nohbody

The nature of the will...

I mean the main point of desire being unwanted (a hindrance) is because it's unconsciouss. Conscioussly you won't 'desire'. But strong will is like a focusing on thoughts/mind.  

• Like 3

Sit down. Feel your spirit. Your body should feel like a cloth if you do it right. This is the occult/magickal will. Concentration helps it. Gingers naturally do this slightly to some degree you will notice once you advance a bit more with it and will be able to see this aspect in other people. 

• Like 3

Excellent that really helps. I did it an I felt like I'm in some sort of clunky costume, but there's like a weird underlying support that ebbs an flows at the core. Cool thanks for sharing this. What's a gingers?

On August 11, 2017 at 2:18 PM, nohbody said:

Can one will without desire? 

Yes, one can will without desire. The pulse of existence does not originate from desire. It is desire that convolutes, obscures and augments will. Will itself exists as an essence from within our spirit and the attunement of our spirit to that which is transcendent of ‘self’ allows for truthful movement free of mundane and conditioned states, such as those found in desire.

• Like 4

Well what you will to do is the same as what you desire to do..!

Will to power and will power..

Or as a counter example:

Willing to win in a game might not be the exact same as desiring to win.. desiring is what everyone is doing.. but willing to win includes the effort thereof

44 minutes ago, Boundlesscostfairy said:

Willing to win in a game might not be the exact same as desiring to win.. desiring is what everyone is doing.. but willing to win includes the effort thereof

This is worth repeating.

• Like 1

'Will'  is a compendium of  forces and influences, some conscious some unconscious, that come together,  to give an average vector under the guise of ' choice ' .

• Like 1

Well will alone cannot be seperated from action.. except as a category of understanding. But in the real world willing to do something relates to many factors of psychology.. and physiology.. like having the will to do something and actually doing it!

On 1/18/2018 at 10:48 AM, Marblehead said:

It almost looks like we are talking about Nietzsche's "The Will To Power" here.

Im not even sure what will to power means, could you explain? I dont think I've heard that term before.. is it similar to will power?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Boundlesscostfairy said:

Im not even sure what will to power means, could you explain? I dont think I've heard that term before.. is it similar to will power?

"The Will To Power" is an unfinished work of Friedrich Nietzsche, a German philosopher who died in 1900.

My understanding of the work:

Nietzsche was anti-European Christianity of his day.  He referred to the followers as those with herd mentality.  His will to power is the will to have the power to live according to a higher moral code.  In fact, to be "Beyond Good An Evil".  And I read this as living according to one's true nature.  It was Nietzsche who said "God is dead" and it is my understanding that he was saying that his Christian Europe had killed the Jewish God.  It was Nietzsche who envisioned the "Superman", the man who attained the state of being "Beyond Good And Evil".

His novel "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" pretty much defines the primary concepts of his philosophy.

• Like 1