With all the talk of letting go and giving up will power etc.. I'd like to start a discussion on the will of the soul, or atma shakti...

I don't have much to say myself right now on it, but am interested in hearing the members views on this topic. 

Maybe, a question to start off, how do you differentiate between atma shakti and ego will? 

When you are attuned to atma shakti, where do you sense it the most in your system if at all? 

Bit of a lame starter for this, but I have faith in you bums to make something good of this!! :)

Peace.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Edward M said:

With all the talk of letting go and giving up will power etc.. I'd like to start a discussion on the will of the soul, or atma shakti...

I don't have much to say myself right now on it, but am interested in hearing the members views on this topic. 

Maybe, a question to start off, how do you differentiate between atma shakti and ego will? 

When you are attuned to atma shakti, where do you sense it the most in your system if at all? 

Bit of a lame starter for this, but I have faith in you bums to make something good of this!! :)

Peace.

Atma shakti is Prana...the life force. However, the Atman itself doesn't have a "will" per se in the sense the limited/ego-self would have a "will" that wants to do this or that. The Atman is empty and witnesses things as they appear and disappear. It does not "do" anything in this world. When we know our true self, i.e. the Atman, we realize that the Ego doesn't exist at all, and there is no volitional action anymore. 

Perhaps was not the answer you were looking for :)

• Like 1

Thanks dwai, perhaps I'm making the mistake of mixing traditions here.  

I've read in Gnostic Christianity traditions they talk of the indwelling Christ, that holds our personal will as God wants for us. I assumed this would be similar to soul will.

Also what really sparked the question was an experience with a shaman to invoke the true will, that is as I understood it our highest will for this life in tune with spirit/soul.  

It's probably a mistake on my part to assume cross tradition terms are interchangeable, or I'm just completely missing the point.

Cheers

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Edward M said:

Thanks dwai, perhaps I'm making the mistake of mixing traditions here.  

I've read in Gnostic Christianity traditions they talk of the indwelling Christ, that holds our personal will as God wants for us. I assumed this would be similar to soul will.

Also what really sparked the question was an experience with a shaman to invoke the true will, that is as I understood it our highest will for this life in tune with spirit/soul.  

It's probably a mistake on my part to assume cross tradition terms are interchangeable, or I'm just completely missing the point.

Cheers

The Will of God is evident when there is non-action or actionless-action. In my experience we can only recognize this "True Will" and flow with it. Most of the time, we suffer, because we want to oppose it (as we don't recognize it). In order to recognize it, we must be willing to give up our limited selfhood. 

• Like 1

Thanks dwai, wouldn't it be true then that perhaps true will requires a certain type of Will in order to not give in to the small ego self want/will, and stick to the true will? 

Peace

Actually dwai, I know what you mean, not that I'm awakened or anything, but perhaps the word I'm looking for is commitment to the true will, that way it's a gentle coming back into harmony rather than a forcefully willed get back into gear thing..  like in meditation, but on the wider scale,.. 

Peace

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Edward M said:

Peace.

The spiritual ego is light that is coherent as biophotons - spirit light.

When the light is "turned around" then time goes to zero but there is a hidden momentum to light - this is called noncommutative phase.

This "hidden momentum" of light means that light has no rest mass but light does have relativity mass as reverse spacetime - it is phonon energy.

So in meditation this is called Mouna Samadhi or internal listening - in Tai Chi - and so is the highest level of samadhi.

And so that is how the individual spirit resonates to the Emptiness or formless awareness that is also energy healing as reverse spacetime or called "quantum relative" entropy - quantum relativity negentropy.

So that is the secret of Shakti energy or Emptiness spiritual healing versus siddhis or psychic healing.

I have more details in my free pdf https://www.pdf-archive.com/2017/04/10/idiot-s-guide-to-taoist-alchemy/

Lots of images for easy explanation - and lots of science citations plus cross correlations for corroboration.

Edited by voidisyinyang
  • Like 1

Thanks drew, I don't pretend to understand the theory you have outlined, but inner listening makes a lot of sense as far as true will goes.. it's that listening for one's conscience that naturally orientates the will to the true will. 

I'll check out your pdf thanks for sharing :)

Peace

4 hours ago, Edward M said:

Thanks dwai, wouldn't it be true then that perhaps true will requires a certain type of Will in order to not give in to the small ego self want/will, and stick to the true will? 

Peace

4 hours ago, Edward M said:

Actually dwai, I know what you mean, not that I'm awakened or anything, but perhaps the word I'm looking for is commitment to the true will, that way it's a gentle coming back into harmony rather than a forcefully willed get back into gear thing..  like in meditation, but on the wider scale,.. 

Peace

I think that there is a time when we require effort and will. When life is a series of events causing thoughts and emotions that drag us up, down, and around, effort is needed to restrain and guide. Commitment here is invaluable. That commitment is an expression of the small ego self (the mind we would say in the Tibetan paradigm).

With practice we can let go of effort and rest into it, the deeper, pervasive and expansive will (or wind as we would say). If we can simply be the divine will, the nature of mind, Dao, pick a label... nothing more is needed. If we cannot be there effortlessly, varying degrees of effort and commitment are needed. Eventually, we can strive to completely release the small ego self, the mind. The less that remains, the more fully we are expressing the divine/Dao/nature of mind.

• Like 3