Marblehead

Nietzsche Quotes

Man shall be trained for war and woman for the recreation of the warrior: All else is folly.

• Like 1

Yep.  I agree.  If Christians would look at your quote above more often they would see the beauty in the world.  But no, because man has screwed up so many aspects of the world mostly what you hear them talk about is "fire and brimstone" and a "second coming".

Nietzsche was speaking to only what he considered to be the state of Christianity in Europe during his lifetime.

Indeed, the world just is.  Acknowledgement without judgement.  We can be judgmental in our personal life.

• Like 1

To find everything profound - that is an inconvenient trait. It makes one strain one's eyes all the time, and in the end one finds more than one might have wished.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

To find everything profound - that is an inconvenient trait. It makes one strain one's eyes all the time, and in the end one finds more than one might have wished.

Well said.  To perceive the miraculous nature of even one inhale/exhale can be a bit paralyzing at times.

Reminds me of something that happened at work once.  Someone asked me how the sandwich I was eating was and I replied "Amazing!"

They responded "That's ridiculous man.  Sandwiches aren't amazing are they?  I mean, it's f'ing bread and meat and lettuce, it's just a sandwich for christ's sake." 

"True enough" I said.... "but consider this... to make any sandwich, first one must create the entire universe."

Forget where I heard that, but it sure does ring true... even the smallest of processes are connected to the most profound aspects of perception/reality.

• Like 2

"The true world - we have abolished. What world has remained? The apparent one perhaps? But no! With the true world we have also abolished the apparent one."

• Like 1

For believe me: the secret for harvesting from existence the greatest fruitfulness and greatest enjoyment is - to live dangerously.

What is good?  All that heightens the feeling of power in man, the will to power, power itself.  What is bad?  All that is born of weakness.  What is happiness?  The feeling that power is growing, that resistance is overcome.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2017 at 2:17 PM, morning dew said:

'The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.'

Said the successful author who is much-quoted these days.

Ponder cause and effect and the means by which belief systems propagate.

I think a more balanced approach might be wiser. If you can manage to do that.

Also, one could posit that by having become such a well-known figure, Nietzsche did in fact have quite close relations to the tribe.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Owledge said:

Also, one could posit that by having become such a well-known figure, Nietzsche did in fact have quite close relations to the tribe.

But it is a different tribe he has relations with.  He wandered off from his tribe just as did Lao Tzu.

People who have given us their complete confidence believe that they have a right to ours.  The inference is false, a gift confers no rights.

• Like 1