Yoda

Taobum gurus synopsis

Here's a list of well known gurus that make up a good portion of our inspiration here at taobums:

Chia... the guy who started it all!

Winn, Yudelove, and Trunk... refining and organizing and popularizing the message. Alchemicaltaoism.com is the ultimate distillation.

Cohen, Frantzis, and Reid... the offline Taoists.

Witch, Plato, and Mr Johnson... the sex gurus! Chug that oil and make some noise with some help from those leeetle toys!

Furey, Sonnon, and Pavel... let's get physical: strength and fitness with grace and mobility for fighters, strength athletes, and us bums.

Wang Xiang Zhai, Lam Kam Chuen, etc... you know where they stand.

Master Nan, Bill Bodri and Little Max... meditationexpert.com: don't just do something, sit there!

Yogani... advancedyogapractices.com: Kechari anyone?

Adyashanti, Tolle, Zandi... the unbearable lightness of non-being.

David Shen, Dynamo Jack, and Robert Peng... the shock jocks!

Max and Chris... Stevie Wonder nei kung. Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

~~~

Of course we have lots of masters right on our own site: the banished Ron Jeremy, Lin and Taomeow who actually know something about taoism, Karen our diet guru, Mythmaker, Xenolith, and Matthewqi our kundalini masters, Thelerner the financial guru, Sean the webmaster, Drew the full lotus guru, and the rest of us test pilots paving the way for an easier cultivation path for future generations. We are way too cool.

Nice synopsis Yoda. Who would have thought you could get some order from all this madness. Me - I just hang out for the entertainment value. :lol:

Sort of chronological order for me going deeper into this stuff would go,

Aikido, Ken Cohen, Michael Winn, Bill Bodri, Adyashanti, Eckhart Tolle,

Max, Aikido(come full circle after 10 years).

edit- I had BK Frantzis after Winn but in reality never really did much of anything with his stuff besides gloss over his books. But he should be on the guru list for the site I think and is a big contributor to the Taoist community as a whole I bet.

Actually I think you might be Burl 'Gopher' Smith Can just remember the love boat ;)

Witch, Plato, and Mr Johnson... the sex gurus!

Dr Lin's actionlove.com

For proving that you can have an engineering PHD and therefore call yourself a Doctor.

But it doesn't matter how excellent your information is..............

if nobody can successfully navigate your web site :)

Lucky we have Trunk

http://www.precisiondocs.com/~altaoism/HLLinsLinks.htm

p.s. Just ordered Witch's book, have not seen a post for a while, I wonder how she is doing)

nice, thanks Mal...I never saw that page on trunk's site. I've been to Dr Lin's site and booooyyy is it disorganized!!!

I was, uh, just getting in touch with my feminine side there... Gopher... Issac... the Captain... Gillian... Tattoo... they are all so good, it's hard to choose!

I wonder where is Spectrum? He is a guru of embodying practise. His posts emanate embodiment and integration, methinks. I miss him when he isnt around.

And Sunshine, his posts embody humility and dedication and good intent to all.

And Ian, my guru of humour and openness, and quiet steadfast intent.

And Pietro, a guru of Independant Thinking and Tricksterishness.

Happy 2008 everyone.