Sign in to follow this  
Ilovecoffee

Editing other's posts in PPF

6 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/45032-discussion-of-jims-level-1-2-instructions/

Are you supposed to have the ability to edit the content of other people's posts in a PPF?

I suspect that is something an actual moderator has, not PPF permissions.

Members with a PPD are allowed to hide others posts in their own PPD, and that is exactly what happened in this case. The posts were not edited, they were just removed from view of those without the proper permissions set.

• Like 1

Just now, Kar3n said:

Members with a PPD are allowed to hide others posts in their own PPD, and that is exactly what happened in this case. The posts were not edited, they were just removed from view of those without the proper permissions set.

No Kar3n,

Please go back and look again, the content of my posts was edited, and I edited it back several times.

Just now, 小梦想 said:

I just checked and only see your own wording. Are you sure something like that happened?

Wouldn't be the first time you were caught lying about things.

Absolutely 100% certain, without any lie.

Ask Dawei to go review the logs and say otherwise.

I think as much as he hates us, he is still honest.

4 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

No Kar3n,

Please go back and look again, the content of my posts was edited, and I edited it back several times.

Remember that part in the Matrix when Neo fought the trainman an he said, "Down here I am God."...that's how old works, within reason here. Face but if guy doesn't want you in his zone, you can't do much bout it. Hope this helps you understand what's going on.

Just now, Hancock said:

Remember that part in the Matrix when Neo fought the trainman an he said, "Down here I am God."...that's how old works, within reason here. Face but if guy doesn't want you in his zone, you can't do much bout it. Hope this helps you understand what's going on.

I will wait for Dawei to address this.

2 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Absolutely 100% certain, without any lie.

Ask Dawei to go review the logs and say otherwise.

I think as much as he hates us, he is still honest.

Dude you're not important enough to hate. An don't diss Dawei dude is chill 

Plus u literally asked his help and insulted him at the same time. There's no incentive for your request to be at the top of his long list of things he an other staff do here.

Edited by Hancock
  • Like 1

Just now, 小梦想 said:

It is very hard to trust someone who has lied just recently, without even admitting the lie despite evidence in black and white.

Maybe you just need a little break away from this place. Sometimes the mind can play tricks on you when you spend too much time staring at a computer screen and not meditating every day.

Have a nice day, I won't derail this thread any further.

Let's see what Dawei has to say, I believe he is honest and will set the record straight.

Just now, Ilovecoffee said:

Let's see what Dawei has to say, I believe he is honest and will set the record straight.

Are impying Kar3n is lieing? She explained clearly to you the situation. Man you imply one hates and imply that an other staff member is a liar.  How do you expect to be taken seriously if you act so obviously unsociable and irrational? What ground are you standing on with attacks to the people you ask for help from?

Trust me, I've been in your boat. Like I said in another post you show me the ugly sides of myself. 

Kar3n remember when I refused to listen to you sighting harassment and waited for Dawei to respond? Boom dude is following my footsteps like eerily close. Lol

3 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

I suspect he probably should not have the permissions to do that even in a PPF, so you may need to adjust something.

Thanks.

Members do have the ability to edit every post in their PPD. I am not seeing malicious intent, after all the posts are now forever out of sight.

Everyone remember, the risk of posting in a person's PPD is that it can be edited or hidden even though we ask that folks refrain from editing and to hide posts if they are unwanted in the thread.

A PPD is your own little corner of the www, staff does not usually get involved unless absolutely necessary so moderation tools are necessary for clean up.

• Like 1

Just now, Kar3n said:

Members do have the ability to edit every post in their PPD. I am not seeing malicious intent, after all the posts are now forever out of sight.

Everyone remember, the risk of posting in a person's PPD is that it can be edited or hidden even though we ask that folks refrain from editing and to hide posts if they are unwanted in the thread.

A PPD is your own little corner of the www, staff does not usually get involved unless absolutely necessary so moderation tools are necessary for clean up.

I don't believe I have such an ability, and I will go check.

Nope, I don't I can hide others post and not edit them and hide/lock topics and that is it in my PPF.

Edited by Ilovecoffee

5 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

Great job explaining that. You really do excellent work here.

3 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

I don't believe I have such an ability, and I will go check.

19 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Nope, I don't I can hide others post and not edit them and hide/lock topics and that is it in my PPF.

Well, the template I used for creating your PPD is fairly new, so the permission sets may have changed over time.

小梦想 has been here since 2014, so his permissions might be a little different based on when it was set up.

I will take a look at your permissions in a little bit, I have a quick errand to run.

I am curious though... Why does it matter? You do not allow anyone to post in your PPD and if they do slip by the lock while you are posting, you hide the replies. Does editing seem like a better option? It is really not recommended or encouraged.

41 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

I have updated your permission set.

I will say it again so that everyone is clear, staff does not recommend, encourage or condone the editing of other members' posts in your PPD. If the content is unwanted you may hide it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kar3n said:

I have updated your permission set.

I will say it again so that everyone is clear, staff does not recommend, encourage or condone the editing of other members' posts in your PPD. If the content is unwanted you may hide it.

Hi Kar3n,

It is being insinuated that I am lying my posts were edited.

What I want is not to be able to edit other people's posts but rather for the fact my posts were edited to be confirmed so 小梦想, can eat some crow with this dishonest behavior of pretending I am lying about it.

Dawei,

When you have time, I would sincerely appreciate it if you would please weigh in on this, and set the record straight that my posts were edited by 小梦想, so that the insulation I am lying about this can be put to rest.

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Hi Kar3n,

It is being insinuated that I am lying my posts were edited.

What I want is not to be able to edit other people's posts but rather for the fact my posts were edited to be confirmed so 小梦想, can eat some crow with this dishonest behavior of pretending I am lying about it.

I have already stated there is no way to know for sure whether he did or he did not.

I will not use super mod powers to assist in member arguments, ever.

7 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

I have already stated there is no way to know for sure whether he did or he did not.

I will not use super mod powers to assist in member arguments, ever.

I'll wait for Dawei on this one, thanks.

1 minute ago, 小梦想 said:

You are such a baby.

For the forum members.

The lying I am accusing mr coffee about is not related to me having or not having edited his posts in my PPD. The fact that Karen gave you the same privileges would suggest that it is possible and I could have edited your posts if I wanted to. This however is not the lying I am accusing you of, so you can give it a rest. 

For mr coffee

This is a very trivial matter to be getting upset about. You are maybe much less balanced than you would like to think you are. I will not be responding to anything you write in here so don't waste your time with a reply.

I am not upset, but I want the truth to be known.

You did edit my posts, and then you did post things like this:

"I just checked and only see your own wording. Are you sure something like that happened?

Wouldn't be the first time you were caught lying about things."

So you can admit you edited my posts, or I will ask Dawei to step in and let us know the truth of the matter.

Sign in to follow this