Sign in to follow this  
windwalker

https: not secure

The site is coming up as "not secure"  in my browser 

"This server could not prove that it is www.thedaobums.com; its security certificate expired yesterday. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Saturday, August 12, 2017. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page."

Edited by windwalker
  • Like 2

I just now got that too... strange...

Edit: got that twice, now twice, exactly the same click path, and didn't get it. :rolleyes:

Edited by cheya
  • Like 2

Me 4, I got this:

thedaobums.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate expired on August 12, 2017 at 6:31 PM. The current time is August 12, 2017 at 7:12 PM.

Error code: SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE

Using Firefox on a Mac. I had to over ride Firefox security setting.

• Like 1

me 5 -- and Firefox on a Mac didn't let me connect to the site at all.  Presently using Safari to write this, which allowed me to "connect to the site anyway" but then directed the post I wrote in another thread straight into the nearest black hole, so I don't know if this one will make it through.

• Like 3

Sean just needs to renew the certificate.  I would anticipate this being corrected shortly (as in tomorrow or Monday...)

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Oh noooooo    !

There is hole in the strategic defence shield  !

:o

Do not worry. 

We are safe.

:D

• Like 1

I noticed that many forum topics made before 2013 or so are not secure. Check out a thread made then, and there is no lock sign in the url, or it says its not secure.

But it still says https, so i don’t know. 

Edit: maybe it’s not determined by the date, but many older topics are more likely not to have the lock in the url. Is this something to worry about? For example, I first reslised this when most of the early pages of the pinned thread called simplify had security issues and the lock had gone.

Edited by Phoenix3
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Phoenix3 said:

I noticed that many forum topics made before 2013 or so are not secure. Check out a thread made then, and there is no lock sign in the url, or it says its not secure.

But it still says https, so i don’t know. 

Edit: maybe it’s not determined by the date, but many older topics are more likely not to have the lock in the url. Is this something to worry about? For example, I first reslised this when most of the early pages of the pinned thread called simplify had security issues and the lock had gone.

Looks like there can be a few reasons for this.  I was able to definitely determine one is causing it.   

If the thread has any insecure links, then the 'lock' will not show up.  Now, it doesn't have to be a link that takes you somewhere, it can be a link to an image.

I deleted the image in question and the lock showed up on that thread.

Moral of the story:  Only click on a link that has a https if you concerned about whether to click or not.

• Like 2

I had to chuckle at this topic, and hear Sam Kinison screaming somehwere

"insecure?!?!  you're connected to the f* INTERNET!!! by its very definition insecure!!! ow ohhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

but yeah, certs do expire :D

• Like 2

some of the best hiking I have experienced was with an older man named Mac in the high sierras.

mammouth lakes ca.

always off topic

and nothing to say

Sign in to follow this