The food we consume - is the all that we take in

We bring in through the eyes vast cubic miles every day

The ears hear a thousand vibrations we never notice

The nose speaks directly to our ancestry in each breath

Our skin sinks to the marrow

Please share here beauty that you have found so that it might be a well of delight and wonder

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 8

A beautiful poem I remember from my childhood, written by an indian poetess who was also a key figure in the Indian freedom struggle --

Rise, brothers, rise; the wakening skies pray to the morning light, 
The wind lies asleep in the arms of the dawn like a child that has cried all night. 
Come, let us gather our nets from the shore and set our catamarans free, 
To capture the leaping wealth of the tide, for we are the kings of the sea! 

No longer delay, let us hasten away in the track of the sea gull's call, 
The sea is our mother, the cloud is our brother, the waves are our comrades all. 
What though we toss at the fall of the sun where the hand of the sea-god drives? 
He who holds the storm by the hair, will hide in his breast our lives. 

Sweet is the shade of the cocoanut glade, and the scent of the mango grove, 
And sweet are the sands at the full o' the moon with the sound of the voices we love; 
But sweeter, O brothers, the kiss of the spray and the dance of the wild foam's glee; 
Row, brothers, row to the edge of the verge, where the low sky mates with the sea.

• Like 6

We are not now that strength which in old days 
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; 
One equal temper of heroic hearts, 
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will 
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Exerpt from Ulysses, by Alfred Lord Tennyson

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/45392/ulysses

My favorite poem.

• Like 3

Loosing crudeness - 

The jagged edges of crudeness help our puffery - the puffery of self - our perceived ability to slice and dice and our self aggrandized Bullshit Meters.

But in all the huffing and puffing - it sets within us a strong frequency band (karmic tuning fork) and tends to hold us in the rut of a sort of crudeness - an icy ability to put frosting on anything.

This has many forms - but it has the smell of crudeness - the patina of stain - soiled comments and thoughts. 

Getting to "Bliss"

Bliss - conjures up rainbows and unicorns but it can certainly conjure up far more. It makes its way ever higher.

A golden light pervading ones being - stillness - breathless - smile in Presence.

The noise has fallen away completely - serious is not an option.

Crudeness has no place in this music of the logos.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I am naturally crude.  Please don't try to change my nature.

We need the rough and crude to make things sharp or smooth. Everything has its intrinsic value in the Dao :)

• Like 2

I was meditating on the grass the other day and focusing on listening and then I heard a buzzing sound and when I looked to see what it was it was a leaf fluttering to the ground and I thought I've never heard a leaf buzz before.

Then I heard a very faint and distant but at the same time very clear sound, almost like when you put your ear to a seashell, of what could have been angels singing, echoing from the formless sea of eternity!

Plus, the night before I left the countryside I went outside in the evening, the crescent moon was just above the shadowed tree-line, and did a few minutes of moving yin and yang, then the horses started galloping in the moonlit field at the end of the garden!

But, now I'm back in London and I think things took a bit of a turn so I need to get my act together again.

Edited by Aletheia
  • Like 3

A simple practice - a practice in living is beautiful

The ancient practice of refining ones nature in conjunction with practices of embodying subtle energetic awareness and refining the bodies - this patient practice is both immediate and more powerful than all engineered paths - it is the only real path - all others are on this path but preoccupied with finish lines.

In looking toward a finish line - living ceases - one has life in futures past.

Simple practice is beautiful

• Like 1

One man's beauty is another man's ugliness, literally. Worrying about subjective qualities isn't necessarily a good thing. For a long time I've lived by the rule, does it harm me? Does it harm someone else? Then what's the harm in it? Live and let live. Don't covet thy neighbor's wife and all that. In the end we will find that purity is an illusion and beauty never lasts, so stay with the baggage wagon and don't worry so much about the party happening somewhere else.

• Like 2

We learn of infinite through nothingness, then we slowly forget about nothingness

dont forget

• Like 1

Some of the above reminds me of people who've made beautiful meditation areas.  Some indoor, some outdoors; special places that express quietude, simplicity and spirituality.  You see such attempts on grandiose scales in some churches, small scale in backyard gardens even miniature in altars. 

I think creating such a space should be part of one's practice.  One I'm lacking right now.  To build a sacred space. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thelerner said:

I think creating such a space should be part of one's practice.  One I'm lacking right now.  To build a sacred space. 

Yes, I too think this is important.  We all need to have our sanctuary.

• Like 2

On 02/10/2017 at 0:56 AM, Marblehead said:

I am naturally crude.  Please don't try to change my nature.

Here for you:

Many Lives, Many Masters

...but ultimately is up to you to realise about this fact. Anyway it makes a very good reading.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 3

Thanks Gerard, but I'm sure you are aware that a Materialist (Physicalist) does not read stuff like that or even hold to any of the associated concepts.

I'm glad this thread is in "General Discussions".  Yes, I did go back to check before making this post.

And it is my destiny to hold to the concept of free will. For ever and ever, Amen.

She was able to tell Dr Weiss things about his own dead son that she could never have known...  woof!

That is some compelling stuff!   Wow, I bet Dr Weiss had quite the face when that transpired through his Yale/Columbia trained materialist mind paradigm.