Sign in to follow this  
Taomeow

Any idea why a thread of mine got partially cloned?

I'm referring to "Where can I buy..." in The Rabbit Hole.  I only posted it once.  But now I've discovered it has acquired a partial clone.  One  version contains all the replies, while the other one, just a partial quote of one reply (Brian's).  I'm

1. officially weirded out,

2. asking to remove the clone, please. 

• Like 1

?? Only thing I can figure is you posted one

time too many on the Mandela effect and

the powers that be,

play tricks on thee. 

Not that I believe (or disbelieve) that kind of thing.. outside of my paygrade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apeiron&Peiron said:

You might have double clicked on the button....

They've both been up since the 28th.

This would seem logical, although it never happened on any of the 7,000+ prior occasions.  However this wouldn't explain Brian's post with a partial quote of himself in one of the threads while his fully fledged post that quote is from exists in the other.

1 hour ago, thelerner said:

?? Only thing I can figure is you posted one

time too many on the Mandela effect and

the powers that be,

play tricks on thee. 

Not that I believe (or disbelieve) that kind of thing.. outside of my paygrade.

This doesn't actually qualify as a ME, rather it may be (unless there's a less farfetched explanation) a case of a "glitch in the matrix," the two overlap only partially.  I.e. a ME may or may not be a glitch; while not every glitch is a ME. 

I don't "believe" in it, I am "affected" by it.  It's not the same.  There's nothing to "believe" or "disbelieve" about it until you come up with, or accept from someone else, a theory, an explanation, etc.. 

A theory you can believe or not.  E.g. there's a theory that the flu is caused by a virus, but TCM, two thousand years ago, posited that this kind of affliction is caused by a "pernicious influence" and manifests as "toxic heat," and you can believe the former rather than the latter, or vice versa, and either one constitutes a belief, because you, personally, have never seen either one entering your body and giving you the symptoms.  However, the flu itself, if you happen to contract it (may it never happen), is not something you can believe or disbelieve.  If you're affected, you just know.  When there's an epidemic, some people are affected and some are not, and all of them know who they are.  That kind of a deal.  Well within your pay grade.  :)

P.S.  Occasional mistakes in diagnosis do not render an epidemic a "belief."  Some people who think they're affected by ME merely have poor memory, or faulty education.  While some people who think they have the flu actually have bacterial pneumonia, or anthrax.   

Edited by Taomeow

7 hours ago, Taomeow said:

I'm referring to "Where can I buy..." in The Rabbit Hole.  I only posted it once.  But now I've discovered it has acquired a partial clone.  One  version contains all the replies, while the other one, just a partial quote of one reply (Brian's).  I'm

This is odd. I have looked through the logs and I see nothing that would point to a cause or an action. 

I am just going to have to blame @Brian. We all know he is a very naughty boy!! 

;)

I have hidden the clone in hopes that someone will come along with an explanation.  I am curious too!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Taomeow said:

I haven't actually looked at that now-hidden thread but, given that it contained me quoting me and given that I have secret IT superpowers, I probably fat-fingered something...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Taomeow said:

I'm referring to "Where can I buy..." in The Rabbit Hole.  I only posted it once.  But now I've discovered it has acquired a partial clone.  One  version contains all the replies, while the other one, just a partial quote of one reply (Brian's).

Ah, it's a version leaking over from an alternate reality where the planned "God-Level Wells" thread with my internal power video already happened which caused a multiverse-wide ripple-effect. There the other members who commented here in your thread were too busy reading my thread, besides Brian, who ignored it after commenting once in it about "it's just anecdotal evidence"...

Edited by Wells
  • Like 3

Sign in to follow this