Sign in to follow this  
Superfaz29

Path to enlightenment

Nearly four years ago, my best friend came across a Daoist master while backpacking across South America. He demonstrated his power by throwing him to the ground without even touching him and even saw a glowing green and blue energy substance emanating from his fingers during evening Tai Chi practice. His stories of this man ignited a flame that has consumed my entire life.

After vigorous training and continuous research of the origins, roots and different sects of qigong I finally managed to fly out and train with the legend if a man that ignited my passion in the first place. 

My life is now completely entwined with the path of the Tao and training to achieve the highest level of power I can achieve in this lifetime. Humans were meant to be so much more than we are today, I hope to rediscover what we once were and be an example of what we can actually become if we dedicate the effort in training and meditation.

• Like 7

Hello Superfaz29, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Super,

Yes, first hand experiences are very important to us.  Sounds like yours has led you down a path you are enjoying.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 2

Qigong masters sharing their views of Meridians

Started by bambooSeptember 19, 2013

You may enjoy reading and contributing to the above topic - there are two of the same name - the older one mentioned above has quite a few comments. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Superfaz29 said:

Humans were meant to be so much more than we are today, I hope to rediscover what we once were and be an example of what we can actually become if we dedicate the effort in training and meditation.

True. Learn well. :ph34r:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Superfaz29 said:

Humans were meant to be so much more than we are today

Hi Superfaz29,

You by this?

The purpose of human life is to serve, and to show compassion and the will to help others. - Albert Schweitzer

A passion for compassion?

- LimA

22 hours ago, Superfaz29 said:

I hope to rediscover what we once were and be an example of what we can actually become if we dedicate the effort in training and meditation.

Hi Superfaz29,

Is this flow acceptable?

Train => Meditate => Rediscover => 'Once were' => 'Actually become'.

Through compassion?

- LimA

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Superfaz29 said:

I finally managed to fly out and train with the legend if a man that ignited my passion in the first place. 

Hi Superfaz29,

But of course. He ignited your compassion in the first instance

But you used compassion as a good compassion to fly out?

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement of sentence.

7 hours ago, Limahong said:

Is this flow acceptable?

Train => Meditate => Rediscover => 'Once were' => 'Actually become'.

Through compassion?

Compassion: A Religion for All

Essay by His Holiness the Dalai Lama. 

This teaching is an excerpt from Healing Anger, a teaching by His Holiness based on "A Guide to the Bodhisattva's Way of Life.

Compassion can be roughly defined in terms of a state of mind that is non-violent and non-harming, or non- aggressive. Because of this there is a danger of confusing compassion with attachment and intimacy.

So we find that there are two types of love or compassion. On the one hand is compassion or love which is based on attachment or which is tinged with attachment. That type of love or compassion and feeling of intimacy is quite partial and biased, and it is based very much on the consideration that the object of one's affection or attachment is someone who is dear or close to one.

On the other hand, genuine compassion is free from such attachment. There the motivation is not so much that this person is my friend, is dear to me or related to me. Rather, genuine compassion is based on the rationale that just as I do, others also have this innate desire to be happy and overcome suffering; just as I do, they have the natural right to fulfil this fundamental aspiration. Based on that recognition of this fundamental equality and commonality, one develops a sense of affinity and closeness, and based on that, one will generate love and compassion. That is genuine compassion.

It is also very clear that one's level of intelligence or wisdom is a complementary factor that will determine the intensity and the depth of one's compassion. In Buddhism, there are discussions of three principal types of compassion.

One is a compassion that is not complemented by any wisdom factors.

A second level of compassion is complemented by insight into the transient nature of sentient beings, their impermanent nature.

At the third level of compassion, called non-objectified compassion, the complementary factor is wisdom or insight into the ultimate nature of reality. At this level one sees the empty nature of sentient beings, and that insight reinforces one's compassionate attitude towards sentient beings. Even though this type of genuine compassion and infinite altruism is something that needs to be consciously cultivated and developed, we all possess the basis or potential for such enhancement and such development."

- LimA

World religions too often seem predicated on prejudice, when their true roots lie in compassion

On 8/31/2017 at 11:52 AM, Superfaz29 said:

My life is now completely entwined with the path of the Tao and training to achieve the highest level of power I can achieve in this lifetime

Good morning Superfaz29,

I like your introduction especially the above line, and in particular - "to achieve".

Thank you for your 'Superfaz29 thanks this'.

Is it possible for me to engage thoughts on compassion before I go any further.

Without any responses from anyone, it is difficult for me to figure out if I am on the right track.

A good weekend.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement of sentence.

3 hours ago, Limahong said:

Sure, I'm still getting used to the basics of learning how to navigate and respond on the forum. In what regards to compassion exactly?

2 hours ago, Superfaz29 said:

In what regards to compassion exactly?

Hi Superfaz29,

Thank you for the response. Appreciate.

What regards

Compassion: A Religion for All?

Yes/no?

Thanks again.

-LimA

Edited by Limahong

2 hours ago, Superfaz29 said:

In what regards to compassion exactly?

Hi Superfaz29,

More on compassion:

The simplest acts of kindness are by far more powerful then a thousand heads bowing in prayer.

“No one has ever become poor by giving.” 
Anne Frank

“For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.” 

“Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.” 
Dalai Lama XIVThe Art of Happiness

“There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.” 
John Holmes

“Our task must be to free ourselves... by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and it's beauty.” 
Albert Einstein

Clearer now

Compassion: A Religion for All?

Yes/no?

- LimA
Edited by Limahong
Enhancement of sentence.

3 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

"Compassion: a choice for all?"

Hi Lost in Translation,

Great. I agree. "Choice" is a better word. Less confusing and less sensitive. Will let Dalai Lama know your suggestion which I have seconded.

Also "choice" is more benevolent and compassionate. Amazing coming from one who is lost.

So is (will) compassion (be) one of your chosen paths to enlightenment? Yes/no?

Am I on the wrong track? Yes/no?

Since it is the weekend, simple 'yes/no''s will suffice.

A great weekend.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement of sentence.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lost in Translation said:

Yes.

Hi Lost in Translation,

Your "Yes" is pretty emphatic to me. Why?

I am waiting for a response such as yours before I post the following video. I do not like to appear that I am posting out of the blue.

The video is on - The Great Compassion Mantra:

Thank you.

Good night.

- LimA

I posted an article under Tian Shen Monastry section explaining my stance on compassion. I believe that compassion is the ultimate goal yet also obstacle in the lifelong process of enlightenment. While training with Steve Gray at his monastery we used the I Ching to ask the Universe a question with the coin tossing technique. I asked  universe if I would ever be pure enough while here on Earth to speak directly with God. The answer I received from the book translation was River over River, a very clear Cut message that I must serve all others and love all others before I can achieve this state. I believe that once a practitioner can achieve a certain level of enlightenment, that the compassion and love for all people on Earth is something that one can't help but feel and you can see not only our visible dimension but all dimensions including the visual beauty that love emits. Hopefully one day we could all achieve this.

As another student ( online) of Mr Gray it’s nice to meet you. 🙏🙏

From what I’ve experienced in a short time I don't doubt the positive things/ special abilities you gained from training in Tien Shan Neikung.

Warm regards! 🙏🙏

Sign in to follow this