Sign in to follow this  
mYTHmAKER

Oil Pulling

How many are still practicing oil pulling.

What benefits have you received.

If you were oil pulling and stopped please tell us why.

Thanks

I stopped after six weeks because my dentist said two old fillings were becoming loose. I don't know if it was just a coincidence or what, but I got a few family members doing it, and I'm waiting to see what kind of results they get.

I stopped after six weeks because my dentist said two old fillings were becoming loose. I don't know if it was just a coincidence or what, but I got a few family members doing it, and I'm waiting to see what kind of results they get.

There are a few reasons why fillings might loosen -

1. Silver amalgam (mercury) fillings shrink over time, causing gaps where decay can set in, and loosening of the filling. Those fillings aren't even made to last more than about 10 years.

2. If you're doing practices to restore the teeth, the healthy tooth could be pushing the filling out!

It's also conceivable that your body is trying to get rid of the filling because it recognizes it as toxic. Even non-mercury composite fillings can cause immune reactions in many people. You want to get the material that's most biocompatible.

In any case, the oil pulling should help.

I don't oil pull on a regular basis, but judge intuitively how often my body wants it.

-Karen

2. If you're doing practices to restore the teeth, the healthy tooth could be pushing the filling out!

Hi,

do you have any examples for such practices?

I pull with sesame oil, but not regularly.

Edited by freesun

Never heard of this practice in my life o.O very nice should try it once :)

My fillings also get rejected by my body :/ also seems like energy swirls around the filling trying to push em out lol, well not lol actually it can be annoying.

do you have any examples for such practices?

Sure. Besides oil pulling:

1. Xylitol fights the acids that cause tooth decay, and can even help reverse cavities. There's xylitol chewing gum (that contains "natural flavors" and it's hard to know exactly what that is), but the gum is a good way to bathe the teeth in xylitol.

2. Use good quality celtic salt or himalayan salt to pack the problem tooth, leaving it on as long as possible, even overnight if possible.

3. Brush teeth with soap, never with toothpastes containing glycerin which coats the teeth and interferes with remineralization (All toothpastes contain glycerin even "natural" ones, except for one which is ridiculously expensive)

3. Proper diet to promote tooth remineralization

4. Homeopathy to remove the energetic disturbances causing the teeth to break down

5. Most importantly, emotional issues. Teeth are very symbolic of our sense of self, and issues with teeth are often pushing us to "face" something. No matter how perfect your diet is, unresolved emotional issues will keep your pH out of whack and the body will continue producing endotoxins until you can find the balance on a deeper level.

Usually teeth problems are just a reflection of some deeper inner conflict that can be resolved without surgery - dentists are basically surgeons, and we don't go to surgeons every time we have symptoms! So it's pretty bizarre that we run to the dentist to surgically fix every tooth problem.

-Karen

Karen, i'd never heard of xylitol before, thanks for mentioning it.

So i had a bit of a look for some info about it, here's some of what i found:

http://www.xylitol.com.au/g/176/about-xylitol.html

Xylitol looks, feels, and tastes exactly like sugar. Although that is where the similarities end! Xylitol is really sugar's mirror image. While sugar wreaks havoc on the body, xylitol heals and repairs. It also builds immunity. Xylitol is a five-carbon sugar which means that it is anti-microbial, preventing the growth of bacteria. While sugar is acid-forming, xylitol is alkaline enhancing. All other forms of sugar are sic-carbon sugars which feed dangerous bacteria and fungi.

Xylitol has been shown in numerous clinical studies to be very slowly metabolized. The Glycaemic Index measures how quickly foods enter the bloodstream. Sugar has a 100 GI and xylitol has only 7. The lower the GI the better.

This makes it the perfect sweetener for those who are on controlled diets as well as people who are looking for a suitable alternative to what they currently are offered. Along with significantly cutting down on sugar and carbohydrate cravings, xylitol causes none of the abrupt rises and falls of insulin that occur with consumption of sugar.It is beneficial to both adults & children. Over 1,500 scientific studies have found that the more you use xylitol, the more you can eliminate sugar cravings, reduce insulin levels, and alkalinize your body.

Karen and Matt, thanks for the information and the link,sounds like a wonderful alternative to sugar.

Intresting, my chewing gum has xylitol as the second ingredient (Wrigleys Extra Professional) but it has a heap of other cr#p in there too.

I'm intrested in tooth health. No fillings, no trip to the dentist (18 yrs) no pain. But eventually something will go wrong so

What benefits have you received.

It seem to be ....... benefits so far = feels good to do; Loosens fillings

Intresting, my chewing gum has xylitol as the second ingredient (Wrigleys Extra Professional) but it has a heap of other cr#p in there too.

:) And chewing gum is not a great thing to do as a habit, as it overstimulates digestive enzymes. But a good quality xylitol gum in moderation, for helping teeth, I think not a bad compromise.

BTW, there are some xylitol chewing gum products touted as "natural" and all that, which contain glycerin, so watch out of that. And many of the natural dental hygiene products including mouth rinses contain glycerin because it "soothes" gums (and skin). The way it does that is by drawing moisture from deeper layers so the top layer feels more supple. (What's wrong with this picture!)

-Karen

I don't oil pull on a regular basis, but judge intuitively how often my body wants it.

-Karen

Karen what have you specifically healed or been given relief with oil pulling

Sme question to all

Thanks

I was told I have some mercury toxicity due to my amalgam fillings leaking...so I want to get them safely remov ed and replaced with mercury-free fillings.

But, I have no clue about this procedure. Anyone got any tips or good websites?

Thanks! B)

Sign in to follow this