1 minute ago, Walker said:

I say this sincerely: We're getting warmer. The crux of my inquiry seems, at long last, to be within sight. I appreciate that. But I am a rigorous fellow, so please humor me as I seek clarity--clarity which will allow me to put this wearying line of questioning to rest. Is what you are saying that there were no formal lineage initiations? 

I am saying Jim and Kosta were students.

I am saying we preserve what they brought back without alteration.

That's it.

If you want to add more words to it and make it complicated, that is on you.

4 minutes ago, dawei said:

Sorry... fake news...  I don't know your group.   I know of Ken and those in his time.... which I guess we could say are part of his 'group'... but I got along with a few of them.    At least one was actively helping me determine fake puppet accounts.    Now that is news.   

There is the story of a member who was on staff turning off his wife's PM message ability...  did I mention a thousand stories. 

So you as admin never once read a personal message from another members account?

10 minutes ago, MegaMind said:

So you as admin never once read a personal message from another members account?

Having once been investigated myself, I can attest in the old forum he had to have IT search the old chat logs, and didn't have access to our PMs, although from what I understand the new forum is the same as another where an admin was reading personal messages. 

41 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Since the WWIII and Mo Pai threads are now having an entirely different conversation, why not centralize it in the rabbit hole under the title, “Old Admin Grievances/Wishes for New Forum”?

There is nobody here with the power to consolidate threads until Sean returns. 

8 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Having once been investigated myself, I can attest in the old forum he had to have IT search the old chat logs, and didn't have access to our PMs, although from what I understand the new forum is the same as another where an admin was reading personal messages. 

If Dawei says he didn't I will take him at his word, and apologize to him.

I don't see any reason for the people who claimed that to have lied about it though.

Edited by MegaMind

7 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

There is nobody here with the power to consolidate threads until Sean returns. 

No need to consolidate them—just open a new thread and continue conversation there while quoting as appropriate.

21 minutes ago, MegaMind said:

That's it.

It isn't complicating it for many here, but simplifying. 

The question of initiation is straightforward. 

Would you be willing to simply answer the question, have you been initiated in mopai by somebody with permission and blessings to initiate others?

1 minute ago, ilumairen said:

It isn't complicating it for many here, but simplifying. 

The question of initiation is straightforward. 

Would you be willing to simply answer the question, have you been initiated in mopai by somebody with permission and blessings to initiate others?

Jim formally taught many members in our group, and they continue his legacy.

Jim was an official student, and the top western student who went further than many Indonesian students.

We do not have access to the Mo Pai text, nor do we have formal instruction for levels 3 through 72.

7 minutes ago, MegaMind said:

If Dawei says he didn't I will take him at his word, and apologize to him.

I don't see any reason for the people who claimed that to have lied about it though.

If this transpired, I suspect anyone who has been on staff since then would have had access to the staff discussions - which I understood to be readable in the same manner threads in the open forum are. 

Just now, MegaMind said:

Jim was an official student, and the top western student who went further than many Indonesian students.

We do not have access to the Mo Pai text, nor do we have formal instruction for levels 3 through 72.

Thank you. Was Jim given permissions and blessings to teach and/or initiate others?

Just now, ilumairen said:

Thank you. Was Jim given permissions and blessings to teach and/or initiate others?

Supposedly after he was kicked out he spoke with John and asked permission to help others and was told "yes".

However if John interpreted this to mean something other than teach, I am not sure.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, MegaMind said:

That's it.

You seem confused.

I have added nothing.

I am asking a question, which means I am not adding more words at all.

Quite to the contrary, by asking a question, I am doing the opposite of "adding words."

I am providing a moment of silence, an empty space, and inviting you to speak, giving you the opportunity to represent yourself. With a clear and direct answer to the question (which you have still neglected to provide, hence me still talking to you).

To goal is clarify matters, make them less complicated, and resolve this matter.

So,

I understand and believe that Jim and Kosta were students of John Chang.

Clear. 

Thank you.

Again, the subsequent question:

I am literally asking whether or not you were formally initiated into the Mopai by anybody who was formally initiated into the Mopai by John Chang and given permission by John Chang to initiate further disciples.

Please focus on just this question.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Walker said:

You seem confused.

I have added nothing.

Quite to the contrary, by asking a question, I am doing the opposite of "adding words."

I am providing a moment of silence, an empty space, and inviting you to speak, giving you the opportunity to represent yourself. With a clear and direct answer to the question (which you have still neglected to provide, hence me still talking to you).

To goal is clarify matters, make them less complicated, and resolve this matter.

So,

Clear. 

Thank you.

I am literally asking whether or not you were formally initiated into the Mopai by anybody who was formally initiated into the Mopai by John Chang and given permission by John Chang to initiate further disciples.

"I am literally asking whether or not you were formally initiated into the Mopai by anybody who was formally initiated into the Mopai by John Chang and given permission by John Chang to initiate further disciples."

Supposedly after he was kicked out he spoke with John and asked permission to help others and was told "yes".

However if John interpreted this to mean something other than teach, I am not sure.

Jim and Kosta were students, and we are just people who preserve what they brought back.

Think of us as archivists or something.

Edited by MegaMind

14 minutes ago, Walker said:

You seem confused.

I have added nothing.

So,

Clear. 

Thank you.

Just now, MegaMind said:

"I am literally asking whether or not you were formally initiated into the Mopai by anybody who was formally initiated into the Mopai by John Chang and given permission by John Chang to initiate further disciples."

Sounds like a blue belt was allowed by the master to teach what he knew, but the students of the blue belt think they’re initiated into the formal school.

Just now, Earl Grey said:

Sounds like a blue belt was allowed by the master to teach what he knew, but the students of the blue belt think they’re initiated into the formal school.

We aren't claiming anything other than the method works and anyone who wants to see for themselves can do so.

9 hours ago, MegaMind said:

I believe I referred to it as the system I study, and not directly as Mo Pai.

image.png.4a3a2bb08e6a841d393c2b6577276613.png

This is not true, not even a little bit.

image.png.5a93bed3446d18a7d0cfda7b201117a9.png

We literally do not charge anyone, anything.

We also do not accept donations of any type.

image.png.1fb2584538f99fed05f54309ee234756.png

No one in our group has committed suicide.

image.png.9229829bc39712c8328c8545bdd39116.png

"Multiple cases of psychoses have arisen in the group"

image.png.6dd8409927f4dfa1ff01b7fa4d663e1f.png

Edited by Zork

15 hours ago, MegaMind said:

nH9lMxG.jpg

Nice meme!

Spot on!

Glad to see the back of that lot together with their facilitator. They were even more insidious & invidious than the fascists. Hoping this forum recovers. If so, the rule of thumb is that it will take six months to two years.

Incidentally, glad to see that you've now raised the Mopai game here to one that respects fully the founding principles of this forum. Hoping your interlocutors will now begin to follow your example.

Edited by gatito

18 hours ago, MegaMind said:

This is not a belief system, but a process or rather technology, just like rubbing sticks together to make a fire.

Anyone who undertakes the training can and will be able to see for themselves.

If you only knew what a joke this is.  Those two exercises which seem so holy and special to you are as common in chi kung as dirt is on the planet.  Most people with any experience are well aware of them and how they work.  What most people don't know is that Jim was an extremely poor example for illustrating the exercises.  Your claim that he became more advanced than most Asian students by doing two simple exercises incorrectly is a lie.  You have NO way of knowing that, except ffrom the words of the Sickie, Jim, who is well know to be an unethical.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

If you only knew what a joke this is.  Those two exercises which seem so holy and special to you are as common in chi kung as dirt is on the planet.  Most people with any experience are well aware of them and how they work.  What most people don't know is that Jim was an extremely poor example for illustrating the exercises.  Your claim that he became more advanced than most Asian students by doing two simple exercises incorrectly is a lie.  You have NO way of knowing that, except ffrom the words of the Sickie, Jim, who is well know to be an unethical.

I actually agree with you here.  

The instructions that you posted are a joke.

We do not consider what you posted to be holy.

This is not what we practice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/29/2019 at 1:32 AM, ilumairen said:

Well, we all know about you and pie... :lol:

On 12/29/2019 at 1:42 AM, Wu Ming Jen said:

Stop it! that is a low blow, my pie hand is starting to twitch:lol:

On 12/29/2019 at 1:44 AM, Earl Grey said:

On 12/29/2019 at 1:47 AM, Wu Ming Jen said:

I was wrong that is a low blow, way below the belt.

Adult Cream Pie available from McDonald’s in Japan now.

https://kotaku.com/mcdonalds-japan-introduces-the-adult-cream-pie-1840984496

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Haha 3

On 1/11/2020 at 5:07 PM, dawei said:

I allowed both sides...  both sides were on the receiving end.  but now you're happy that there is only a left wing free for all?    I don't see any improvements with all the trash talking and abusive treatment to others.. including to Megamind.    What seems clear is, non-moderation doesn't work. 

Slick,

I see you are still at it.

• Thanks 1

On 1/11/2020 at 5:15 PM, dawei said:

The current state of affairs here is more like a free-for-all of bashing others without compunction.   Folks have taken advantage of Sean's absence without any show of self-moderation.   If one thought political threads were bad and all from one side should leave, and bashing each other is good... I'm not sure we've improved the situation with no moderation.  I think the timing is bad. 

Things are much better now!

• Thanks 1

On 1/11/2020 at 5:24 PM, dawei said:

But an outsider may say that is because the current atmosphere, you are now free to curse and beat down another member as you want.  That is really my point... that some form of moderation would benefit things, IMO.   

You just can't stop yourself.

• Thanks 1

On 1/11/2020 at 5:23 PM, MegaMind said:

Dawei I don't know if you will accept what I am saying as a sincere statement or not but it is sincere.

Compared what we endured under your reign as emperor here,  this non-moderation looks like a walk in the park.

I am being called a bald, homosexual, trailer-trash, pot-head, who pops other people's zits and likes prostate massages and all kinds of other nonsense.

Our group is being accused of all sorts of abuses, suicides and psychosis and it sounds like animal sacrifice will be next.

Our teachers names are being defiled claiming all sorts of nonsense.

But you know what, I find all that far less abusive than what we all endured under you.

You will never know how awful it is to not even be able to defend yourself from nonsense like this, and to watch a practice that could literally change this world  be turned into the butt of some joke.

Such massive irony here!

• Thanks 1

Sorry if I annoy anyone with my comments but this is ridiculous.

If there's anything at DaoBums less worthy of a practitioner's time and energy than arguing about Mo Pai, I don't know what that would look like. Sean intervened with the political threads because the subject matter has actual impact on the lives of people. Mo Pai is irrelevant to the lives of everyone but the handful of folks who choose to practice its 2 introductory levels. It is of no consequence whatsoever to anyone else on Earth. I suspect Sean chooses not to bother with this thread, other than to maybe check what page it's up to and chuckle once in a while. 

No one every learns anything or changes their opinions regarding Mo Pai. The only possible personal growth that could come out of this 55 page argument would be if someone could actually let go and move on, never returning to this pointless exercise. The only value to this thread is to see how much time and energy people, who consider themselves practitioners, are willing to invest in beating the dusty, powdered bones of a long dead horse's corpse.

Life is short, does anyone really need to spend precious seconds, minutes, and hours in this endless discussion?

The Mo Pai crew are clearly not ready to give up on their dreams and no one else is likely to ever understand their obsession with a few fragments of what may be a useful a system...

This is not about Sean.

It's about those who can't let go of a dead and pointless argument.

It's about looking at ourselves and our choices in life as reflected in our behavior here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3