

Many, many highly interesting studies are shown in this book:

"Reality unveiled" (Free for Amazon Kindle Unlimited Users  which you can test 1month for free) https://www.amazon.de/Reality-Unveiled-Existence-Transform-English-ebook/dp/B01N392E8N/ref=tmm_kin_title_sr?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr= 

(It's a great book.)

I always bless my food.  It is taught as part of the Stillness-Movement system.

• Like 6

Such blessing is possible without words too.  Reverence in how and what you eat. 

maybe that'll be my next million dollar idea.  the Reverence cook book- Getting Back the Sacred Slimmer You B)

• Like 1

Using herbs for spiritual purposes is a sort of spiritual addiction, IMO. Herbs have energetic properties but they are still a material substances and so you are mainly working with the physical body when you use them. The physical body is full of temporary and transitory states, and herbs are just enhancements, like drugs.

I can't count the number of spiritual practitioners I've met who had complex herbal practices that they relied on every single day to maintain their spiritual states.

I'm not saying it can't or shouldn't be done but it is rare to find someone who has the knowledge/wisdom of being able to finely balance their body in an individual, unique way every single day, and not get into a formulaic lifestyle where they're just pumping themselves with tonic herbs to feel elevated. The abuse is often subconscious and they don't even realize it... kind of like tea drinkers who just "love tea" but can't seem to avoid drinking it every single day.