Aletheia

The Problem With The Forum Admin...

12 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Are you from the Jedi communities?

No, but I am a big fan of StarWars. B)

I  didn't know there were Jedi communities; my path is WuDao (no fixed path).

• Like 2

MOD NOTICE & WARING

We do not reveal personal information (name, address, business affiliations, social media profiles, etc.) on members, moderators, admin or the owner of this site. It is very clear in the terms of service that every member agrees to during the registration process. There have been three posts hidden that contain personal information.

There will be hefty suspensions issued if folks continue to publish personal information.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, WuDao said:

Kar3n, I assume one of those was mine, no harm no foul. (-:

No ma'am. I have not hidden any of your posts.

https://www.thedaobums.com/profile/3-sean/

So since this member joined a few  years before the website was officially registered and he has the same name as the owner of the site and he says he's an Httl programmer - and does programming to the site -

I thought this was Sean.... who is named on the site - he went by his full name.

Anyway so this must be the owner's profile.

~~~ ADMIN NOTICE ~~~

Voidisyinyang is suspense until further notice for repeatedly trying to share someone's persons info.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, dawei said:

~~~ ADMIN NOTICE ~~~

Voidisyinyang is suspense until further notice for repeatedly trying to share someone's persons info.

I don't know if that is a good idea dawei,  he might start vibrating his third eye at the 18th octave to achieve the cosmic resonance and make you start having an O at the D and smelling like poop because of electrochemical jing chi octave conversion, or something like that.

Edited by Ilovecoffee
  • Like 4

Well I'm still getting drew's suspension notifications.

Although I did notice a couple of times I'll hit the wrong keyboard key or select the wrong thing on screen and it gets corrected for some reason. So maybe that's just another paranormal instance in effect.

Anyway, I'm getting back into my practice starting tomorrow. I went out the other day and took a couple of days off to recover so now I'm going to try and do a month or two straight without any distractions and I'll probably end up going to the countryside like I keep talking about during this time as well.

I am wondering exactly how many people are actually practicing real qigong on this forum? My guess is about 5 people. I'm not really sure what everyone else is getting up too tbh and I'm not sure I really want to know either.

Edited by Aletheia
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Aletheia said:

I am wondering exactly how many people are actually practicing real qigong on this forum? My guess is about 5 people.

Everyone except you.

• Like 1

I am going to put my vote in.

Mod team you guys run an awesome fun forum :)  Regular members are wicked cool!  & Most of the general community has some great discussions.

Keep up the awesome job guys!

• Like 11

What I can't quite work out is why threads like this are garbage and yet fascinating.  Pages and pages of garbage in fact and the same people who claim to be genuine practitioners have time to spout rubbish.  I think maybe it is because you get an insight into the possibilities for self-deception and obsession - that and further demonstrations of the ultimate internet skill of trolling.

It is well known who owns the site, it is well known how the Admin/Mod team work, the rules are explicit and the range and scope of the site (i.e. not exclusively Daoist or qigong) is also well known.  Or if you don't know it is easy to find out.  The site does have some adverts but the owner has to pay for the domain and the software license for the message board - so fair enough because it is free at the user end (although you can choose to subscribe).

The best thing about this place is that it has managed to totally avoid any orthodoxy - so the moderators are not here to enforce any particular path, philosophy or spiritual practice.  They enforce the rules as explicitly stated and this is (usually) triggered by a report from a member.  Whether or not they have achieved some advanced level in their own personal practice or system is irrelevant to this because they do not moderate the ideas or content of posts but just your conduct - like for instance repeatedly attempting to dox someone after having been asked not to.

Having been a mod I would say it is a thankless task (and at times quite time consuming) and so I think we should appreciate that people are giving up their time voluntarily to read through all this garbage and make decisions about it.  There may be occasionally inconsistencies and so on - but I have always thought it is up to us to behave with dignity and not whining little bitches on these rare occasions.  It is a good lesson to improve one's own personal conduct - and much more beneficial than the wire up the backside (although I fully support the diversity of choice in the wire insertion community).

I've been on here ten years and can say the mods are doing a great job and we owe them a debt of gratitude - so thanks!

• Like 12

On 8/13/2017 at 9:56 AM, Kar3n said:

Do not feed 

The thread will wash away.

#tdbcultivation101

7 pages ago...

i did not read those 7 pages filled up with circles

9 hours ago, WuDao said:

That which pisses me off is the best mirror I have.

That should be an acknowledged fact for every one.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, WuDao said:

Nah..he could go naked in a tent. It rained here on the mountain this morning, first rain in 44 days. I was out laughing & dancing in gratitude. Naked. (-:

That's wonderful, it's so nice to live out in nature and be free to wear what we want or not.  Her near the wquator at high altitude the ultraviolet during mid day gets intense and dangerous so it's best to grab some rays early morning or late afternoon.

• Like 1

To those questioning the mods' expertise and the quality of qigong on this board - they are quite literally using their Yi to guide the Qi of this board in the most unobtrusive way possible. They are actively removing blockages to healthy, unobstructed communication at all times - usually in the background. They practice TDB Qigong. If you find yourself suspended or banned, it means you were acting as an obstruction to healthy flow through this community. For those who have been banned or suspended more than once, you really ought to consider that your practices may not be working, whatever they may be.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Apech said:

What I can't quite work out is why threads like this are garbage and yet fascinating.  Pages and pages of garbage in fact and the same people who claim to be genuine practitioners have time to spout rubbish. 

I've been on here ten years and can say the mods are doing a great job and we owe them a debt of gratitude - so thanks!

I agree, been hanging out on the Tao Bums for awhile myself. I think the ability of the Mod Squad aka Troll Slayers has only grown with time. -_-

There are actually some good posts in this thread, all you have to do to find them is put the Trolls on Ignore. :P

Edited by WayofChi
  • Like 3

This is a forum, spiritual achievement has nothing to do with it. Anyone would get a suspension if they were being a douche and disregarding the rules, Lao Tzu included. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, 子泰 said:

This is a forum, spiritual achievement has nothing to do with it. Anyone would get a suspension if they were being a douche and disregarding the rules, Lao Tzu included. 

Lao Tzu especially as he should be setting a proper example.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marblehead said:

Lao Tzu especially as he should be setting a proper example.

The suspension that can be spoken is not the constant/eternal suspension.

• Like 7