Sign in to follow this  
Golden Dragon Shining

Native American Origins

"The analyses show that Native Americans carry about one-third European genes and two-thirds East Asian. This reveals a meeting between two branches of modern man: one branch that followed the east coast of Asia, and one that travelled east from Europe to the steppes of Asia."

http://sciencenordic.com/dna-links-native-americans-europeans

"East Asia is the eastern subregion of the Asian continent, which can be defined in either geographical[1] or ethno-cultural[2] terms. Geographically and geopolitically, it includes China (including Hong Kong and Macau), Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, Japan and Taiwan; it covers about 12,000,000 km2 (4,600,000 sq mi), or about 28% of the Asian continent." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Asia

"A series of European-style tools dating from twenty-six-thousand to nineteen-thousand years ago have been discovered in six separate locations along the east coast of the United States.

Archaeologists previously thought that America was populated by migrants making their way from Siberia to Alaska, and then spreading through the rest of the continent.

But the first of these Asian tribes started moving there about 15,500 years ago – and there is no evidence of human activity in Siberia or Alaska from before that time.

Professors Dennis Stanford and Bruce Bradford, the two archaeologists who made the discovery, suggest Europeans moved across the Atlantic during the peak of Ice Age." https://www.rt.com/news/stone-age-america-archaeologists-445/

"In “Across Atlantic Ice,” the authors trace the origins of Clovis culture from the Solutrean people, who occupied northern Spain and France more than 20,000 years ago. They believe that these people went on to populate America’s east coast, eventually spreading at least as far as Venezuela in South America."

"The Clovis culture is a prehistoric Paleo-Indian culture, named for distinct stone tools found in close association with Pleistocene fauna at Blackwater Locality No. 1 near Clovis, New Mexico, in the 1920s and 1930s. The Clovis culture appears around 11,500–11,000 uncal RCYBP[1] (uncalibrated radiocarbon years before present), at the end of the last glacial period, and is characterized by the manufacture of "Clovis points" and distinctive bone and ivory tools. Archaeologists' most precise determinations at present suggest that this radiocarbon age is equal to roughly 13,200 to 12,900 calendar years ago."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clovis_culture

Interestingly m
y DNA shows a close match to Clovis Montana, along with Hungary, Russia, Siberia ancient DNA, though modern shows as North-West European. 

• Like 1

That is pretty much my present understandings based on various studies.

Initial migrations appear to have been from both Europe and Asia.  Later migrations almost entirely from Asia.

And I still hold an understanding that the initial migrations started about 40,000 years ago.  (I actually can't recall where this understanding came from but it must have been pretty significant as it is still fixed in my brain.)

40 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

That is pretty much my present understandings based on various studies.

Initial migrations appear to have been from both Europe and Asia.  Later migrations almost entirely from Asia.

And I still hold an understanding that the initial migrations started about 40,000 years ago.  (I actually can't recall where this understanding came from but it must have been pretty significant as it is still fixed in my brain.)

You're old enough to just remember I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apech said:

You're old enough to just remember I guess.

Yeah, at my age it is good when I can remember where I put my truck keys.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Yeah, at my age it is good when I can remember where I put my truck keys.

Ha ha

Slightly off topic as this comment is not to do with native Americans, but this week I learnt that the Vikings managed to make it to North America in the 10th century. This is something I did not know before and only increases my respect for those ancient nutters.

They were well settled in North Scotland for a long period of time and there's quite a bit of Viking graffiti in various caves. It's quite common for school parties to take scratchings of these markings and take them back to school and translate into English. Unfortunately, rather than giving any deep insight into that great race, these scratching are normally along the lines of

... my name is Eric the Viking and my penis is much bigger than Rolf's ...

... my name is Viking Rolf, and I can categorically state that Eric's penis is much much smaller than mine ...

hmmmm - I think some things will never change, such as the fun to be had in taking the mick out of the size of your friend's cock.

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this