neti neti

Reality vs. Unreality

7 hours ago, neti neti said:

If there were, can it be known? Is the individual equipped to know it? Can one distinguish or pinpoint that which makes pinpointing possible?

Perhaps we're blindfolded and just pushed in the general direction of the donkey. :)

Thankfully, there's a long enough line of guests at this party helping us stay on track towards realizing the goal.

Perhaps the only possible knowing of the truth, is in being it.

Well stated.  You know, I like to remind people that I am a "show and tell" kind of guy.  Words don't have too much value; it is action that matters.  The truth lies in reproducible physical evidence.  This includes spiritual aspects as well.  Our spiritual level will be reflected by the things we do in physical life.

Observation is all it takes in order to find the truth.  That was the point of Chuang Tzu saying that one doesn't have to travel the world in order to find the truth - just look out your window.

Some don't like the truth if it interferes with their present understanding.  Some of those will never see the truth.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2018 at 5:42 AM, Marblehead said:

Perhaps there is no truth either?

The only Truth is that there is only one Truth ...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wstein said:

The only Truth is that there is only one Truth ...

And we shouldn't talk about that one as we likely wouldn't agree as to its nature.

• Like 1

a member with 45, 000 posts.... And we shouldn't talk about that one as we likely wouldn't agree as to its nature.

that made me laugh

• Like 1