Hancock

Appeal to Kar3n to stand down as moderator

In a recent thread I mentioned the name of someone I knew and an a story that was told to me.

I used a person's offline name while making no references to that one individual, although I did reference another individual however in both initial references I spoke positively of them both during the posting. 

Then when commented on, I repaid why myself and one of the people no longer were associated. 

I saw someone complain in their online nAme thAt I had revealed personal information about them when I had not in any way pointed to their account here or who they were online here, just used the name I know them by offline.

I was told to alter my posting, in then sent a message to another staff member to look into the situation. However while I waited, I was given 5 minutes to alter my posts,.by the same moderAtor who (in a previous board post said "I hope no one complains as loudly about you", having indicated that this was a set up situation.

I would like a.different staff member to review the post and the Report this moderator said was reported on my post, and then message me with the yes or no on returning my original replies back to the forums.

I was banned for 3 days because someone felt I didn't respect their power as a moderator and attacked me in any way they could, I'd like restitution in the form of my posts being returned to the forum OR a coherent explanation of wrong doing on my part. OR Kar3n to for 3 days be removed as moderator for the obvious might s management of her position.

ive asked that her to leave me be and quit harassed.

Now in a just world there'd be repercussions for her actions..thAt probably not going to happen, however I felt it necessary to make a token attempt for the sake of the injustice and wrong doing having been done here.

I mean if I get banned for saying someone's name without directly connecting it to their account, what's up with that?

And by the same person who threatened to ban me for hAving an old account I hadn't accessed in months, an forgot the password to. I even asked her to delete it for me or merge it with this one, then another staff member was brought in to talk to me about it when she didn't do as asked an delete the old account.

As a bonus she strAight up lied and said that my old account was signed in under this same email.

Since day one this woman has been on my ass, I've reported, retorted, and have gotten nowhere.

I don't know her beef with me but it needs to stop.that's why I posted this in tech and forum support, because I need support from other staff members on making this harassment stop.

I mean plenty of you have said "go find another forum if you don't like it here." But that's just the thing besides a few things I enjoy reading some nd the camaraderie and the feedback you all have here but it's not worth my dignity as a human being.

Unfortunately, Zenmode life isn't fair.

No amount of begging is going to change anything.

We have a whole group of people here on this forum, too afraid to mention they practice MoPai or are members of our group because they don't want to be discriminated against or banned.

This is our cross to bear.

You will have to learn to let them spit in your face, and say "thank you, sir, may I have another" until they get bored and leave you alone.

What you have to understand is this is their forum,  for whatever strange reason Sean thinks these people need to run this forum, and or are doing a good job at running it.

He somehow is blind to what we have to put up with, or just doesn't care.

Ultimately we don't own this forum, and we are not in charge of it,  so we have no choice.

Freedom of speech does not apply to privately owned forums.

Edited by Ilovecoffee
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Unfortunately, Zenmode life isn't fair.

No amount of begging is going to change anything.

We have a whole group of people here on this forum, too afraid to mention they practice MoPai or are members of our group because they don't want to be discriminated against or banned.

This is our cross to bear.

You will have to learn to let them spit in your face, and say "thank you, sir, may I have another" until they get bored and leave you alone.

What you have to understand is this is their forum,  for whatever strange reason Sean thinks these people need to run this forum, and or are doing a good job at running it.

He somehow is blind to what we have to put up with, or just doesn't care.

Ultimately we don't own this forum, and we are not in charge of it,  so we have no choice.

Freedom of speech does not apply to privately owned forums.

It shouldn't be a place where others are afraid to express themselves.

That oppression is what I've tackled here since day one when I encountered it. Sometimes just because that's how it us, doesn't mean that's how it will stay. All it takes is someone in a position of authority to be brave enough to say or do something to change the way things are, an make a stand to alter the course of events.

Hell I didn't know bout the people being oppressed here for mo pai practice.

What I know is that standing up against oppression is something us humans do. Sometimes against the institutions we create.

My spirit has been beaten enough and now it's time to fight back. So just cause they spit in my face, I wont ask for another, I won't lower my head. If a person just gives up, without the fight to live, then they're already dead.

Actually it wasn't a spit in the face.  I believe Karen used the word Please and was polite.  Zenmode had been reported and the person asked for their name to be removed.  It is against the rules of this forum.  Zenmode refused, was asked again, Zenmode went into victim mode and got a 3 day suspension.  The next one will be longer. 

As Ilovecoffee points out this is a private forum, as well as a community for fellowship and discussion and there are rules.  You broke one, were asked to make a simple edit, more then once, you decided not to and were given a short suspension.  You are not a victim other then in your own mind.  

To the main point Karen does excellent work in an often thankless job.

• Like 11

37 minutes ago, thelerner said:

Actually it wasn't a spit in the face.  I believe Karen used the word Please and was polite.  Zenmode had been reported and the person asked for their name to be removed.  It is against the rules of this forum.  Zenmode refused, was asked again, Zenmode went into victim mode and got a 3 day suspension.  The next one will be longer. 

As Ilovecoffee points out this is a private forum, as well as a community for fellowship and discussion and there are rules.  You broke one, were asked to make a simple edit, more then once, you decided not to and were given a short suspension.  You are not a victim other then in your own mind.  

To the main point Karen does excellent work in an often thankless job.

I was told to alter the post.because someone complained,  I asked her to let another staff member discuss the issue with me.

I said I wouldn't tear it til another staff member had spoke to me, (because of previously having been harrassed by Kar3n). 

She said to change it, I asked for proof of what I did wrong.

She ignored me an gave me 5 minutes.

I told her I didn't recognize her power over me personally. Then I knew her banning me was inevitable, and I put that matrix clip where Smith absorbs Neo in the message and waited for the ban to take affect.

She then sent a message saying after she banned me saying how she wished she didn't have to ban me, an in essence saying i had forced her. I responded by saying, she 's an adult who makes her own choices and i didn't force her to ban me.

I'm no victim, that accusation is to try to make this person. But I've read Kar3n other responsibilities to some other members and she demeans and puts their values and views down.

Thelerner, im all for sticking by associates and people do need recognition for doing a good job. However when they disrespect others continually and get reported on for clearly disrespectful things they do, (not just to one person), and they continue on it's wrong.

The fact is I've no power over the staff here, I've no say in how you run your private board, but I have a say in my life and the things that happen to me.

I know you don't have to listen, you don't have to hear it, you might ignore or make fun of it, but for the spirit, for my self and others who have suffered this abuse of power, i haven't stayed quiet about this.

I'm not a victim, I've chosen to speak up and that scares those who abuse their power. there's nothing wrong with speaking up when someone has attempted to do something wrong, it's a conscious beings right to state their boundaries and fight for them.

They might even erase my messages and permaban me, but that's their karmic wrong doing. I will have this moment where I have spoken freely an without remorse for the good of the community.

Hi Zenmode,

One thing I learned a while back is to not argue with a Moderator.  If I have been requested by a Moderator to edit a post and I refuse to do so I can expect to be suspended for a while.

The situation above is quite similar to the situation that got me suspended.

Sure, I had my reasons.  You have your reasons.  Doesn't matter.  Sorry. 

I will suggest that if you pursue this issue any further you will be putting yourself in a compromised position.

Your suspension is over.  Time to move on.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

I wouldn't typically respond because I already made it clear I'm not going to engage with people who need a little more humility and respect for others, plus a little more priming on social norms and etiquette. The fact that both Zenmode and ilovecoffee are individuals whom I have sent the same links describing basic etiquette was neither something I predicted nor am I surprised. 

Because Karen is unfortunately the target of misplaced aggression and she has been historically very helpful and impartial, I am stepping in to put a stop to this and hopefully give some clarity. 

While your post may not have tied my name to my account, firstly, it doesn't take a genius to figure out who you referred to before in other threads and then in the thread where you posted my real name. Secondly, positive or negative, if someone doesn't want their real name posted, respect the request to remove it. On an added esoteric level, names have power and you are invoking this way.

In short, do not post someone's real name without their permission and remove it if you have been asked nicely. There were never any personal attacks or conspiracies. You were asked to remove it and you argued that you didn't need to, this is why you were asked to take a time out. 

As for Western Mo Pai, it is not news that every thread about "attacking" them has nothing to do with oppression. It has to do with them failing to recognize what is rude and disrespectful towards other practices. I even spent several pages on a thread explaining the choice of words was rude and ilovecoffee refused to heed that advice out of an odd sense of not being authentic. It is as though most Western Mo Pai members here feel it is their right to attack other practices but get surprised when people bite back and attack them. Ilovecoffee even appropriated Malcolm X and made the false comparison of oppression here.

This is truly a sad state of affairs because many members have tried to explain how to be civil here, but both of you have rejected those attempts and tried to justify yourselves. It is as though you both seek to appear as martyrs fighting against oppression and reject rules that stifle your being. Sadly this is not the case, as it only makes you appear like a tempestuous child throwing a tantrum.

All so-called oppression comes down to using language that offends here while showing no respect for other individuals  (whether it is dismissing a practice for not being "scientific" or calling a list of teachers frauds and shysters), or acting in a manner that is exceptionally unpleasant, which results in the community responding in kind by either calling you out after you refuse to be reasoned with or poking fun at you to stop taking yourself so seriously, or eventually just ignoring you altogether. This is how the so-called oppression begins.

If you would take one minute to consider how you are contributing to this reality while everyone else is jovial, open, respectful, playful, curious, engaging, and forgiving, you will discover that there is no conspiracy or assault on your being, and would be welcomed here warmly and openly.

Karen does a very good job and a thread like this is beyond disrespectful, and any sympathy that remained has most likely been lost, and I wouldn't be surprised if action gets taken for an inflammatory topic like this. 

Personally, I would like you both to take a little primer in etiquette and remain open to feedback instead of getting defensive and crying oppression. I usually assume good intentions lie behind unrefined manners. The problem is both of you have responded by justifying rather than being receptive. It's as though we are trying to tell you the rules of volleyball but you insist you understand because you know the rules of basketball, but your actions and dialogues have shown you understand neither volleyball nor basketball. 

I won't pretend to hope for an open or receptive response, based on historical behavior. But if we are truly Zen, then everything will begin when we empty our cup and consider that what we think we're getting is nothing at all like what we are actually getting. 

Earl,

There just isn't any way to sugar coat our position without outright lying about it.

If there is no objective evidence with scientists and medical doctors present to rule out fraud, we aren't interested in it. 

That at its core offends people here and there is nothing at all we can do about it, other than lie about our position.

3 hours ago, 小梦想 said:

I do love how people who through their unconscious actions bring about suffering yet are too blind to see it. Then cry unfairness and discrimination.

You are responsible for the way people treat you. No matter how much you want to think they are just being stupid, they are being stupid for a reason. 

Quite simply, your own actions and behavior are the reason for their being the way they are towards you.

People are responsible for their own actions. You hit someone, an whether th r y reflexively hit back or stand there dazed, they are responsible for their interaction with you.

3 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

I wouldn't typically respond because I already made it clear I'm not going to engage with people who need a little more humility and respect for others, plus a little more priming on social norms and etiquette. The fact that both Zenmode and ilovecoffee are individuals whom I have sent the same links describing basic etiquette was neither something I predicted nor am I surprised. 

Because Karen is unfortunately the target of misplaced aggression and she has been historically very helpful and impartial, I am stepping in to put a stop to this and hopefully give some clarity. 

While your post may not have tied my name to my account, firstly, it doesn't take a genius to figure out who you referred to before in other threads and then in the thread where you posted my real name. Secondly, positive or negative, if someone doesn't want their real name posted, respect the request to remove it. On an added esoteric level, names have power and you are invoking this way.

In short, do not post someone's real name without their permission and remove it if you have been asked nicely. There were never any personal attacks or conspiracies. You were asked to remove it and you argued that you didn't need to, this is why you were asked to take a time out. 

As for Western Mo Pai, it is not news that every thread about "attacking" them has nothing to do with oppression. It has to do with them failing to recognize what is rude and disrespectful towards other practices. I even spent several pages on a thread explaining the choice of words was rude and ilovecoffee refused to heed that advice out of an odd sense of not being authentic. It is as though most Western Mo Pai members here feel it is their right to attack other practices but get surprised when people bite back and attack them. Ilovecoffee even appropriated Malcolm X and made the false comparison of oppression here.

This is truly a sad state of affairs because many members have tried to explain how to be civil here, but both of you have rejected those attempts and tried to justify yourselves. It is as though you both seek to appear as martyrs fighting against oppression and reject rules that stifle your being. Sadly this is not the case, as it only makes you appear like a tempestuous child throwing a tantrum.

All so-called oppression comes down to using language that offends here while showing no respect for other individuals  (whether it is dismissing a practice for not being "scientific" or calling a list of teachers frauds and shysters), or acting in a manner that is exceptionally unpleasant, which results in the community responding in kind by either calling you out after you refuse to be reasoned with or poking fun at you to stop taking yourself so seriously, or eventually just ignoring you altogether. This is how the so-called oppression begins.

If you would take one minute to consider how you are contributing to this reality while everyone else is jovial, open, respectful, playful, curious, engaging, and forgiving, you will discover that there is no conspiracy or assault on your being, and would be welcomed here warmly and openly.

Karen does a very good job and a thread like this is beyond disrespectful, and any sympathy that remained has most likely been lost, and I wouldn't be surprised if action gets taken for an inflammatory topic like this. 

Personally, I would like you both to take a little primer in etiquette and remain open to feedback instead of getting defensive and crying oppression. I usually assume good intentions lie behind unrefined manners. The problem is both of you have responded by justifying rather than being receptive. It's as though we are trying to tell you the rules of volleyball but you insist you understand because you know the rules of basketball, but your actions and dialogues have shown you understand neither volleyball nor basketball. 

I won't pretend to hope for an open or receptive response, based on historical behavior. But if we are truly Zen, then everything will begin when we empty our cup and consider that what we think we're getting is nothing at all like what we are actually getting. 

You didn't pm me to ask to remove your name, if it was an issue you know I would've done it. No one asked nicely either.

I've nothing aggressive for Kar3n, even called off the weird protector spirits I've got when she crossed the line several times just brought to light something and I knew no one would help or much would be done about her behavior but I had to try.

You know I tried to appeal my ban when I was banned by using the Contact us on the website, an in a message to me she said that the admin still hadn't contActed her bout my appeal, this is what I'm dealing with.

Btw she asked to read me, I said no but felt someone doing it an my protector spirits went after whoever it was. I'm new to dealing with spirits in this way but I think I called them back an resealed them before anything was set in motion. Just in case tho, kar3n said she didn't read me, but I saw my protector spirits target, it was the girl in a picture standing by water, but she's older now.  Weird world we live in.

EG I agree that the backlighting and In fighting on this forum should stop,we're adults an people argue over their opinions and belief systems in here a lot, it makes it difficult to get the information needed at times.

As for Kar3n doing a great job, she probably does splendid in all other aspects of this job, just in her dealings with me personally  she's not done good work an I've called it out. 

EG, The moment I didn't see things your way you said I empty my cup. Didn't disagree an say your way was wrong, I just said it wAsn't for me an you refused to see the alternative. I saw an understand your views, I just knew it wasn't for me. I need Dr quit being your friend, you gave up on me bro.

17 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

I'm for Karen, long live Karen, screw the weenies.

The powers that be aren't going to do anything to her, so don't worry. But calling people weenies is disrespectful, exactly the crap that goes on here. I mean if I call you jackass, I'm sure I'll get a warning or something. Even if it's playing around or making an example. Life is Cray cray sometimes.

Oh and

The oppression is bout the having to hold the tongue out of fear of attacks from others over viewpoints. I see the easy going an happy stuff, but if someone disagrees with something, an says it aloud they are jumped by a few members who tear at the person or their beliefs. That's the oppression I'm talking bout. Especially when staff is involved doing the oppressing.

Would you guys talk to each other offline the same way you do to each other here? EG, you said my ettiquette is horrible, feel free look at posts from other people here. I've been asking for cleaning up an dignitytowards each other since I got here. Good luck getting people to be have better ettiquette here.

By the way, when I said Earl Grey in another post you got uppity an didn't want me to reference you, that's not against terms of service or violation of privacy. Not even saying your offline name is a violation, especially since you never asked me to not tell anyone here. You got kar3n respect an got juice here on the board, I understand people with ur kind of influence. It doesn't last forever.

Marblehead is probably right I should let things be, but in once saw someone getting mugged an immediately put my coat over my shoulder an walked the other way. They even called out to me for help. Since then I promised myself I would develop balls. So not backing down from this bullshyte is just one way I keep that promise.

Edited by Zenmode

Kar3n is a good mod, and it's an unthankful job too.

I commented some days ago on her being able to keep her calm, I do admire that.

I very much hope she stays

You put it better then I can. Picture in my mind rising was that of a small boy throwing sand in the sandbox. Then, when the other kids do not put up with that behavior running to the teacher, whining  " they're teasing me" A good teacher does not give leeway for such a child. Who started the nasty behavior, oh, it was you ( again) . In life you get what you're giving, that's a rule that can easily be learned in the sandbox.

yes, that is sort of what happens, first I'll ask politely for some civil behavior, then I start to poke fun and after that i use the ignore button. The latter being better for my mood and also for the others. Without that my tendency to bite would become all to visible ;)

Memes, 🤖, and Cat: I'm willing  to play nice with you  in the sandbox  HOWEVER  If you throw sand  at me  IMI bury you  like a CAT TURD!

and if someone from the staff deems this an inappropiate picture, I'll happily be suspended for a few days.

to remind zenmode about throwing sand at me

I did and do not take you serious, but what you give, you get back.

• Like 4

LOL, BES, I LOVE the sandbox analogy! 

These guys just don't get it: it's not resistance to their ideas so much as their inability to "play nice with others" that gets them in trouble. So the sandbox is perfect.

It's been said SO many times before, TDB is NOT  a democracy... It's a conversation in someone's living room, and there are RULES. If you cannot abide by the simple rules, please just go find some other parlor.

These two are lucky I'm no longer a mod, as I would have given them BOTH 3 more days suspension just for this thread!!!!  Kar3n's balance, fairness and outright restraint as a mod are outstanding.  DB is totally lucky she is willing to mod for us. 

Edited by cheya
spell
  • Like 6

Quit being a whiney DaoBum - you were suspended for three days - so XXXXing what????

On the other hand

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

Kar3n is a good mod, and it's an unthankful job too.

I commented some days ago on her being able to keep her calm, I do admire that.

I very much hope she stays

You put it better then I can. Picture in my mind rising was that of a small boy throwing sand in the sandbox. Then, when the other kids do not put up with that behavior running to the teacher, whining  " they're teasing me" A good teacher does not give leeway for such a child. Who started the nasty behavior, oh, it was you ( again) . In life you get what you're giving, that's a rule that can easily be learned in the sandbox.

yes, that is sort of what happens, first I'll ask politely for some civil behavior, then I start to poke fun and after that i use the ignore button. The latter being better for my mood and also for the others. Without that my tendency to bite would become all to visible ;)

Memes, 🤖, and Cat: I'm willing  to play nice with you  in the sandbox  HOWEVER  If you throw sand  at me  IMI bury you  like a CAT TURD!

and if someone from the staff deems this an inappropiate picture, I'll happily be suspended for a few days.

to remind zenmode about throwing sand at me

I did and do not take you serious, but what you give, you get back.

Agree with almost everything you said.

Except only those who live under the rules of what you give you get, actually happen. I don't live in that because I've evolved passed it, for better or worse.

You did stop antagonizing for a while til you saw this opening to make a snide remark. Whether you took it serious or not, you've shown how petty you are, an that you were in essence affected. I understand cowardice, I'm still overcoming mine. 

I understand a bruised ego kiddo. It's okay,you'll get better by convincing yourself I'm a dumbness or something that makes you feel higher than me. Here's one, I'm poor.

10 minutes ago, cheya said:

LOL, BES, I LOVE the sandbox analogy! 

These guys just don't get it: it's not resistance to their ideas so much as their inability to "play nice with others" that gets them in trouble. So the sandbox is perfect.

It's been said SO many times before, TDB is NOT  a democracy... It's a conversation in someone's living room, and there are RULES. If you cannot abide by the simple rules, please just go find some other parlor.

These two are lucky I'm no longer a mod, as I would have given them BOTH 3 more days suspension just for this thread!!!!  Karen's balance, fairness and outright restraint as a mod are outstanding.  DB is totally lucky she is willing to mod for us. 

I completely understand that's the issue. See this thread is actually a strategy to get people defend her, so her ego will inflate an she can get off my ass.

I spoke the truth, put it out there. But I knew it would be met with mockery, an supporters of Kar3n. I knew nothing would be done to fix the issues. In the end I made an effort, let you guys feed her ego, and got to enjoy the plan coming together nicely, I've had several realizations.

Edited by Zenmode

Hmm, 

I would like to see Karen get a 3 day ban!

She is always trying to tell me what to do and it makes me sad 😭 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Jonesboy said:

Hmm, 

Let's face it you need the guidance (sometimes) :)

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Zenmode said:

I completely understand that's the issue. See this thread is actually a strategy to get people defend her, so her ego will inflate an she can get off my ass.

You're dreaming. She will NOT get off your ass, if "your ass" deserves it. 

And, currently, it does.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jonesboy said:

Hmm, 

Oh common, JB... admit it!
You just want her to spend more time with you!

(Can't say as I blame you, lol)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, cheya said:

You're dreaming. She will NOT get off your ass, if "your ass" deserves it. 

And, currently, it does.

Why do I deserve it?

Jonesboy your wife said she banned you for not taking her seriously once.  I  can see what she meant

Edited by Zenmode

1 minute ago, cheya said:

Oh common, JB... admit it!
You just want her to spend more time with you!

(Can't say as I blame you, lol)

I swear I heard her say she would submit as part of our marriage vows.

Still waiting for that but I do remind her every once and awhile. Usually after some liquid courage 😀

She banned me 3 days and was way to happy about it. So, I am voting to ban her now!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zenmode said:

Why do I deserve it?

Jonesboy your wife said she banned you for not taking her seriously once.  I  can see what she meant

Well I am taking you seriously now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jonesboy said:

Well I am taking you seriously now.

The way you love your wife in your heart just radiates. I wish you a long and happy marriage. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zenmode said:

The powers that be aren't going to do anything to her, so don't worry. But calling people weenies is disrespectful, exactly the crap that goes on here. I mean if I call you jackass, I'm sure I'll get a warning or something. Even if it's playing around or making an example. Life is Cray cray sometimes.

I've gotten plenty of warnings from Karen, and she has always been right, and I always mended things according to her requests.  I can be such a volatile asshole sometimes, (mainly in forums =) , I got banned from here four times, and name calling for me is a type of high level creative expression which was trained into me early on when my four brothers and I used to sit around the dinner table having big arguments which included as much character assassination as possible.  Also when I was a young feller I was a biker (a loner not a groupie) and worked in the shipyards, so rough talking and slamming passive aggressive (your favorite insulting name goes here) with direct aggression is in my nature.  Screw the passive stuff ... although it flies well on most forums.

But enough about me, you don't seem so bad, just do what the nice lady says, she's probably right.

Practicing restraint is a good exercise, and forums are good for that.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 7