Is there any one here that knows what this means: A voice that is not a voice that happens rarely but, when it does, it is clear as a bell with words that are more than language yet, perfectly understood. It comes forward in times of great need. It is completely different than thoughts, voices or conscience.

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, moment said:

Is there any one here that knows what this means: A voice that is not a voice that happens rarely but, when it does, it is clear as a bell with words that are more than language yet, perfectly understood. It comes forward in times of great need. It is completely different than thoughts, voices or conscience.

In my experience: that is the still small voice that is talked about in the historical documents.  I comprehend it when it generates from within the center of my core upward and into my mind. :)  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, mrpasserby said:

In my experience: that is the still small voice that is talked about in the historical documents.  I comprehend it when it generates from within the center of my core upward and into my mind. :)  

This is my understanding, too.

• Like 2

On a somewhat slightly related note, and since I posted a diagram from this same book quite recently - I always thought this was a very interesting little passage.  His interpretation here is quite bizarre and yet I found it amazingly helpful the first time I read it. And although I hesitate to say its technically square on the money - to be honest I found the conceptual accuracy an entirely moot point.

Holy.JPG.8aca5efc155f05e463c5c8dc7f2b59f7.JPG

• Like 3

9th, I think that the knocking sound is what is called the burning in the bosom, 'I once knew a guy who could move enough energy to do that to a person'. It feels weird.

:)

• Like 1

The still small voice, I like that. Yet, it grabs one's attention better than a shout.

• Like 1

The OP reminds me of one specific time this happened to/through me. In a group, very intense moment, and, totally without intention or forethought, I suddenly started speaking, pretty much nailing stuff that was happening in the group, and which needed to STOP if the group was to survive. I was calling out friend and foe indiscriminantly, not in a blaming way, but totally clear and objective, things I hadn't even seen before. My voice was totally different from my normal voice, almost a choked feeling/sound, and there was huge pressure in my throat. Even now I get chills thinking about it. That... speaking... changed the trajectory of the group.

Never felt like it was me. Never happened again.

• Like 7

Could this be the kind of voice that Buddha used to transmit the famous "Flower Sermon"?  Only other thing i can relate in personal experience is of course also hard to describe. As if a very subtle tingling or even pulling is felt in a hand or foot, urging it in a certain direction. Perhaps to walk toward or pick up something not even consciously aware of being needed at the moment.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nintendao said:

... As if a very subtle tingling or even pulling is felt in a hand or foot, urging it in a certain direction. ...

For the record i don't generally place a lot of importance on the "tingly" stuff. Much of the time it is just random or blocked energy working itself out, or maybe something nastier that i'd rather not feed. Occasionally it does feel pretty profound, and I have a hunch is the beginnings of a sense that might can be developed for use in healing.

• Like 3

On 8/24/2017 at 6:58 PM, moment said:

This sounds like a revelation, the kind that you may experience while deep in prayer or meditation.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2017 at 8:58 PM, moment said:

In some traditions it is also known of as the connection (voice) of the wisdom goddesses  or Dakinis. It is a flow (energy) which clears away the issues/fears/obstructions, giving access to greater clarity of mind/wisdom.

• Like 5

A voice that is not a voice that happens rarely but, when it does, it is clear as a bell with words that are more than language yet, perfectly understood. It comes forward in times of great need. It is completely different than thoughts, voices or conscience.

We obviously have various levels of operational thought processes which can be affected by our own environment.

But sometimes something kicks-in and over-rides that which we think is 'ours'.

Perhaps its similar to the 'Yellow Lady' described by Master Cheng Shih Yuan to Kou Hong, the governess of the ordinary energies and thoughts or the 'Gaurdian Angel/spirit' (in my imperfect understanding/opinion of these things).

Once upon a time I'd just started a new job wherein the ganger picked up the workers in the morning and we all drove out to the site.

I've always stuck things out at least a week or two even if I knew I didn't like the job and wasn't going to stay (the protestant work ethic is/was strong in this one) but this first morning we were working the first hour and I looked up and saw a bus that I knew was going to my town and all I could hear (but not hear more feel as an urge) was "GET ON THE BUS".

I apologised to the ganger, told him it wasn't going to be for me and hailed the bus and went home.

The next morning they were all but one killed in a car crash.

• Like 4