Marblehead

Nietzsche Quotes

On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow.

• Like 1

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.  If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened.  But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

• Like 1

One often contradicts an opinion when what is uncongenial is really the tone in which it was conveyed.

On 6/5/2018 at 3:34 AM, Marblehead said:

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.

or

Faith:  believing what you want in spite of all else...

• Like 1

Perhaps I know best why it is man alone who laughs; he alone suffers so deeply that he had to invent laughter.

Nietzsche was much like Chuang Tzu was.  Both offer us many questions but didn't bother to give us many answers.  I guess both wanted us to find our own answers.

2 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Nietzsche was much like Chuang Tzu was.  Both offer us many questions but didn't bother to give us many answers.  I guess both wanted us to find our own answers.

Very nice very interesting very exotic ... but maybe it's just more ape shit.
Today I was just watching J. Krishnamurti similarly smirking whilst slagging off mankind.
And then .... ?
You have an answer ?
If not shut up.   At least have that much .... humanity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Very nice very interesting very exotic ... but maybe it's just more ape shit.
Today I was just watching J. Krishnamurti similarly smirking whilst slagging off mankind.
And then .... ?
You have an answer ?
If not shut up.   At least have that much .... humanity.

Ah, but when we are given answers we generally disapprove of them because we think we can find better answers.

1 minute ago, Marblehead said:

Ah, but when we are given answers we generally disapprove of them because we think we can find better answers.

In my opinion the answers are almost always not answers.
We are a big mess.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rideforever said:

In my opinion the answers are almost always not answers.
We are a big mess.

True.  Our answers are generally short term answers.  Take care of today and fight the same battle again tomorrow.

But sadly, or fortunately, we cannot see tomorrow as we don't need to spend too much time there.

If a woman has manly virtues, one feels like running away; and if she has no manly virtues, she herself runs away.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I cannot believe in a God who wants to be praised all the time.

I recall making one of my many blasphemous statements in the presence of a religious friend, about one of the many contradictions in the king james bible.

religious friend: "you can't say that!  that's blasphemy against god!  you offend god and are in danger of damning your eternal soul!"

me: "dude... chill.  I can say it... i just did.  and it makes sense... why would god not want me to use the logic she supposedly supplied me with?"

religious friend "        "

me:  " blasphemy is pastor territory, when they have no answer, or can't tolerate the cognitive dissonance pointed out in one of their many fallacies, they cry 'blasphemy' and hope to shut you up...  I mean, seriously, if the creator of the entire universe, is capable of being offended by this simple idiot... she's quite insecure for a supreme being."

• Like 1