Sign in to follow this  
Desmonddf

Yijing and Prenatal (PreHeaven) Jing

Greetings.

This is a simple topic. In TCM we have Jing (essence) divided into prenatal essence and postnatal essence.

However, there is another name for it. Pre-Heaven Jing and Post-Heaven Jing.

If i'm not wrong, the Ba Gua exists also in a Pre-Heaven (or Primordial) sequence and a Later (Post-Heaven ?) sequence.

Please note i'm still very inexperienced in Yijing.

Anyway. Is there any relation between Pre-Heaven and Post-Heaven in both systems?

If there is, then this could explain why Pre-Heaven Jing cannot be restored in the body (once the Kidneys start to form it would have entered them and no more Pre-Heaven could be formed, since the embrio would feed from the mothers' Yuan Qi instead of storing and purifying it), alas Post-Heaven Jing is continously created.

Thanks for your time.

• Like 1

Hi!

Cannot answer your question.

But prenatal is not preheaven, prenatal is during pregnancy and before birth, pre-heaven is the energies before they become "corrupted" by this world and its duality.

In Neidan (only in the schools that have the full transmission) there are very secret techniques that can replenish Yuan jing and Yuan chi (this is done by ming gong).

All the best

Michael

• Like 3

On 12/1/2017 at 4:22 PM, MIchael80 said:

But prenatal is not preheaven, prenatal is during pregnancy and before birth

For example health problems that run in a family are considered pre-natal.

Pre-natal is what we inherit from our parents and ancestors, it is present in our parents before we are conceived, and is also in us after we are born.

Is this correct?

"Pre-heaven" bagua is ancient arrangement attributed to Fu Hsi.

This is showing location, direction, and YinYang in natural order.

"Later-heaven" bagua is more recent arrangement attributed to King Wen.

This is basis of 9 Palaces "astrology" as retrofitted to 5 phases, showing movement and change.

I feel that "prenatal" refers mostly to a time before Chinese empires, and "postnatal" to the time afterwards of King Wen, etc.

-VonKrankenhaus

17 hours ago, KuroShiro said:

For example health problems that run in a family are considered pre-natal.

Pre-natal is what we inherit from our parents and ancestors, it is present in our parents before we are conceived, and is also in us after we are born.

Is this correct?

Yes that is pre-natal. I is a kind of karmic inheretance.

clearing of it is not easy but very worth it.

best

• Like 2

Prenatal relates to preheaven via the heavenly channels in the spleen which starts at child birth..

Post heaven happens after death

Post natal happens around the age of 29.. or otherwise at the end of adolescence

Sign in to follow this