GrandTrinity

Sealing the Energy in

I learned from a Qigong teacher (dragon gate/longmen sect) Darryl Mitchel that after you do qigong the reason you MUST do self massage (face, neck, torso, arms, kidneys, legs) is because this seals the energy in your body.

So if you do qi gong/yoga/tai chi... and just go on with your day, your energy will be draining out, you will be open to receiving bad vibes and sending bad vibes!

You have to seal it, even if you take 5 seconds to wipe your face, torso, arms and legs, its only 5 seconds! But it goes a loooong way.

What do yall think?

My teacher taught us that we must do that closing exercise where your hands end on yr dan tien, he said if we didn't do it, we'd be spacy all day. Never heard about self massage, but it makes sense.

Also in qi gong bathing which an acupuncturist introduced me to he said that after you are done scrubbing every inch of yr body with a loofah, you MUST run the cold water or else it won't work.

So I think the concept is the same.

Have you tried sealing and not sealing to see the difference?

I learned from a Qigong teacher (dragon gate/longmen sect) Darryl Mitchel that after you do qigong the reason you MUST do self massage (face, neck, torso, arms, kidneys, legs) is because this seals the energy in your body.

So if you do qi gong/yoga/tai chi... and just go on with your day, your energy will be draining out, you will be open to receiving bad vibes and sending bad vibes!

You have to seal it, even if you take 5 seconds to wipe your face, torso, arms and legs, its only 5 seconds! But it goes a loooong way.

What do yall think?

2940[/snapback]

Hmmm... I havent made this a regular practice, beyond the occasional rubbing my face and head if I get tired from too much sitting practice. I will try it out for a while and let you know if I notice a significant difference. I have noticed that the 'zest and joy for life' feeling I have after training does diminish, but I figured it was me being pulled into the day-to-day stuff.

What I haven't figured out yet is.. is my training supposed to increase my quantity of chi? Or is it supposed to increase my access to the chi field? If the former, then doing the sealing makes sense. If the latter, is the sealing still necessary? Maybe it is, but for a different reason?

I'm not sure I totally agree with the part about sending/receiving bad vibes. Seems to me if my disposition calls for it, I'm going to attract or send those vibes whether I seal or not. I am also curious if the rubbing is more about guiding my intention to seal in the energy, vs. being absolutely physically necessary to do so. But again, this is all stuff I need to test out.

Thanks for the heads up!

a one minute self-message B4 and after meditation is killer. Especially the bottom of the feet, the head and jiggling the balls.

The two best 30 second qigong is a quick rub down and/or chewing gum.

-Y

A tecnique I learned a while ago geos like this:

Every hour (ideally) place your hands over your dantien (i forget whether its right over left or vice versa, for men one way women the other) then relax (enter qigong state) and pull back all of the energy you spent since you last did the practice. All you need to do is recall how you spent your energy and will it back to your dan tien. Then rotate it around the into your dantien and will it to stay there (seal it). And youre done. This is one form of energetic sealing and it can be quite helpful if youre prone to energy loos or if you have some big reaction to something and expend a lot of energy or emotion (energy in motion).

Some people pat themselves after meditation, they told me that energy comes to the surface after you meditate and that pating it back in place helps you to preserve it.

Hope this helps,

turbo

and/or chewing gum.

-Y

2970[/snapback]

yeah... if you like aspartame crossing your blood brain barrier.... seeing as the best place in the whole body to absorb chemicals into the blood stream is under your tongue.... why you would put something containing aspartame, colours and who knows what else and chew it so it mixes with your saliva and enters your blood stream through that space under your tongue, is beyond me!

Also in qi gong bathing which an acupuncturist introduced me to he said that after you are done scrubbing every inch of yr body with a loofah, you MUST run the cold water or else it won't work.

2964[/snapback]

What is qigong bathing btw?

This is a really really interesting topic! :)

How many of you people are doing any sort of sealing after qigong practice? I can definitely recognise the feeling of feeling great after qigong practice but feeling off balance after a couple of hours some days.. Will definitely start trying out the sealing thing.

The thing with taking a cold shower makes sense to draw the chi inside your core..

but I've heard that you shouldn't take a shower within half an hour / hour (Cant remember which) after or before doing qigong.. the same thing with eating prior and afterwards..

What are your opinions on this? I can see that having your stomach full of food may leave little energy for you to circulate/manipulate and that you may mess up your digestive system if it is clogged with food while doing qigong.. but it can be enormously annoying and timeconsuming esp. in the morning when you are in a hurry and have to wait with eating and showering? What are your opinons on this?

my understanding is that the LTT is the best place of the body to store energy. The head and the root can generate, and absorb lots of chi but they suck in terms of storage. So sending it into the belly, and rubbing/patting chi into the bones is like depositing money you've earned into the bank instead of keeping it in plain sight of your girlfriend.

yeah... if you like aspartame crossing your blood brain barrier.... seeing as the best place in the whole body to absorb chemicals into the blood stream is under your tongue.... why you would put something containing aspartame, colours and who knows what else and chew it so it mixes with your saliva and enters your blood stream through that space under your tongue, is beyond me!

2974[/snapback]

i'd be willing to bet you 2 weeks pay i can find a gum, even here in china, that doesnt have that stuff in it.

jesus christ, dude, get yer religion out of the kitchen and stop being so reactionary. it aint healthy.

Qi gong bathing--so after you take a shower, grab a loofah or something and give your whole body a good scrubbin'--every inch of it. Then seal with cold water. An acupuncturist told me to do this for a while because I had holes in my qi field. This works especially well after a very draining day at work and before bed time. But it only works if you get every part of yr body.

Food--I know you're supposed to do it on an empty stomach, but I try to drink a glass of water and have a piece of fruit after I wake up, and then I'll do qi gong before breakfast. I think I take a shower in between there too, sometimes, never heard you weren't supposed to. And if I am having trouble feeling my extremities after qi gong which happens sometimes I'll soak my hands and feet in warm water right away.

Interesting how it's supposed to be on an empty stomach, and yet they tell you to eat before acupuncture so that you'll have more qi to move.

Hate to break it to you, but you're gonna get chemicals in your system anyway from the air you breath anyway...

I just hope you are not trying to use qi gong and herbs and diet to try to purge your body of yr imagined heinousness. I have a lot of friends who have serious issues around eating, I think they say 75% of women (and lots of men too) have had an eating disorder sometime in their life, and hiding it is part of the pattern. Food was a big financial issue with me growing up, and I used to feel really guilty wen I ate food I wanted and would do it sort of numbly so I could pretend it wasn't happening. I remember visiting a friend who had tons of really good expensive food, lots of juices, all kinds of nut butters, and just feeling really jealous, because eating food I wanted was this luxury that I thought was reserved for other kids that deserved it, or somethimg. I would go on all these extravagant diets. You name it, I tried it, I even pretended to be vegan for a couple of weeks, then I would eat tons of greasy processed meat, get sick off of it and pretend I hadn't done it. Was totally caught up in this cycle of shame and guilt with food. It kind of hurts to admit this but I thought it might help.

So all I want to suggest for you is the idea of just eating whatever you want and being really present when you do it, really taste it and enjoy it.

2974[/snapback]

im sure you can find a good gum there, i doubt i can find one here without some serious searching. i definately can't in the supermarket, thats for sure.... so i dont chew gum. why would i want to anyway?

i only mentioned it because perhaps some people may not know about the chemicals used in gum, and the fact that chewing it enables it to be easily absorbed into the blood stream, way more efficiently than eating it would. is it so bad to try to inform people?

if i want to chew something i chew different herbs, or parsley.

look i know there is stuff in the air i breathe (which i deal with by taking supplemental oxygen anyway), i know there is no escape from the harsh chemical orgy that is modern day society. doesn't mean i have to like it or condone it or encourage it or even accept it.... so there is stuff in the air i breathe, is this now an excuse for me to go "fuck it, im already breathing the shit i may as well eat lots of it too"? there is such a thing as avoiding what you can.... but how can you avoid something unless you are aware of it.

until i undertook a project for university entitled "whats in the food we eat?" i had absolutely no idea of the seriousness of any of this stuff. this assignment shocked me to my bones... but undertaking it was probably the second greatest thing i have done in my life (second after deciding on a gut feeling to return to chiang mai instead of going on to laos, where i ended up meeting my girl who i love so damn much).

the point is, its serious business, so i treat it seriously. virtually all disease is diet related.

it doesn't mean i am humourless or obsessive, it doesnt mean i yell at people all the time or try to take food out of their mouths, it doesnt mean i am constantly telling people that this or that is wrong. it just means i try to inform people whenever i can when the oppurtunity arises to do so.

im just really sick of all the crap that we take for granted that is crap. im just really sick of other people being ok with it. its never ever gonna change until people realise it for the shit it is and begin to boycott it, if we are just like "get over it you cant get away from it" then what about for our children? every generation gets worse and worse food.... what will they be eating in a few years time? corporations WILL NOT CHANGE until we force them to. i don't have to accept it just because other people do... so why do you need to critisise me because i point out the truth? im not free to express my distaste? i didn't critisise anyone or fling out insults, so what harm have i done?

mentioning chewing gum as a great exercise may be encouragement for someone out there to start chewing lots of it, unaware of the nasty aspartame (which is probably one of the nastiest chemicals of all added to food) entering their blood stream constantly. thinking they are really doing something good for themselves they may chew themselves into diabetes or MS. now that aint cool.

is it such a bad thing to be a crusader? is it such a bad thing to try to point out to people how bad the stuff they are putting into their body is? when cancer is now the number 1 killer, when the rates of cancer are 1 in 2 for men, 1 in 3 for women and 1 in 4 who get it dying from it within a couple of years.

is it so bad to try to change things?

the simple fact is we cannot keep on going like this. the people who realise this and make the change will escape degenerative disease, the people who don't will die. its pretty simple.

i am now recovering from 15 years of eating the wrong stuff, luckily i am still young enough that i can repair from it quite quickly and i am almost all the way there. i have no eating disorder (although ever since i changed my diet all my excess fat fell away, and having a slim frame to begin with i became very slim... people seem to have a big problem with a skinny person, but i dont eat any less than before, i just eat the right stuff), i have managed to find a cheap source of organically grown (but uncertified) fruit and vegetables and so i eat lots and lots of it. and i love eating the food i have now been cooking and my cooking skills have been improving. we are hitting winter now and i am loving making soups.

my diet has really gotten good lately and i feel the effects of it 100% if people ate the right food there wouldn't hardly be as many problems in the world, a lot less violence and stress thats for sure. the feelings i have, just from eating the right food are incredible.... its a massive difference on my body and my mind state.

other than breathing, drinking, eating and moving there isn't much more to life in the 5-sense physical world we are now experiencing.... so why not do these few things right?

so im so damn sorry that i give a shit about the state of the planet.

im sorry this post is so damn long.

and im sorry that i care so damn much.

p.s. chi kung and herbs and diet are partly to help myself detoxify and the other part to boost my general health. why else would you do any of them other than for those reasons?

if i ate whatever i wanted to, i would still be living on refined wheat and meat... meat pies and pizzas and sausage rolls and hot dogs and burgers and so forth.

and garunteed within 5-10 more years i would be very very sick.... with my change i can since realise what a state i was getting into and i was on a definite track to some kind of degenrative disease. so thanks for the advice, but no thanks. with a little discipline i am reprogramming myself into enjoying wholesome and healthy foods. and its working. i haven't been sick at all in months and i feel great and i now love eating the right kind of food.

Hey, man

don't take it to personally on here...you are not the first one in this forum to get attacked with criticism...just remember that it is only an opinion. We are all human after all, not the all-knowing all-powerful greatness of the universe. I'm no avid gum-chewer myself, *smiles* but when faced with that thinking "oh, we'll die from the air we breathe, anyway" kind of thought process there is just NO WAY I could accept that and forget about keeping all other aspects of my life healthy. Ya have to constitute the care for your body more defensively these days, it's true...

I really love my ozone generator, and water oxidizers, and little gadgets all around that make my home life an air and water purified space.

As far as the food industry goes, ya really can't get healthy stuff unless you are going organic, or growing your own. (like I do here)

Vegan diets CAN work, if you do them right, by making sure you are making compound proteins to replace meat-They are simply two or three combinations of starch/grains with fleshy vegetables and there are TONS of them, but I will only put them on here if people on this forum are VEGAN and want to see it, (but somehow I doubt it).

With diets you have to be careful, and do your research first-nothing you do as a daily regimen can be healthy unless you know exactly what it is you are doing.

Quite frankly, I am glad to see another crusader...there just are not that many these days...keep up that great thinking, my friend-you only like to find the way of good health and a better place for us all. If only more would have that same mentality then perhaps a wave of change might touch us...

Kind thoughts and happy smiles,

-Jessica

wel i used to review food additive petitions at the FDA, so i probably know more about whats in food than you do, impressive though your knowledge may be.

its not wrong that you take it seriusly, but it is wrong if you take it TOO seriously, and people who take things TOO seriously are always the last ones to know. you also suffer from generalizations, which most activists do. you automatically associate gum with aspertame. gums have plenty of other sweeteners and flavors than aspartame. whats more, FDA requires it in the labeling anyway, allowing all consumers to make informed choices. sadly, most of them dont.

there is nothing wrong in suggesting that someone chew gum for exercise. it does NOT mean they'll fill their body with aspartame. the choice of gum determines that. and gum chewing may be exactly the practice someone needs and your fear-mongering doesnt help. it maight've been better to to say "be careful of gums that have apartame and sudan I" or some such thing.

there's also nothing wrong with hot dogs or hamburgers per se. i've had lots and lots of burgers made from organically raised beef as well as buffalo and deer. i've had good wholesome hotdogs too. so i know better than to listen to some guy who just bases all his opinions on the latest alternative diet propaganda and reactionaryism, regardless of how well researched it is.

pizza is also a wholesome food. and no, i'm not making that up to make myself feel better.

see, its like the discussion on symbols vs. whats being symbolized over in the 5 animals discussion. certain foods have been cursed thru dietary propganda so much so that they are all believed to be evil in a most superstitious way. i sertiously dont think i'm exaggerating when i say this. people are finding all sorts of superstitions to adapt to the modern world--in politics, health, science, medicine, whatever. thats not to denegrate any of these fields, just the superstition that surrounds them from some parties. and there's a lot of superstition around diet. even renowned physicist linus pauling was superstitious about vitamin C.

hamburgers became a symbol of junk food because of fast food. NOT ALL HAMBURGERS ARE BAD. what they symbolize in pop culture is bad--not eating right, eating too much of something from bad sources. the same can be said of gum. sure you slurp up 3 or 4 big buddies a day and you'll get too much sugar. chew a little gum of the right kind and it could have health benefits at pointed by, was it, yoda?

p.s. chi kung and herbs and diet are partly to help myself detoxify and the other part to boost my general health. why else would you do any of them other than for those reasons?

i personally don't do qigong to improve my helth. i do it to achieve immortality. that process may include improving my health, but thats not why i do it. so yes, there are other reasons to do it. broaden your view. just cuz you have reasons for doing somethng or ahavent thought of other reasons for doing something doesnt mean there arent any others.

i know what youre thinking--arent i superstitious about qigong. the answer is--possibly. i'll only know in the end when i succeed or fail. its an experiment, like all alchemy.

is it such a bad thing to be a crusader?

possibly, yes. thats how wars start..........

look, man, its cool you've increased your awareness of the food supply, but chill out. the stress over food is just as bad for your health as eating a big mac a day. i know; i went thru it too. i reviewed over 700 food additive petitions including the 30-0dd volume tome for aspartame. or was it 40-odd volumes? i just remember it was huge. i was afraid of margarine tubs, plastic straws, recyclable plastic bottles, can-end cement, you name it. shit you probably never even thought of. chill out, bro. eat some ben and jerry's and watch repo man or something. ro is all ice cream bad too?

look, man, its cool you've increased your awareness of the food supply, but chill out.  the stress over food is just as bad for your health as eating a big mac a day.  i know; i went thru it too.  i reviewed over 700 food additive petitions including the 30-0dd volume tome for aspartame.  or was it 40-odd volumes?  i just remember it was huge.  i was afraid of margarine tubs, plastic straws, recyclable plastic bottles, can-end cement, you name it.  shit you probably never even thought of.  chill out, bro.  eat some ben and jerry's and watch repo man or something.  ro is all ice cream bad too?

3015[/snapback]

Depends on who you talk to, my chiropractor is fond of telling me many of them have a common ingredient with antifreeze! :) (So... I buy the ones that dont, or make it at home.)

This is quite an awesome discussion (even if we're not sealing energy in at the moment!)

I've tried lots of ways of eating. None of them work for very long. There are several I haven't tried, like 100% raw foods, but even if one of them did turn out to be the single most perfect way to eat - if I suddenly find myself in a situation where I couldn't get that diet, am I totally screwed while my body completely rejects what food is available?

I don't regret the search though. One of my goals for internal alchemy that came out of that search is to simply develop the capacity to ask my body what the heck it needs, and remove the blockages that prevent me from doing so! That way I'm choosing what gives me the nutrition & energy the body need, vs. avoiding something out of fear.

The other thought that creeps in my mind is, with internal alchemy practices, are we concurrently developing and increasing our capacity to process and eliminate the crap in the food, water, and air that doesn't serve us? I wonder if that's how some people smoke like chimneys or eat the worst crap and thrive... maybe they have the ability to let the stuff that lingers and makes cancers in other people to pass on through them.

I am all for dietary awareness, organic food, food combining, herbs, whole grains, you name it. I am certainly not saying since there are chemicals in the air, we have to eat crap.

What I AM saying is that I believe it is even more important to be present when we are eating, than what we are eating. Why is it that some people eat crap and live forever? Even John Robbins (an ardent vegan, btw) said, "Beer and franks with cheer and thanks is better than sprouts and bread with fear and dread." I would argue that STRESS is the primary cause of illness, not diet, though there is definitely some correlation.

Did you know that every cell in your liver is replaced within six weeks? Nourish the new cells, then let the liver clean the blood. Hell even the blood volume is replaced in three weeks, every bit of it. So yeah, nourishing is good. And there are physical and non-physical (i.e. energetic) ways to do this...

Anyways, I don't know you from Adam or whether or not you have food issues, just saw some language that made me think it was a possibility... But I can guarantee that SOMEONE reading this does have issues with food and I think it helps to point it out, to keep an eye out for when it becomes obsessive or about purging your body of imagined heinousness rather than being healthy. For me qi gong is a lot about learning to TRANSFORM energy, why is it that I hear stories of monks in caves pelted with nasty chemical poisons that SURVIVE?

Vegan is an old Indian word for "bad shot."

Vegan diets CAN work, if you do them right, by making sure you are making compound proteins to replace meat-They are simply two or three combinations of starch/grains with fleshy vegetables and there are TONS of them, but I will only put them on here if people on this forum are VEGAN and want to see it, (but somehow I doubt it).

3014[/snapback]

personally i dont really like ice-cream anyway, its too cold.

however homemade, sugar-free, coconut or mango ice-cream... now damn is that good. i brew kefir at the moment, in the future may try making kefir and fruit ice-cream.

anyway you all have great points. however the relationship between all the points brought up has inspired me to write an article, which i will post up here on articles section (provided its ok with admin) when i am done on: Enjoying your food, Eating right and Associations.

also i was being a little extremeist with my initial post. perhaps i would have done a lot better had i said something like:

"chewing is an excellent exercise. how about instead of gum using some kind of herb (bark herbs are good), or even a hanful of parsley, celery or some other fibrous green vegetable is really good. chewing your food thoroughly when eating meals is also an excellent habit to get into"

there... a little less violent and reactionary, and probably more productive.

i am happy for the replies though because of the inspiration for the upcoming article.

take care y'all.

also for chi kung, diet and herbs for health.

i meant all three together are for health.

sure the chi kung can be used in a step for immortality, however it is not the chi kung alone that is used to pursue immortality, it is that in combination with alchemy or meditation.

the chi kung itself (chi = breath? kung = training? you'll have to correct me if i'm wrong peter because i know you know much more about chinese than me haha) is about training the breath, increasing uptake of vital life force (sunlight activated oxygen) and thus increasing health.

i know mantak chia uses the chi kung aspects in his system primarily as health in the physical and energetic bodies. he states that to achieve immortality one must first cultivate a perfect physical body, followed by a perfect energy body, followed afterwards by perfecting the spirit body and thus gaining immortality once the attachment to the physical and energy bodies is let go of. as i understand it anyway.

so chi kung in a sense is about health, its about perfecting the state of health in the physical and energetic aspects of our existance on planet earth.

feel free to debate against, of course.

The other thought that creeps in my mind is, with internal alchemy practices, are we concurrently developing and increasing our capacity to process and eliminate the crap in the food, water, and air that doesn't serve us? I wonder if that's how some people smoke like chimneys or eat the worst crap and thrive... maybe they have the ability to let the stuff that lingers and makes cancers in other people to pass on through them

this calls to mind the story tom brown tells of grandfather eating a whole plant of poison hemlock and then shitting it out undigested. udergo enough transformation thru alchemy (or whatever means grandfather used as well i guess) and you become somewhat invincible. the guy could eat a whole plant which is normally deadly in even the smallest doses, and live!

this calls to mind the story tom brown tells of grandfather eating a whole plant of poison hemlock and then shitting it out undigested.  udergo enough transformation thru alchemy (or whatever means grandfather used as well i guess) and you become somewhat invincible.  the guy could eat a whole plant which is normally deadly in even the smallest doses, and live!

3086[/snapback]

Reminds me of the story in the back of "Be Here Now" by Ram Das. He travelled to India to turn on the spiritual seekers to LSD in the late 60's. He met his match one day when visiting this master who snatched a large entire batch of acid he had in his hand and swallowed it before he could be stopped. Ram Das said it was 100's of times the dosage of a normal trip (and I think most of us know how bad that'd mess you up). Anyway, he sat and meditated with Ram Das the whole evening and spoke to him completely coherently the entire time and was completely centered.

Reminds me of the story in the back of "Be Here Now" by Ram Das. He travelled to India to turn on the spiritual seekers to LSD in the late 60's. He met his match one day when visiting this master who snatched a large entire batch of acid he had in his hand and swallowed it before he could be stopped. Ram Das said it was 100's of times the dosage of a normal trip (and I think most of us know how bad that'd mess you up). Anyway, he sat and meditated with Ram Das the whole evening and spoke to him completely coherently the entire time and was completely centered.

so he basically wasted all that perfectly good acid :P

The other thought that creeps in my mind is, with internal alchemy practices, are we concurrently developing and increasing our capacity to process and eliminate the crap in the food, water, and air that doesn't serve us?  I wonder if that's how some people smoke like chimneys or eat the worst crap and thrive... maybe they have the ability to let the stuff that lingers and makes cancers in other people to pass on through them.

3019[/snapback]

This is something I've often wondered about Tom Brown and the Tracker School crowd. I haven't been in such a concentrated group of smokers since I lived in Tokyo.

Peter, RedFox, any thoughts?