There is no other solution.
So god/tao/ what ever made up
A play for the goal .
The actors are crazy kings with
Nuke arsenal .
May god be with them

• Like 1

I wished you had used comma's to better quickly understand the number :D

So, a reduction of 2 billion of an existing 7.5 billion... a 27% decrease in humans.

If there were no humans and only animals, would the animal kingdom eventual get to the point of needing a 'reduction' ?

As such reductions are likely off the table (unless your advocating the crazy kings to step up), what else to do ?

And I'm not sure what is so wrong about a cycle of extinction... just my thoughts. 

• Like 1

Did you know that award-winning writer Gertrude Stein proposed that Hitler should be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize?

• Like 1

Stein sounds very 'Beer' to me,

but anyway.. 

Other notable winners , The EU, B Obama , AL Gore , Yassir Arafat,  Mother Theresa , The 14th Dalai Lama , M Gorbachev  and the International Atomic Energy agency . 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Are those all Nazis?

Or beer drinkers?

I am gonna guess they all had a brew now and then. 

"Got to pay your dues if you wanna sing the blues
And you know it don't come easy
You don't have to shout or leap about
You can even play them easy
Peace, remember peace is how we make it
Here within your reach
If you're big enough to take it
I don't ask for much, I only want your trust
And you know it don't come easy
And this love of mine keeps growing all the time
And you know it don't come easy"
  • Like 1

On 8/17/2017 at 8:40 PM, nohbody said:

I recently read that male fertility is dropping in western countries.

The Tao adjusts. :D

If they left it at that, sure...

But, that's only going to justify the increased usage of technology to supplant natural processes.  In another generation, many people will be rendered largely sterile - who will then "need" to "be saved" by all sorts of artificial reproduction and genetic engineering.  And then in another half-generation, natural reproduction will be deemed too "primitive" and risky altogether - especially given how many more birth defects and problems will develop as our environment gets further degraded...  Artificial reproduction with a lengthy checklist of standard germline edits will then become the established (and nearly MANDATORY) norm.  Nothing more will be left to natural "chance," anymore.  (Despite the fact that all natural life on our planet today evolved purely from natural "chance"...)

cyborg2.jpg

Yes, the writing is on the wall...and you can't help but already see all this a mile away!!! :o

And oh look, look what else has happened in the last ~60 years:

co2-levels.jpg

Edited by gendao
  • Like 2

Thoughts...

I know projections from what it is/will be possible to do are scary. We certainly will encounter disasters in this century, a challenge for the north while south will probably face horror.

The dominant decrease that's what happen. For most of us a drama, for the vital life force an adjustment.

Gift of sperm is still the actual method to handle infertility and it has nothing to do with trans-humanism. I believe that spiritual-educational transmission is predominant. Complexity, add-ons, specification and more globally, relying on technology rather that sane simplicity and autonomy creates weakness at the core. Will the ultimate artificial patchwork succeed ? not so sure.

What did I inherit ? What do I want to transmit ?