Hancock

Social Power

Ever do something extraordinary like move an object or levitate or predict something with accuracy, then have someone say but wasn't possible. So you go to show them, an it either doesn't work or is less than before. It's cause humans have a collective social bank of power that is fueled by the energy of humankind as a whole, an there's specific ways to tap into it.

Like when you win an argument with someone and you're "in the right", you gain a boost of energy as well as self satisfaction. Because your drawing in from the person you won the argument with, as well as the subconscious agreement of society that states whoever is in the right, is also allowed a bigger share (but they have to get others to agree they are right). 

This brings about power dynamics and social struggles from strong willed individuals who want to tap into the power of agreement for whatever reason.

I came across this after realizing around other reiki practitioners I was stronger, but if i was the only one in my area it wasn't the best. The same with the gym, if I was around people who work out hard it lifted me up an informed out harder, like there was a flow of energy that just kept me going. But if it was just me and someone else, it lacked the same dynamism.

I realized my lack of cultivation left me sensitive to others intentions as well as a sort of group empathy that was basically a majority rules energy flow.

But what really clinched it was I left on an out of town trip, I was travelling where there weren't many people, an as I left it felt like hooks and weights that were on me just snapped off an I was freer feeling than I had been in a long time. Experimented with pooling the wind together on the trees and then stopping it, meditated an it felt clearer, an it was great I understood why lots of people instinctively want to be alone, to escape the weird social pressure exerted by the subconscious minds of others.

It's why people want to look good, or have respect, or save face, or be charismatic. They want to develop that social power, and avoid that social pressure from others subconscious. That's why its easier at night to do rituals and practices because most people's unconsciously are utilising their 'magical self' elsewhere an aren't upkeeping that social pressure.

I notice if i feel or think a certain thing, others will be effected and subconsciously act on it. I was clearing land, an thought I'd like some water. I looked at my fellow worker, he looked like he was on autopilot just working away, but he stopped what he was doing and asked if I want thirsty. in said sure, an then he went and got us some water, even though he always drank pepsi even in blistering heat.

I've been at the bank an when they were counting my money, I'd mentally think they're counting it wrong. When she handed it back, I didn't touch it an asked her to count it out in front of me. She had over done it an I would've walked away with an extra $50 if I was dishonest.

At the mall, I might sit and see someone who's cute, so I think for then to turn around. An more often than not they will, but if they are focused they usually keep going forward.

Those are some examples of how our conscious awareness of interconnectivity  can be tapped. 

So what's your take on how to avoid or cancel the effects of the social subconscious power dynamic?

Also what are ways you notice people can tap into the collective subconscious power humans generate ?

Sound like talk about ego and fear of failure.

I don't advertise my abilities.  That way no one knows what I am capable of.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Sound like talk about ego and fear of failure.

I don't advertise my abilities.  That way no one knows what I am capable of.

Makes sense buyout whAt's your view on social dynamics an the power of others subconscious an how it interacts with us an our freedom of being?

I used abilities as an example, but it's something I've found also influencing our way of thinking  and behavior. Outside of groups our mind becomes freer, hell people even talk bout it subconsciously when they say they went hiking an felt a sense of peace an harmony an connection with nature, etc

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Makes sense buyout whAt's your view on social dynamics an the power of others subconscious an how it interacts with us an our freedom of being?

I try to have no views.  (That's not easy.)

Things change, people change.  Other people don't effect me much at all.  I have my life and if they aren't a part of it then nothing of them matters.

And yes, getting away from all the drama of life by going on a hike or some such thing brings us back to who we really are.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Things change, people change.  Other people don't effect me much at all.  I have my life and if they aren't a part of it then nothing of them matters.

And yes, getting away from all the drama of life by going on a hike or some such thing brings us back to who we really are.

We always have a view, even if it is to believe we have no view for the sake of a send of inner peace and to not conflict with opposing views. Denying our perceptions and nature is against the Two. We're to flow with it, in our individual way. Encompassing all that we are, yet understanding that it doesn't have to intrude or injure another living being. My view.

Trying to have no views isn't easy becAuse I'm not sure how you do that personally, but denying your own view point of trying to lock it away or discard it, is also against our nature. We wouldn't have it if it as meant to be apart of us for some reason, that's where consciousness and self awareness come into being. 

Becoming conscious of why we hesitate to agree or disagree before you try to not have some view is something I suggest for you old timer. Look into the roots of your views and emotions and where the seeds came from, trace it back, and see if it's worth keeping and know why you are keeping or discarding it. That way you are like the body itself, taking in nourishment, every growing, an excreting what is no longer needed. Sometimes things might get stuck in the bowels, thank goodness for cleanses lol and detoxes, but in its natural state the body repairs itself and exists as it is growing and mutating with the flow of life.w

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hancock said:

We always have a view, even if it is to believe we have no view for the sake of a send of inner peace and to not conflict with opposing views. Denying our perceptions and nature is against the Two. We're to flow with it, in our individual way. Encompassing all that we are, yet understanding that it doesn't have to intrude or injure another living being. My view.

Oh, I have my opinions.  You are well aware of that.  But my opinions of others don't really matter because they are what/who they are regardless of my opinions.

But my opinions of what I should do in my life matters a bunch.  A whole bunch.  But I am a realist, remember?  Yes, a materialist.  Things change and if those changes effect my life then I must adapt to the changes.

Trying to have no views isn't easy becAuse I'm not sure how you do that personally, but denying your own view point of trying to lock it away or discard it, is also against our nature. We wouldn't have it if it as meant to be apart of us for some reason, that's where consciousness and self awareness come into being.

Thais because our brain functions within the world of dualities.  All the opposites; good/bad, praise/blame, etc.

So we seek what we think is positive for our self.  But then, we need remember that out thinking is oftentimes flawed.

Becoming conscious of why we hesitate to agree or disagree before you try to not have some view is something I suggest for you old timer.

In most cases there is no time for that.  We must rely on our intuition.  And this is based in our subconscious mind where all our biases are.

Look into the roots of your views and emotions and where the seeds came from, trace it back, and see if it's worth keeping and know why you are keeping or discarding it. That way you are like the body itself, taking in nourishment, every growing, an excreting what is no longer needed. Sometimes things might get stuck in the bowels, thank goodness for cleanses lol and detoxes, but in its natural state the body repairs itself and exists as it is growing and mutating with the flow of life.w

I don't need to do that any more.  I have found peace and contentment.

My body grows older, my experiences grow older.  Life goes on until it doesn't.  There's no time left for me to consider what I want to be when I grow up.

• Like 1

Social paradigms , can influence our own ideas, ,,  but so can a sunny day , wet feet , a full belly.  

That's just how it is, I am most at peace when the things around me are not people.

When there are people , I find it hard not to get wrapped up in that.

Real conversations whip along , with little reflection being done , on whats being implied on a broader scale. 

So , What is making folks tick, may be lost in a confusion born or reactive responses,

and what starts out as a desire to be helpful , to interact, to find that -common ground- we want to be on,,

becomes some kind of gladiatorial confrontation.

Each person then is struggling to maintain and present their actual view, in the presence of..  alternate ones,

and either hoping the other side will 'see- the- light' that is so obvious to us .  ( which almost never happens ) 

or they are just looking to keep themselves un-conflicted , and respectable  ,,to,  

Preserve ones dignity and integrity , in a situation which someone elses view is what hangs in the balance. 

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Oh, I have my opinions.  You are well aware of that.  But my opinions of others don't really matter because they are what/who they are regardless of my opinions.

But my opinions of what I should do in my life matters a bunch.  A whole bunch.  But I am a realist, remember?  Yes, a materialist.  Things change and if those changes effect my life then I must adapt to the changes.

Thais because our brain functions within the world of dualities.  All the opposites; good/bad, praise/blame, etc.

So we seek what we think is positive for our self.  But then, we need remember that out thinking is oftentimes flawed.

In most cases there is no time for that.  We must rely on our intuition.  And this is based in our subconscious mind where all our biases are.

I don't need to do that any more.  I have found peace and contentment.

My body grows older, my experiences grow older.  Life goes on until it doesn't.  There's no time left for me to consider what I want to be when I grow up.

Agreed on opinions being personally important.

I'm not sure the brain functions on duality, it does a lot of things at once. It is our little slice of brain we call me, that can be said to function in a perceived duality..but even that us just outmoded. If it's given thought, the duality of the mind is no longer a realistic view of the human cognition, though in old cultures it might have been but we've mutated an grown collectively since then.

People seeking only positive really miss me off, they deny the other side of the coin and don't realize that all they are doing is building a wall up that will eventually collapse on them or those around them. The best points of view are a realistic view of what is there from a unbiased perception. It takes training but anyone can reach it and make it as functional as seeing with the eyes or smelling with the nose.

I don't think much unless I need to calculate things. I had an experience an my mind stays calm all the time, unless I deliberately put it to use. 

Quick example, say your name in your head. Then ask what is your name. 

The you saying your name is your deliberate consciousness. When you ask the question a second time, if you get any reply back, that's the subconscious mind. Most random thoughts come from the subconscious mind, mine shut up years ago.

Not reviewing your life, leaves lingering subconscious biases. If you unravel them by consciously delving into yourself, your mind will be free and clear and you might even retain consciousness after death instead of becoming like most dead people. Kind of weird incomplete beings, who don't retain all that they are. Very similar to Alzheimer's patience, which I've had experiences with them both.

Death is like when you dream,except it's more perma. Where you blast off too at death, you stay there til your 'juice' runs out. Five years of five hundred, depends on your bioenergy that's seeped into your spirit at the time you die.

Anyhow it's a weird world we live in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stosh said:

Social paradigms , can influence our own ideas, ,,  but so can a sunny day , wet feet , a full belly.  

That's just how it is, I am most at peace when the things around me are not people.

When there are people , I find it hard not to get wrapped up in that.

Real conversations whip along , with little reflection being done , on whats being implied on a broader scale. 

So , What is making folks tick, may be lost in a confusion born or reactive responses,

and what starts out as a desire to be helpful , to interact, to find that -common ground- we want to be on,,

becomes some kind of gladiatorial confrontation.

Each person then is struggling to maintain and present their actual view, in the presence of..  alternate ones,

and either hoping the other side will 'see- the- light' that is so obvious to us .  ( which almost never happens ) 

or they are just looking to keep themselves un-conflicted , and respectable  ,,to,  

Preserve ones dignity and integrity , in a situation which someone elses view is what hangs in the balance. 

People influence each other's energy and power levels subconsciously anytime they're in contact. Most don't feel it because they're concerned with what they are doing an kinda tune it out over the course of their life.

But some feel it and it's even in our language, "wow you're glowing", "that dude is giving off a creepy vibe".

However when there is a group of people who agree or do something together, you can feel that too. It can even influence the outcome of something because it's a pool of these people's power. An since we are so interconnected nowadays it is difficult to be free from the subconscious influences of others, even in our own groups.

These social power dynamics are discussed in relationships, in tv shows we see them in the news, or in history like the hippies and civil rights movement. Even convens, people who deliberately gather together to pool magical resources an practice things or in temples and churches. These places even resonate with the  focused power of the group's that gather there. 

Any individual who goes against the group is usually burdened by the groups power, an it's so natural people never stop to examine it. You walk into a meeting late and get disapproving looks, which sinks your energy levels. You get judged for saying something incorrectly. You do something independent and become labelled. 

These are ways social dynamics control us. Not all of them are bad, not all of them are good. I'm just pointing out that they are there and asking what you think about them.

Social dynamics can subconsciously influence us, to me this is the worse way we can be manipulated. Because we don't consciously know, unless we meditate and do subconscious work to understand where we pick up our "stuff".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hancock said:

People influence each other's energy and power levels subconsciously anytime they're in contact. Most don't feel it because they're concerned with what they are doing an kinda tune it out over the course of their life.

But some feel it and it's even in our language, "wow you're glowing", "that dude is giving off a creepy vibe".

However when there is a group of people who agree or do something together, you can feel that too. It can even influence the outcome of something because it's a pool of these people's power. An since we are so interconnected nowadays it is difficult to be free from the subconscious influences of others, even in our own groups.

These social power dynamics are discussed in relationships, in tv shows we see them in the news, or in history like the hippies and civil rights movement. Even convens, people who deliberately gather together to pool magical resources an practice things or in temples and churches. These places even resonate with the  focused power of the group's that gather there. 

Any individual who goes against the group is usually burdened by the groups power, an it's so natural people never stop to examine it. You walk into a meeting late and get disapproving looks, which sinks your energy levels. You get judged for saying something incorrectly. You do something independent and become labelled. 

These are ways social dynamics control us. Not all of them are bad, not all of them are good. I'm just pointing out that they are there and asking what you think about them.

Social dynamics can subconsciously influence us, to me this is the worse way we can be manipulated. Because we don't consciously know, unless we meditate and do subconscious work to understand where we pick up our "stuff".

I can't , and don't wish to deny any of that. I was presenting my own .. template .. my view on how the dynamics work which doesn't require , what I consider, vague references to energies. I must admit though that my template isn't for everyone but I think it has predictive power , and potentially suggests ways to improve social situations , which energies do not.  What I am suggesting is a way to see folks in a less unflattering light , not for their benefit, but for the reader. Its a cold world when we think everyone around us is an idiot , or that we can't find ways to relate. Its up to you whether you consider this bait to look tempting. Most of us come to worldviews which , have served us in the past , and we just don't want to make major shifts in it. 

1 minute ago, Stosh said:

I can't , and don't wish to deny any of that. I was presenting my own .. template .. my view on how the dynamics work which doesn't require , what I consider, vague references to energies. I must admit though that my template isn't for everyone but I think it has predictive power , and potentially suggests ways to improve social situations , which energies do not.  What I am suggesting is a way to see folks in a less unflattering light , not for their benefit, but for the reader. Its a cold world when we think everyone around us is an idiot , or that we can't find ways to relate. Its up to you whether you consider this bait to look tempting. Most of us come to worldviews which , have served us in the past , and we just don't want to make major shifts in it. 

I was mind a talking bout something I noticed and experienced as a sort of fact.

Never mind though, it sounds nuts even talking bout it. Just out of curiosity wanted to see what other people knew bout it it's why i posted this thread hoping someone would comment on the energetic social dynamics.

If I were to try to be sciency with this, I guess I'd say that the shared collective power is a form of energy relating to the Observer affect. Even going as far as to say it is our focus that's really produces the results in the so called magical community or.esoteric or even in daily life. Our focus concentrates our energies but since there's lack of control for most people it's like they walk around thinking they'll are shooting blanks but they really are shooting bullets. But I'm no scientist lol. An I ain't going to pretend my method is science. I just experience things and relay the information usually. If you got a science view on it or other view I'd appreciate it cause I like to learn.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hancock said:

I was mind a talking bout something I noticed and experienced as a sort of fact.

Never mind though, it sounds nuts even talking bout it. Just out of curiosity wanted to see what other people knew bout it it's why i posted this thread hoping someone would comment on the energetic social dynamics.

If I were to try to be sciency with this, I guess I'd say that the shared collective power is a form of energy relating to the Observer affect. Even going as far as to say it is our focus that's really produces the results in the so called magical community or.esoteric or even in daily life. Our focus concentrates our energies but since there's lack of control for most people it's like they walk around thinking they'll are shooting blanks but they really are shooting bullets. But I'm no scientist lol. An I ain't going to pretend my method is science. I just experience things and relay the information usually. If you got a science view on it or other view I'd appreciate it cause I like to learn.

Well if my science type view sheds light , thats a good step.

At The very least , it gives you a venue to express your own angle. 

To the shooting bullets of hurtful energy , if I can paraphrase ,  I would make the analogy of what is called 'casual brutality'.

To me , minds are possessed by  individuals , and any collective mind , would be the um .. feedback and interplay of the emotions-sentiments of the individuals. 

We, I , was taught to be rather rough, in my family , sarcasm was The method of conversation. It was really very negative energy. As I have gotten older, I see a lot of this kind of 'casual brutality' , and another kind , which is just as bad, and that is the 'unspoken disparagement'. One learns to read between the lines , and those messages aren't warm and cuddly either .( At least the overt stuff gives one an opportunity to defend themselves) . You're right though, any way you slice it , the energies getting wildly and sloppily flung about are often ,,, overlooked. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Well if my science type view sheds light , thats a good step.

At The very least , it gives you a venue to express your own angle. 

To the shooting bullets of hurtful energy , if I can paraphrase ,  I would make the analogy of what is called 'casual brutality'.

To me , minds are possessed by  individuals , and any collective mind , would be the um .. feedback and interplay of the emotions-sentiments of the individuals. 

We, I , was taught to be rather rough, in my family , sarcasm was The method of conversation. It was really very negative energy. As I have gotten older, I see a lot of this kind of 'casual brutality' , and another kind , which is just as bad, and that is the 'unspoken disparagement'. One learns to read between the lines , and those messages aren't warm and cuddly either .( At least the overt stuff gives one an opportunity to defend themselves) . You're right though, any way you slice it , the energies getting wildly and sloppily flung about are often ,,, overlooked. 

I want you to try something for me. Let me know how it works out. Let's call it an experiment.

Go outside an look at the top of a tree where the air and the tree meet, right at that space in general. Let your eyes move along that edge til you see a sort of glow or film like deal around it. You'll know what I'm talking bout once you see it.

Now try to feel inside that glow, the same way you would check on your stomach if your hungry or if your thirsty, or if you feel good or not. Just it's for something other than you. Try to feel it for a bit and report back what you get.

I mean this literally , no minds eye, no meditation beforehand, just straight up doing it.

Over time as it develops there's a sense of just knowing undoubtedly but without words, it's like directly communicating with the soul of any thing you focus on, or at least assessing its state of being. It's difficult to put into words but its something you know when you experience it. 

Your family seems to train each other with sarcasm, helping each other get stronger by gentle attacks here and there so as to remain tough. As well as a bit of the interpersonal power play so as to keep each other on its toes, but also to create a deep bond. Similar to how soldiers create bonds sometimes when they go to war and fight. Some get respect for their brothers in arms.

• Like 1

My opinion from my studies and experiences is that is happening because people are dying. Extremely weak energetically and no control over ones mind. I mean, most such influences are relatively weak and they are similar to astrology or other such natural currents. If increased, say you're portrayed in a negative light on TV and millions of people exert little influence on you, it adds up similar to a curse. The evil eye is another example but stronger power exerted by one person instead.  

Also, concentration/high mentation allows one to surpass this. Just as it allows the cultivator to surpass the influences of the stars, which can be tought of as creatures just like humans, except much larger, hence its so easy for them to influence us.  

Live with it, or get stronger. ... and if you do you can use this towards your advantage when doing business with normal people. Its like gravity. We and our minds are like planets/objects in space. We're both affects by gravity and influence with it. But if we become galaxies, planets or such objects shouldnt bother anymore :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hancock said:

Not reviewing your life, leaves lingering subconscious biases. If you unravel them by consciously delving into yourself, your mind will be free and clear and you might even retain consciousness after death instead of becoming like most dead people. Kind of weird incomplete beings, who don't retain all that they are. Very similar to Alzheimer's patience, which I've had experiences with them both.

Death is like when you dream,except it's more perma. Where you blast off too at death, you stay there til your 'juice' runs out. Five years of five hundred, depends on your bioenergy that's seeped into your spirit at the time you die.

Anyhow it's a weird world we live in.

Nice post except for this last paragraph which I do not agree with.

Other than that I have no disagreement with what you said nor anything to add to it.

53 minutes ago, Arramu said:

My opinion from my studies and experiences is that is happening because people are dying. Extremely weak energetically and no control over ones mind. I mean, most such influences are relatively weak and they are similar to astrology or other such natural currents. If increased, say you're portrayed in a negative light on TV and millions of people exert little influence on you, it adds up similar to a curse. The evil eye is another example but stronger power exerted by one person instead.  

Also, concentration/high mentation allows one to surpass this. Just as it allows the cultivator to surpass the influences of the stars, which can be tought of as creatures just like humans, except much larger, hence its so easy for them to influence us.  

Live with it, or get stronger. ... and if you do you can use this towards your advantage when doing business with normal people. Its like gravity. We and our minds are like planets/objects in space. We're both affects by gravity and influence with it. But if we become galaxies, planets or such objects shouldnt bother anymore :)

Yes exactly what I'm talking bout!!!

I'm curious how do you suggest ways to get stronger?

31 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Nice post except for this last paragraph which I do not agree with.

Other than that I have no disagreement with what you said nor anything to add to it.

Not all death is the same, but there is a universal affect that happens on an energetic level. When most biological based beings, animals humans trees, fish, etc it's a burst of energy that releases their life force from the body and whatever insect is held together by a pattern of consciousness that over time degrades because it runs down over time.

Some people choose to develop the life force and merge their consciousness with it, so at the moment of death it's more like a bird breaking out of its shell and they are very different from people who died the other way. But I invite you to look into the matter personally. I suggest visiting a cemetery, or using the energetic senses on someone who is near the moment of death. Though that's a bit morbid. I personally didn't need to seek these things out, just happened to be there and consciously aware enough to see for myself what happens.

If you're Star Trek, it's like in thAt second remake movie, where Spock joins consciousness with the dieing guy. Anyhow this is kinda a socially taboo issue to discuss so ima just 

16716174_603895006465670_8291135845331024210_o.thumb.jpg.93c899b9f12baa9b85ca00b12875c4b1.jpg

14 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Not all death is the same, but there is a universal affect that happens on an energetic level. When most biological based beings, animals humans trees, fish, etc it's a burst of energy that releases their life force from the body and whatever insect is held together by a pattern of consciousness that over time degrades because it runs down over time.

Some people choose to develop the life force and merge their consciousness with it, so at the moment of death it's more like a bird breaking out of its shell and they are very different from people who died the other way. But I invite you to look into the matter personally. I suggest visiting a cemetery, or using the energetic senses on someone who is near the moment of death. Though that's a bit morbid. I personally didn't need to seek these things out, just happened to be there and consciously aware enough to see for myself what happens.

If you're Star Trek, it's like in thAt second remake movie, where Spock joins consciousness with the dieing guy. Anyhow this is kinda a socially taboo issue to discuss so ima just 

You aren't far off from my understanding.  Remember, I was twenty years Army.  I have seen death.  I have seen it while it was happening.

There is a big difference between metamorphosis and death.  No comparison, really.

I don't do Star Trek.

I do not accept the concept of consciousness after (brain) death.

But yes, when anything dies there is energy that is released into the universe.  This energy never dies but it is not what it used to be.  And there is a good chance it will become a part of something else.

1 hour ago, Marblehead said:

You aren't far off from my understanding.  Remember, I was twenty years Army.  I have seen death.  I have seen it while it was happening.

There is a big difference between metamorphosis and death.  No comparison, really.

I don't do Star Trek.

I do not accept the concept of consciousness after (brain) death.

But yes, when anything dies there is energy that is released into the universe.  This energy never dies but it is not what it used to be.  And there is a good chance it will become a part of something else.

Well its not consciousness like the biological stuff we have in our everyday life, it's so mad to the consciousness in our dreams or out of body experiences. The issue is refining it to be more self aware and capable when it's outside the body cause when we die it takes on a different more permanent state because it's absorbs some of our bioenergies.

In the long run it breaks Down usually becAuse the pattern of the person's mind cannot hold it together much longer..that'd where people get ideas of reincarnation from, strong memories and ideas that are absorbed energetically and passed down thru to the next generation so the experiences are helpful. This is a universe where things try to improve on themselves constantly by absorbing other things, vegetarians absorb plants, Animals absorb each other, beings without bodies try to absorb our energies. 

It is whAt it is, a universe of warriors who fight challenge after chAllenge to reach a certain state of being. That state is where they longer need to absorb externAl things to survive. 

There's stuff we can believe til the cows come home an it might even hAve an effect on because of our energy levels, still there's others that are going to be independently true of us regArdless of our belief in them. The challenging part is learning to discern the difference and living by the real rules of how it is.

9 hours ago, Hancock said:

Well its not consciousness like the biological stuff we have in our everyday life, it's so mad to the consciousness in our dreams or out of body experiences. The issue is refining it to be more self aware and capable when it's outside the body cause when we die it takes on a different more permanent state because it's absorbs some of our bioenergies.

In the long run it breaks Down usually becAuse the pattern of the person's mind cannot hold it together much longer..that'd where people get ideas of reincarnation from, strong memories and ideas that are absorbed energetically and passed down thru to the next generation so the experiences are helpful. This is a universe where things try to improve on themselves constantly by absorbing other things, vegetarians absorb plants, Animals absorb each other, beings without bodies try to absorb our energies. 

It is whAt it is, a universe of warriors who fight challenge after chAllenge to reach a certain state of being. That state is where they longer need to absorb externAl things to survive. 

There's stuff we can believe til the cows come home an it might even hAve an effect on because of our energy levels, still there's others that are going to be independently true of us regArdless of our belief in them. The challenging part is learning to discern the difference and living by the real rules of how it is.

I understand what you are saying, I just don't accept it as valid.  There is no evidence that suggests that this is true.  Not in consciousness at least.

When the body dies, the brain dies, end of consciousness.  The End.

Yes, what was is still energy transforming but it is no longer what it was when there was conscious life.

It is said that the total amount of energy in the universe remains constant.  I don't have a problem with this.

It is said that all energy in the universe is constantly changing form.  I don't have a problem with this either.

On 8/29/2017 at 11:23 PM, Marblehead said:

Real no-view is no-mind = no I-thought.

Until then then there is a block of views which is the the I-thought masquerading as no-view.

1 minute ago, johndoe2012 said:

Real no-view is no-mind = no I-thought.

Until then then there is a block of views which is the the I-thought masquerading as no-view.

Yeah, Chuang Tzu pretty much told me the same thing.

But then, "I" is important to "me" so I can only rarely go there.

1 hour ago, Marblehead said:

I understand what you are saying, I just don't accept it as valid.  There is no evidence that suggests that this is true.  Not in consciousness at least.

When the body dies, the brain dies, end of consciousness.  The End.

Yes, what was is still energy transforming but it is no longer what it was when there was conscious life.

It is said that the total amount of energy in the universe remains constant.  I don't have a problem with this.

It is said that all energy in the universe is constantly changing form.  I don't have a problem with this either.

Ok you using electricity as an example, when it runs thru  battery it has a certain pattern,I think they call it memory. When there's no more juice there's stl a little bit of an electronic field residue, might enough be enough for magnetism.

When we die our human bodies field of bioelectrical, biothermal, biochemistry have spent a lifetime storing our personalised "residue", then on death, it's ejected. It exists no longer connected to the body an lasts as long as it can hold its integrity.

I guess words are hard to explain this stuff. For some, it's difficult to handle the idea that we're more than the outcropping of biological processes. On death though, when they are still semi-aware and find themselves for lack of better words, "alive", but in a different way, it's like torture for some of them. For others it's a freedom. I can only say this to you Marblehead, after death when the meat is gone and the you - you consider yourself is still around, struggle to accept your reality as it is an not to get swallowed up by predatory spirits go as far as you can an enjoy yourself as best, don't try to rehash anything, let it all go an keep moving forwards an do your best to maintain your self awareness.

Whether you believe it or not, I did my best to help you prepare just now. An I understand you think an feel a certain way. All i can say is, that there's more to life than the brain can comprehend. I see spirits who thinking you do all the time, that death the end for them an some were suicides. It's a rough way to be. After biological beings die, that's it, endgame. Things are locked in, an you will exist in that state til you run your course an lose energetic integrity. 

Anyhow bro, you're entitled to your opinions. I know you have them because it helps you get over certain things in your personal past. Ill respect that an drop it. Anyhow have a good day buddy. Im a put on Otis Redding, Dock of the Bay, feel free to make some suggestions. It's an easy listening kinda day

Edited by Hancock
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Hancock said:

I want you to try something for me. Let me know how it works out. Let's call it an experiment.

Go outside an look at the top of a tree where the air and the tree meet, right at that space in general. Let your eyes move along that edge til you see a sort of glow or film like deal around it. You'll know what I'm talking bout once you see it.

Now try to feel inside that glow, the same way you would check on your stomach if your hungry or if your thirsty, or if you feel good or not. Just it's for something other than you. Try to feel it for a bit and report back what you get.

I mean this literally , no minds eye, no meditation beforehand, just straight up doing it.

Over time as it develops there's a sense of just knowing undoubtedly but without words, it's like directly communicating with the soul of any thing you focus on, or at least assessing its state of being. It's difficult to put into words but its something you know when you experience it. 

Your family seems to train each other with sarcasm, helping each other get stronger by gentle attacks here and there so as to remain tough. As well as a bit of the interpersonal power play so as to keep each other on its toes, but also to create a deep bond. Similar to how soldiers create bonds sometimes when they go to war and fight. Some get respect for their brothers in arms.

I photograph birds as a hobby, I have stared at tree branches , plenty, and I know  , what will happen , is that I will form a latent image on my retina , that I will be able to see when my eyes are closed. 

But my family, was indeed training each other , however,  you are putting a happy spin on what it works out to mean.

I suppose its so that I might look back more fondly on the dysfunctional relationships, which is kindly intended of you,

but as wrong as wrong can be. It was  bad , very very bad.

Good energy, is folks laughing and giggling and smiling stupidly for no reason , its creating soft squishy bonds between people who begin to matter to us as much as we might matter to ourselves ,, or even more. Bad is being toughened , trained to isolate and be isolated, to no longer give a crap about trees or puppies or our kid brothers boo boo. Bad is taking the news of your fathers death as calm and inconsequentially as finding out it rained in Pittsburgh,

when you don't even live in Pittsburgh.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hancock said:

You get judged for saying something incorrectly. You do something independent and become labelled. 

for many decennia this has troubled me,

but now generally I do not give a f*#*k anymore what other people think/say of me or my behavior

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Stosh said:

I photograph birds as a hobby, I have stared at tree branches , plenty, and I know  , what will happen , is that I will form a latent image on my retina , that I will be able to see when my eyes are closed. 

But my family, was indeed training each other , however,  you are putting a happy spin on what it works out to mean.

I suppose its so that I might look back more fondly on the dysfunctional relationships, which is kindly intended of you,

but as wrong as wrong can be. It was  bad , very very bad.

Good energy, is folks laughing and giggling and smiling stupidly for no reason , its creating soft squishy bonds between people who begin to matter to us as much as we might matter to ourselves ,, or even more. Bad is being toughened , trained to isolate and be isolated, to no longer give a crap about trees or puppies or our kid brothers boo boo. Bad is taking the news of your fathers death as calm and inconsequentially as finding out it rained in Pittsburgh,

when you don't even live in Pittsburgh.

What means latent image on retina? It's the life force I was trying to help you see either naked eyes and sense into it. 

I didnt spin on anything, just said what it was directly from an objective view.

Being emotionally numb is not healthy bro. 

An we can be more than what we are trained to be. It's up to us to follow what others set before us or make our own way.

Not sure in can help you buddy, seems like we have touched on some genuinely deep hurts and a forum may not be the best place for it to be discussed. 

4 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

for many decennia this has troubled me,

but now generally I do not give a f*#*k anymore what other people think/say of me or my behavior

For me, i haveto care because I'm sensitive so much to energy an emotions that people projecting the wrong thing can actually hinder my progress in certain things.

It's weird an I know there's lots of beliefs on the subject. Just with the stuff i do, it's important to be considerable of others feelings or we may trigger somethings unintentionally like I did with Stosh here in his post. People are strong but at the same time fragile in other areas, an that line needs to be maintained so as to protect ourselves from unnecessarily involving ourselves in others life situations.

This can be a huge drain on our person energies.

• Like 1