Aletheia

The Problem With The Forum Admin...

I find it interesting that people from other forums are so interested in Tao Bums. They seem to need, to feel accepted and if not complain here and or on another site about how awful it is.  

Does not make any sense to me. Maybe Tao Bums is more influential than I imagine.

Reminds me of challenges from many other schools that seek validation and when they are defeated they become upset.

Once upset they get hurt and we do the best we can to heal them quickly.

It is different for me in a non physical environment with keyboard warriors. In person skill is obvious.

Most of the bla, bla, bla and I read this in a book or some weird approach to practice, simply put no one is interested where I train.Those conversation do not last long or even happen, it is more like lets see what you got..

I enjoy Tao Bums because of my passion for training. I get some time off from training here and there and like to check out the site. Thanks to those who donate their time, good job.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Apech said:

What I can't quite work out is why threads like this are garbage and yet fascinating.  Pages and pages of garbage in fact and the same people who claim to be genuine practitioners have time to spout rubbish.  I think maybe it is because you get an insight into the possibilities for self-deception and obsession - that and further demonstrations of the ultimate internet skill of trolling.

Sigh, I was planning on ending my posting career on the perfect numerical symbol of opposites balanced, 69, yet I must post this in light of your astute observaperception - it is quite obvious we have been witnessing the below effect playing out, complete with such glorious megalomaniac cognitive dissonance;

Good times, many lols, such reflections.

Edited by shazlor
  • Like 1

Well if you want to post videos implying I'm stupid and how this whole thread is nothing but pages of garbage while you champion the brilliance of the mods, then good luck to you.

Anyway, how long is drew banned for? And you know I can unban him using my super psychic powers, right?

Who wants a demo?

BOOM... AND IT'S DONE!!!

HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES?

HAHA

So mods what did you think about that, it was pretty funny while it lasted right?

Edited by Aletheia

Right, the forum was misconfigured so I wasn't really using my super psychic powers at all lol. But it's fixed now.

16 hours ago, Apech said:

What I can't quite work out is why threads like this are garbage and yet fascinating.  Pages and pages of garbage in fact and the same people who claim to be genuine practitioners have time to spout rubbish.  I think maybe it is because you get an insight into the possibilities for self-deception and obsession - that and further demonstrations of the ultimate internet skill of trolling.

That's part of it.  Who can win the title of most subtle troll, or who is insane or did they just forget to take their meds?  Inquiring minds want to know ... and watch.

I think the other part is it's like watching car wrecks, or even better, a train wreck in slow motion, who isn't grabbed to watch that kind of thing.  Here are some examples.

Just kidding, this is the most dangerous race on the planet:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Apech said:

Mainly because in a way This is the new bloodsport. We have a primal desire for challenge and it's a reminder of that what makes us feel alive. Nowadays opinions an posts an sarcasm are weapons and instead of lives on the life, there dignity and a person's reputation as well as social value.

It's inborn an most don't know what they are doing or why, but after becoming cognizant of it - it becomes a choice to participate or not. Our own weapons turn against us an we feel bad, initially, then we begin to try to make the world a better place. Even if for a moment in eternity. It's my point of view which might be insane lol.

This clip explains the things better.

It's from a movie but it helps me get my understanding across better using borrowed props

Well I just deleted my password, so I'm leaving. I just noticed I was still logged in so I thought I'd let you know you won't be seeing me here again.

As I said to a friend of mine a few years ago -- we're on different trajectories -- next stop for me is extended fasted meditations in a forest. I'm going super high level with my practice, all the fucking way to 7th chakra and beyond!

THANKS GUYS!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Aletheia said:

Well I just deleted my password, so I'm leaving. I just noticed I was still logged in so I thought I'd let you know you won't be seeing me here again.

As I said to a friend of mine a few years ago -- we're on different trajectories -- next stop for me is extended fasted meditations in a forest. I'm going super high level with my practice, all the fucking way to 7th chakra and beyond!

THANKS GUYS!

Take it easy kiddo. Best of luck on your travels.

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:03 AM, Aletheia said:

I'll tell you "why not" because it's just a personal attack, no better than a child in the play ground calling someone a name and then running away

and this thread was not a personal attack on the forum ?

. If you think there's something wrong with drew's work you need to show first that you understand the work in a broad sense and then point out the problem and explain where it's going wrong.

I see you haven't followed our other conversations. Its not 'his work' , but a whole lot of other issues in various areas.

I will leave that for now , as I been away a bit and I wonder how this will pan out   ( actually, I don't wonder .... I know  ;) )

Say Lomax posts something and I reply saying Lomax you're a fucking dick sucking tranny speedo wearing whore.

Whoa there buddy !    I said stuff just like that did I ?

Or is this someone saying much worse than I ever had here and somehow trying to implicate that it is me ? 

Or is this just me 'winding you up' again ?     And I should keep quite and allow the above inference to stand .

Looks like my above prediction is moving closer to a climax .

The error in my thinking would be that what I have said doesn't address anything concerning the topic at hand and moreover I've really just provided a grandstand for my emotions to let rip and really made a complete idiot of myself.

Okay  .   :blink:

Now the last time I checked this is a qigong forum so it ought to be a place where serious practitioners can learn and exchange ideas. Right now that is not happening and I think that's a problem.

The forum is more than just a qigong  forum , if it was not, it would not have the sections it does .

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 5:59 PM, Apech said:

It is well known who owns the site, it is well known how the Admin/Mod team work, the rules are explicit and the range and scope of the site (i.e. not exclusively Daoist or qigong) is also well known.  Or if you don't know it is easy to find out.  The site does have some adverts but the owner has to pay for the domain and the software license for the message board - so fair enough because it is free at the user end (although you can choose to subscribe).

The best thing about this place is that it has managed to totally avoid any orthodoxy - so the moderators are not here to enforce any particular path, philosophy or spiritual practice.  They enforce the rules as explicitly stated and this is (usually) triggered by a report from a member.  Whether or not they have achieved some advanced level in their own personal practice or system is irrelevant to this because they do not moderate the ideas or content of posts but just your conduct - like for instance repeatedly attempting to dox someone after having been asked not to.

Having been a mod I would say it is a thankless task (and at times quite time consuming) and so I think we should appreciate that people are giving up their time voluntarily to read through all this garbage and make decisions about it.  There may be occasionally inconsistencies and so on - but I have always thought it is up to us to behave with dignity and not whining little bitches on these rare occasions.  It is a good lesson to improve one's own personal conduct - and much more beneficial than the wire up the backside (although I fully support the diversity of choice in the wire insertion community).

I've been on here ten years and can say the mods are doing a great job and we owe them a debt of gratitude - so thanks!

Because they wear speedos  ? 

Of the many forums I post on this one has the best and most liberal mods .        

You rock guys !

Image result for amazing minerals

• Like 5

On ‎15‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 5:46 AM, Aletheia said:

THANKS GUYS!

No point doing abandoning. Just wait you will get Yin. I have the same issue like you. The idea is if you wait you get less yinYin, but more yangYin.

If you going for yangYin, you need battle too, and this thread is example, so you have done nothing wrong.

• Like 1

also unban Void, banning someone when we all know what it is is unprecedented.

Basically taking someone rights away to play a game where that option is part of the game. Really awesome game.

On ‎14‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 9:44 PM, Apech said:

The suspension that can be spoken is not the constant/eternal suspension.

eternal is not eternal what can be talked about.

1 hour ago, allinone said:

also unban Void, banning someone when we all know what it is is unprecedented.

Basically taking someone rights away to play a game where that option is part of the game. Really awesome game.

eternal is not eternal what can be talked about.

Not unprecedented, he has been in this predicament before.

It is not all like taking away someone's right to play video games, this is a private forum with rules, and not anyone's mother's basement.

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

It is not all like taking away someone's right to play video game, this is a private forum with rules, and not anyone's mother's basement.

Voidisyinandyang is quite the veteran when it comes to being suspended from the forum. I daresay he's probably an older member than me and has been in and out the door ever since i can recall. He may have even learned to enjoy it after all these years. 

Edited by WayofChi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kar3n said:

It is not all like taking away someone's right to play video games, this is a private forum with rules, and not anyone's mother's basement.

but its about forum rules, so someone who fight toward change is to go against rules what govern it.

That is also one of the reason why private forum doesn't work where you can mod it yourself, because that's not how you can defeat oneself.

Do you start grasp about the motive?

35 minutes ago, WayofChi said:

Voidisyinandyang is quite the veteran when it comes to being suspended from the forum. I daresay he's probably an older member than me and has been in and out the door ever since i can recall. He may have even learned to enjoy it after all these years. 

i think he is embedded in spiritual keywords, who ever search in internet will read some of the article written by him or about him.

Karen and other mods(people with power) you do excellent work. I get so much free experience that it would be sin not to mention it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, allinone said:

No point doing abandoning. Just wait you will get Yin. I have the same issue like you. The idea is if you wait you get less yinYin, but more yangYin.

If you going for yangYin, you need battle too, and this thread is example, so you have done nothing wrong.

To harmonize the two, isn't it?

That too is difficult because in the beginning one must do so with intent and that is opposed to the end results desired.

35 minutes ago, allinone said:

but its about forum rules, so someone who fight toward change is to go against rules what govern it.

But even I, the self-proclaimed Anarchist must comply with the rules of the forum.  Life isn't just about me.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, allinone said:

That is also one of the reason why private forum doesn't work where you can mod it yourself, because that's not how you can defeat oneself.

Do you start grasp about the motive?

Many have tried and failed to buck the system, void's case is just another example.

Private forums work just fine with a good set of simple posting guidelines and a staff that enforces them. The bums has been around for a little more than 13 years. I do not see the likes of you or anyone else with a motive to change how things are run here being successful.

Grasping is pretty much outside of the scope of how I practice. Motives here only interest me when they are geared toward the detriment of TDB and/or its members.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

But even I, the self-proclaimed Anarchist must comply with the rules of the forum.  Life isn't just about me.

there is a possibility that you have other things in mind and following forum rules are secondary importance. But if the same thing what get you banned is what gives you also freedom. Its pretty much impossible to not to get banned if you want to get free.

Forum masters can't or or are too lazy to give the death experience. Basically a suspense or ban is the convenient way to do it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, allinone said:

there is a possibility that you have other things in mind and following forum rules are secondary importance. But if the same thing what get you banned is what gives you also freedom. Its pretty much impossible to not to get banned if you want to get free.

True that.  But then there is nothing going on here that is against my philosophy so I am free but living according to my own personal values.

6 minutes ago, allinone said:

Forum masters can't or or are too lazy to give the death experience. Basically a suspense or ban is the convenient way to do it.

Hehehe.  I am beyond death.  Been there, done that.  Over the years there have been a few who felt they were beyond the law and eventually it got them "permanently" banned.  The death sentence.  Suspension is just a "time out".  Go sit in the corner and keep your mouth shut.  Even a ban can be reversed and the member will be given another chance.

• Like 1