Hancock

Appeal to Kar3n to stand down as moderator

3 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

I've gotten plenty of warnings from Karen, and she has always been right, and I always mended things according to her requests.  I can be such a volatile asshole sometimes, (mainly in forums =) , I got banned from here four times, and name calling for me is a type of high level creative expression which was trained into me early on when my four brothers and I used to sit around the dinner table having big arguments which included as much character assassination as possible.  Also when I was a young feller I was a biker (a loner not a groupie) and worked in the shipyards, so rough talking and slamming passive aggressive (your favorite insulting name goes here) with direct aggression is in my nature.  Screw the passive stuff ... although it flies well on most forums.

Practicing restraint is a good exercise, and forums are good for that.

I understand that kind of thing, some of my friends we call each other assholes an cuss like sailors, my other friends are too prim and proper for that.

Completely understand your view. My situation is I know how to lower my head to people, never got along authority too well cause I can't stand being told what to do. I'm a free bird, always have been.

Edited by Zenmode

14 minutes ago, Zenmode said:

The way you love your wife in your heart just radiates. I wish you a long and happy marriage. 

We have been together for 17 years. I am glad it shows.

Thank you for that Ed.

1 minute ago, Jonesboy said:

We have been together for 17 years. I am glad it shows.

Thank you for that Ed.

No problem Barnaby Jones

I was engaged to a white woman once but the town we live in didn't like it, dirty looks, her dad kicked her out, her friends quit talking to her, the church asked her to step down from choir. I saw the pain she was go in thru for me, and ended it with her. Hold onto that love bud. Your lucky to have it.

I gotta run, take it easy.

Edited by Zenmode

57 minutes ago, Zenmode said:

Agree with almost everything you said.

that's good, now put in in perspective

Except only those who live under the rules of what you give you get, actually happen.

some people call it karma, you seem to get quite a lot back and you're being pretty reactive too

I don't live in that because I've evolved passed it, for better or worse.

your frequency is spilling all over the forum, and not in a good and healthy way as is the case with some people here who really are developed further. Those people would not think of saying ( or thinking) that they are beyond karma.

You did stop antagonizing for a while til you saw this opening to make a snide remark.

This was not a snide remark, it was an earned attack on your behavior. I've read many of your posts and had as many openings. 

But my interest in snide-remarks is much smaller then you think.

Whether you took it serious or not, you've shown how petty you are, an that you were in essence affected.

I do not take you serious, but the way you are disrupting the forum I do take serious. 

I understand cowardice, I'm still overcoming mine. 

the best of luck with it, I've some characteristics that need pruning, but cowardice is not among them.

I understand a bruised ego kiddo.

I'm no kiddo, but a grown woman. Talking down to someone can give you the feeling of being larger. Which is exactly your problem right now.

It's okay,you'll get better by convincing yourself I'm a dumbness or something that makes you feel higher than me.

Talking down again and you're mirroring nicely, it seems to play a role for you.though. Giving advice to everybody as if you're the teacher here. Saying you're beyond karma, lecturing people about how they should diminish their ego...sigh. First take a look at your own ego 

Here's one, I'm poor.

whats that to do with it? playing the victim again?

shrug

time to hit the ignore button again

edit : typos

Edited by blue eyed snake
  • Like 4

What a lot of stuff and nonsense.

I like kar3n and consider her a fine moderator. Moderating this forum is a thankless job and it is impossible to keep everyone happy. The present team do a damn good job as far as I am concerned.

I am saddened that this thread was started, especially as it gave Ilovecoffee    (The Great More Pie Bore) another opportunity to bemoan the treatment of More Pie Wallah's on the forum.

• Like 8

I can recall being down and out and received a thank you vote from kar3n after I posted a photo awhile ago.

at that given moment it meant the world to me and still does.

the rest of you monkeys need to deal with some the fundamental.

she is the only one here that knows who switters is!

:-)

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Chang said:

What a lot of stuff and nonsense.

I like kar3n and consider her a fine moderator. Moderating this forum is a thankless job and it is impossible to keep everyone happy. The present team do a damn good job as far as I am concerned.

Yeah, moderating in general is a pretty thankless job. You couldn't pay me to ever do it again. 

I think the worst part of it is having to read all the huge, mind-numbing posts and rants, and having to address them seriously. I quite enjoy being able to skim or ignore people or just laugh at their rants. :lol:

Edited by morning dew
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

she is the only one here that knows who switters is!

:-)

It looks like you know too, and now I want to know!

OOps, I had read what where instead it is a who.

Edited by Starjumper

3 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Given the level of interaction and how you brought up a lot of old baggage immediately, why would I i) want to interact with you directly, ii) trust you to do as I ask when you historically have not done that before for anything, iii) understand and accept it without questions, arguments, or justification?  

It has NEVER been about different views, whether it was me explaining the rules of our school or the rules of this forum, you just disagree with the rules. I once saw some tourists from Australia take off their shirts in a temple because they were hot in Cambodia who said that they weren't Hindus or Buddhists, and because of that, the rules didn't apply to them to keep their shirts on. They were unceremoniously thrown out without a refund and banned from entering Angkor National Park. A more homegrown example is if I ask you to remove your shoes when in my house and you disagree with the rules, then you can't come in. That doesn't mean we see things differently and I am not open to your views or caught in ego traps as you have accused me of, it means you can't recognize, respect, or understand the basic rules that have been set forth. Furthermore, you argue and justify that you are right and above the rules set forth for everyone to follow. 

I shall point you to the analogy here I posted in reference to your thinking that we have different views and correct your erroneous view that emptying your cup is just a different perspective; NO: you don't impose YOUR house rules on OUR house rules. 

Feel good getting that off your chest?

Woe is me -  Fame over demise

1 hour ago, blue eyed snake said:

that's good, now put in in perspective

some people call it karma, you seem to get quite a lot back and you're being pretty reactive too

your frequency is spilling all over the forum, and not in a good and healthy way as is the case with some people here who really are developed further. Those people would not think of saying ( or thinking) that they are beyond karma.

This was not a snide remark, it was an earned attack on your behavior. I've read many of your posts and had as many openings. 

But my interest in snide-remarks is much smaller then you think.

I do not take you serious, but the way you are disrupting the forum I do take serious. 

the best of luck with it, I've some characteristics that need pruning, but cowardice is not among them.

I'm no kiddo, but a grown woman. Talking down to someone can give you the feeling of being larger. Which is exactly your problem right now.

Talking down again and you're mirroring nicely, it seems to play a role for you.though. Giving advice to everybody as if you're the teacher here. Saying you're beyond karma, lecturing people about how they should diminish their ego...sigh. First take a look at your own ego 

whats that to do with it? playing the victim again?

shrug

time to hit the ignore button again

edit : typos

Your probably right.

u

5 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

They are quite polite here, but not by your standards. This is why you have been suspended and they are still here. 

And yes: posting my real name is a violation because even if I didn't ask you to, that doesn't mean that you can go out and tell everyone my name, even if you are posting positively. Would you feel happy if you sent dick pics to someone privately, and then they posted them all over this forum, but didn't identify it as you?

Furthermore, you only found out my real name because you stalked me when I still had my Flickr link on my TDB profile and found my Skype and name. You didn't even ask me--you looked all over the Internet based on that link and found a few threads and connections that I have since removed to avoid that. 

My name is my privacy, and you have no right to post it, whether I have explicitly said so or not. And even if you didn't directly connect my name to my username here, unfortunately, it's my name, and I don't want it posted here. You wouldn't delete it when the mods asked you nicely. You yourself even said in that same thread that showing people your real name is a form of humility through vulnerability--that's nice when it's your name, but why post mine? Your logic makes no sense. 

Lastly, I have no influence here--I simply get what I give. Respect is earned, not deserved, and I've had arguments with a few members here and knew when to back off, and apologized even before a mod needed to step in. I have yet to see that humility within you, but perhaps as you have repeated time and again, you've conquered your ego so much that you are beyond humility

I think your stalking thing is bullcrap, dude we Skyped before u got uppity with me. I saw u had knowledge an so I asked u to be my friend because there were weird coincidences that led me your way.

You never explained any rules of the school to me, you just expected me to follow what you said without question. Dude, I see how it is now. Just a bullshit game to further discredit what I say. Yea I admit to being a bit of a dick but now you're saying I'm a stalker, what next am I a thief or murderer too? Go somewhere else with that noise, you've lost my respect with your bull.

Two thoughts come to mind:

It takes two old women to fight; one stick wont burn.

and

A  child will continue to act badly because any attention is still better than being  ignored.

Zenmode, I wish for you peace and healing. :wub:

~~~~~~~~

Fun, for a while, to watch a cat toy with a mouse; then, suddenly, it's not. Play gently, bums.

:exit thread:

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

No, I told you immediately in our private messages that that was stalking, and you apologized and disagreed in the same sentence. I still have those messages, and just because you deleted them in your account doesn't mean that they disappear in mine.

I did explain the rules of the school just like I sent you and other people the same links about etiquette in other threads from the Art of Manliness, which you obviously either never read or disregarded completely. You of course disagreed when I explained them and assumed I was ego-tripping and went off on your usual tirade about others not respecting differing points of view. We are done, Zenmode, because all has been explained and has come to light, by me, by mods, and other members. 

You have fun going around with that attitude and entitlement on TDB and life--we've all seen how successful that's been here so far. 

Dude finding info bout who u talk to online isn't stalking, it's being informative . I was going thru a lot an wanted to know who is was dealing with, I mean no offense you both scammed me pretty good. You an that guy conned me, I fell for it, ha ha. I lost money over YouTube videos they made for other people and promises that weren't kept. I guess I didn't do research enough.

Whatever man, I just know that you took advantage of my position an introduced me to your associate who ripped me off. Now yourcl respected here an that means when you reported I had 2accounts you probably talked smack to Kar3n bout me, thereby instigating this situation thru her.

I didn't respond well to what's saw as unfair forcing an issue of 2 accounts, an the restless to where we are now.

Me tired of this dead horse but knowing til u get ur feelings out, it won't stop. Now that being said, I got conned by you an the guy you recommended. Shame on me for hoping an that letting that hope drive me to do desperate things to get better at a low point in my life. 

Btw before your enlightened, chop wood, carry water, after enlightenment, chop wood carry water.difference is it's you doing it, not the ego pulling strings from behind the scenes. Some  egoless people end up saints an as monks, others most of the others such as myself live a seemingly ordinary life but everything becomes a bit different because everyone in their own way who is attached to the ego will see you kind of like the highlander, someone to challenge. An other egoless people might misunderstand you because it's tough not having an ego, you still have a sense of self but the world doesn't revolve around that any more.

26 minutes ago, WayofChi said:

Love you Karen.

Me too - we're fortunate to have you as a member of this community.

26 minutes ago, WayofChi said:

Keep doing an outstanding job as a moderator. ;) :wub:

Yes, but only if you want to. 

When you've had enough, give it up.

A few needy egos take up nearly all of one's moderating effort.

They haven't reached a place where they can see or accept their responsibility in the conflict and that tends not to change.

It can sour the experience here over time.

Eventually I found that they weren't worth the energy and time and gave it up. 

I'm not proud of that but it was my reaction to the experience of being a moderator.

I have great respect, appreciation, and gratitude for anyone who volunteers to moderate.

If you can't get along with the mods here, the problem is in you, not in them.

I think most members see the truth in this.

• Like 7

Administrative Notice

The OP has said he is tired of this thread, maybe because he is not getting the responses from other members that he wants to his complaint.  I wouldn't close this for his sake, but personally I am tired of it also, and at least one member has suggested that this thread be locked and since the idea had already occurred to me anyway, I'm going to go ahead and do that very thing.  It may or may not be opened up again depending on discussion among the staff.

Zhongyongdaoist, Concierge

• Like 13

14 hours ago, Zenmode said:

It shouldn't be a place where others are afraid to express themselves.

~ ADMIN COMMENTS ~

Agreed.  Folks should say what they want but there are some boundaries and revealing another's personal information is not permitted.   Some folks want to soap box about how they can't talk because of this or that and then that becomes all they talk about... how they can't talk.   In fact, what is related is not really true but folks will believe what they want and play the persecuted and martyr.   Life's too short. There are lots of websites.  If folks want online interaction, there are lots of places to find it without playing games... but some just like to find a place to play games too.    

13 hours ago, Zenmode said:

I told her I didn't recognize her power over me personally. Then I knew her banning me was inevitable,

She then sent a message saying

The fact is I've no power over the staff here, I've no say in how you run your private board, but I have a say in my life and the things that happen to me.

They might even erase my messages and permaban me, but that's their karmic wrong doing. I will have this moment where I have spoken freely an without remorse for the good of the community.

~ ADMIN COMMENTS ~

Let's keep it simple: It is not personal. 

Members should not reveal folks personal information nor personal messages.  You've done both.

You don't have say over the board but we have a say over your life here.   It never plays out well to disregard the rules and then call out staff. 

5 hours ago, Zenmode said:

People are responsible for their own actions.

You know I tried to appeal my ban when I was banned by using the Contact us on the website, an in a message to me she said that the admin still hadn't contActed her bout my appeal, this is what I'm dealing with.

As for Kar3n doing a great job, she probably does splendid in all other aspects of this job, just in her dealings with me personally  she's not done good work an I've called it out. 

~ ADMIN COMMENTS ~

Your first point is very good and you should take it to heart.

If your appeal gets no answer then the higher court has left the lower court ruling in place...  I hope an analogy works here.

It is not your job to call out staff in threads although I don't really mind it in the sense that we should be open to talk about a concern, but if you were really serious you would realize that your appeal was tried and there was no action.   To take it to public posting now seems to just attempt to stir up problems... but for what purpose?  (I've read what your wrote, so this is rhetorical and I don't expect any answer or PM, thanks in advance).  

Here's the deal and let's keep it simple:  Making public, a grudge against staff is nothing to be gain particularly after you already appealed to me.  If the site discussions are of interest, then participate.  Folks like to share and hear of others energy practices. 

• Like 7

On 8/12/2017 at 9:53 AM, Starjumper said:

name calling for me is a type of high level creative expression which was trained into me early on when my four brothers and I used to sit around the dinner table having big arguments which included as much character assassination as possible.  Also when I was a young feller I was a biker (a loner not a groupie) and worked in the shipyards, so rough talking and slamming passive aggressive (your favorite insulting name goes here) with direct aggression is in my nature.  Screw the passive stuff ... although it flies well on most forums.

Lol, I feel ya Steve My Grandfather whom I love more than any man I have ever known was as rough and tough as you get.

Retired Army WW2 Vet who saw all kind of action in the Philippians. He had to Kill the Japanese soldiers with his bare hands at times. Stuff he never spoke of until he found out I joined the Army.

From the earliest memories I have of him he would not tolerate any sign of weakness whatsoever at all.  He taught me to be tough and how to take pain.  Driving down the road he would reach over and grab the inside of my thigh pinch and twist and look at me and say how do you like this turtle bite? 

What the matter ya gonna cry?! Go Ahead I'll stick you in a fucking dress. I would grit my teeth and think of all the hateful things I would do to him to get even when I got big. He could see it in my squinted eyes and would lay off.  

Another time in the 70's when glass stove tops were new he yelled at me saying don't touch that fucking stove top it's hot and I don't want to here you fucking cry.

I looked him in the eye and slammed my hand on the burner. He flew across the room and yanked my burnt hand off the burner exclaiming you mean little sonofabitch!  and doctored my wound.

Another time a kid was picking on a girl in class was poking people with a pencil really hard and I said knock it off. He decided he was going to stab me in the face with the pencil. I threw up my hand and took the pencil in the palm then slugged the shit out of him.

Needless to say got sent to the nurse and the principals office. Grandad was visiting he picked me up and sung my praises for not being a little pussy and taking a stand.

My Mother his daughter was aghast and kept saying Dad he likes to fight too much already you can't encourage that he is going o get thrown out of school.

Grandad laughed all the harder saying God Damn it Sharon are you trying to raise little  girls?? Some day he is going to be a man and he better damn well learn how to fight.

Mom was right I got thrown out of school allot. Smiles. Poor Mom!

I had two brothers who grew up with me and it was pretty common for us to bicker and see who would break first. 

I ran Landscaping Crews for years mostly with EX Convicts as employees and those well on their way. So yeah we know the rough side of life.

I agree listen to Kar3n she is a good moderator who actually cares about the community here.

• Like 2

Hmm ... this forum ain't no different from ordinary life.

You get stalkers walkers and talkers.

And people in power usually employ their friends so they can keep it just the way they like it.

And then ?
What do you expect from humans !

They ain't Buddhas.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, rideforever said:

Hmm ... this forum ain't no different from ordinary life.

You get stalkers walkers and talkers.

And people in power usually employ their friends so they can keep it just the way they like it.

And then ?
What do you expect from humans !

They ain't Buddhas.

Humans ain’t Buddha’s? 🤔 

46 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

Humans ain’t Buddha’s? 🤔 

Better question would be...

Would you know a Buddha if you met one? :)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

Better question would be...

Would you know a Buddha if you met one? :)

donald-trump-buddha.jpeg

• Haha 4

Good point! I would like to think I would. 

Reminds me of years ago there was a Japanese man who was WW2 era Japanese.

I could feel his presence across the room he was good and loving and gentle yet strong for as small as he was he should not have been able to lift outboard motors on a boat with one hand but not only did but held it in mid air while my brothers and I untangled the prop.

He would smile and laugh and say Oh Nay hurry this thing is heavy, and smile a big toothy grin as he held it effortlessly.

There was a certain quality to him that drew the eye and your heart would feel gentle and peaceful and loving around him.

It was a bit like an electric switch when out of his presence it turned off. So I always have thought this is what a truly spiritually advanced being is.

Nice fellow turned out he was the former head of some high department having to do with acupuncture in Japan. His name was Takatoshi Ida. He went by Ida. Which sounds like E da

He was a doctor and did indeed cure me with Acupuncture once from the flu of all things!!

After he was done he said now you go lay down, you going to get very tired. So I went home and no sooner did I climb into bed  I fell out into a deep sleep.

I woke 4 hours later completely fine.

He has been a good memory for the last 36 years.

• Like 3