Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Don't Talk Trump

Sso..  summerss iss winding down.  I'm noticing more snakess lately.  I think they were alwayss there, but now I'm more intuned in where to look.   

Sss

• Like 3

Snakes hide well.  Down here where I live the black snakes always look like a water hose that wasn't put up.

• Like 1

I didn't sshoot the rattlessnake in my backyard.  It hassn't sshown up again.

I'm glad becausse I wassn't looking forward to killing it.

• Like 6

I'm glad.

You didn't want to shoot him

and he didn't want to die. 

War, anger, fear..

killing is easy.

Keeping the peace,

Live and let live

Harmony..

that's hard. 

• Like 4

thiss thread insspired a sssonnet

and i use the term loosssely

obvioussly i am no shakesss ssspear, by the way, do any of ya'll do snake qigong?

rattlesnake sonnet

Anywhere from Florida to Seattle,

in nature I find creativity.

Regardless of what you may think of me;

I like poems, my nature is docile.

Like primitive man using atlatl;

charging his chosen words with energy,

I carefully coil my poetry,

and from the rhythmic sound of my rattle,

to my consistent assonance hissing,

releasing the poem, I uncoil.

Shedding my skin I regain suppleness

on a rock, stretching for warm sun basking.

Sensitive to vibrations subtleness,

life is more than slithering in toil.

• Like 8

Ssuper. 

Only one man in 10 billion would ever rhyme docile with atlatl.

You are that man.  Pretty much the peak of evolutionary poetry. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brian said:

I didn't sshoot the rattlessnake in my backyard.  It hassn't sshown up again.

I'm glad becausse I wassn't looking forward to killing it.

I'm proud of you.  I'm proud of the snake for hiding from you.

Rattlesnakes strike humans only in defense when we get too close to them.  We are not their natural prey.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I'm proud of you.  I'm proud of the snake for hiding from you.

Rattlesnakes strike humans only in defense when we get too close to them.  We are not their natural prey.

Would it not be better to note that they strike at anything that they feel is a threat. A natural reaction as such doesn't matter

much whether its done for food or not.  On the other hand humans have learned over the yrs due to the snakes "natural" reaction its not a good idea to allow them around. A selected reaction.  The snake doesn't have many responses it can chose from if it chooses at all. .. I would say they don't hide, they avoid...or attack, human or not the reaction is the same. 

Edited by windwalker
  • Like 2

What would they have done during this time.

"Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy, on April 25 to negotiate with Wallace; the talks failed. The Kennedy brothers, having decided that they were dealing with a raving maniac, looked for an indirect solution.

JFK appealed to Alabama business leaders and influential politicians to talk sense into Wallace. On May 21 and again on June 5, the U.S. district court ordered Wallace to allow the students to register on June 11. Wallace dug in and refused, hoping to force JFK to call up the National Guard, an act Wallace was sure would infuriate staunch states’ rights supporters and paint JFK as a tyrant."

Do state rights trump fed law when they are popular within a state, or do states have to follow the law of the land.

The immigration system is broken because they chose not follow the law instead of changing the law in accordance

with the law.....   

"Kennedy upped the pressure on Wallace, immediately issuing Presidential Proclamation 3542, which ordered the governor to comply, and authorizing the secretary of defense to call up the Alabama National Guard with Executive Order 11111.

That afternoon, Katzenbach returned with the students and asked Wallace to step aside. Wallace, knowing he was beaten, relented, having saved face with his hard-line, anti-segregation constituency. Three days later, a third black student registered at the University of Alabama campus in Huntsville without interference."

Is it the job, of law makers to decide what laws they enforce or not.   

What is an "illegal alien"  as defined by "law"  how can they fix something 

they don't enforce.

Edited by windwalker
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, windwalker said:

Would it not be better to note that they strike at anything that they feel is a threat. A natural reaction as such doesn't matter

much whether its done for food or not.  On the other hand humans have learned over the yrs due to the snakes "natural" reaction its not a good idea to allow them around. A selected reaction.  The snake doesn't have many responses it can chose from if it chooses at all. .. I would say they don't hide, they avoid...or attack, human or not the reaction is the same. 

This one had a confrontation with a stupid but quite agitated Plott hound.  They are extremely noisy and persistent.  My wife said the snake was coiled and struck over and over before she finally got the Plott to break away.

My guess is that the snake (which based on its size must of been a juvenile) was probably seeking a territory to claim for itself and thought this green field near the woods with a big pine tree and a cluster of large rocks was a GREAT place -- until he met "Evil Larry."

Perhaps the next clearing would be a better choice?

We've had some really hot & sunny days since -- if he were still hanging out there, he would come out on the rocks as evening approached.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brian said:

My guess is that the snake (which based on its size must of been a juvenile) was probably seeking a territory to claim for itself and thought this green field near the woods with a big pine tree and a cluster of large rocks was a GREAT place -- until he met "Evil Larry."

While understanding what is written. I'd say it would be hard to know or understand how the snake actually feels or what it was seeking in terms of  snake.  We can see and observe assigning a value to it seems like it would be outside of what would be considered "natural"    just an observation.

"Half-way across the river, the Crocodile felt the deadly painful sting from the Scorpion. His last words, "Hey, why did you do that?" "Sorry, I just couldn't help it, I am a Scorpion!" replied the Scorpion as he drowns in the water."

http://ggyeap.tripod.com/croc1.htm

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, windwalker said:

"Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy, on April 25 to negotiate with Wallace; the talks failed. The Kennedy brothers, having decided that they were dealing with a raving maniac, looked for an indirect solution.

JFK appealed to Alabama business leaders and influential politicians to talk sense into Wallace. On May 21 and again on June 5, the U.S. district court ordered Wallace to allow the students to register on June 11. Wallace dug in and refused, hoping to force JFK to call up the National Guard, an act Wallace was sure would infuriate staunch states’ rights supporters and paint JFK as a tyrant."

Do state rights trump fed law when they are popular within a state, or do states have to follow the law of the land.

The immigration system is broken because they chose not follow the law instead of changing the law in accordance

with the law.....   

"Kennedy upped the pressure on Wallace, immediately issuing Presidential Proclamation 3542, which ordered the governor to comply, and authorizing the secretary of defense to call up the Alabama National Guard with Executive Order 11111.

That afternoon, Katzenbach returned with the students and asked Wallace to step aside. Wallace, knowing he was beaten, relented, having saved face with his hard-line, anti-segregation constituency. Three days later, a third black student registered at the University of Alabama campus in Huntsville without interference."

they don't enforce.

In those matters which the Constitution specifies that the States delegated authority to the central government, the States are obliged to comply with constitutionally viable federal law and the Executive Branch is obliged to enforce such compliance.  The Governor of each State is responsible for ensuring compliance within that State and the President is authorized to intervene if the local government is unwilling or unable to maintain order -- including the use of the military if deemed necessary.  Wallace and the Kennedys is a good illustration but a better one happened earlier when Ike used the 101st Airborne to counter the National Guard in Arkansas.  Eisenhower sent the Governor a telegram in 1957 which said, “The only assurance I can give you is that the Federal Constitution will be upheld by me by every legal means at my command.” (Governor Orval Faubus' last run for office was against Bill Clinton in the Democrat Primary for Governor of Arkansas in 1986. Faubus was invited by Bill as an honored guest at the inauguration.)

In those matters which the Constitution does not specify that the States delegated authority to the central government, the authority remains with the States or with the people of those States (depending on whether the people delegated that authority to the State via its own constitutional documents).

Immigration and prevention of invasion are unambiguously the purview of the central government.

The establishment of religion, as an example, is unambiguously not the purview of the central government.  Some States were granted that authority by their citizens and some were not.  For a number of years after ratification of the Constitution and Bill of Rights, some States had official State religions.

The right to keep and bear arms is a curious one -- the Constitution clearly says not that this isn't a Federal issue but that the right shall not be infringed.  This makes it a Federal issue but one in which both Federal and State (and local, for that matter) governments shall not involve themselves.  The Courts and Congress (and the governments at the State level) have decided that this Amendment doesn't really mean what it clearly says but an additional Amendment, if the support is there for it, would be the appropriate path.

36 minutes ago, windwalker said:

with the law.....   

they don't enforce.

Actually it was NAFTA that was shoved down the throats of the U.S. citizens through the "fast track" no debate option.

It was NAFTA that then caused the largest "illegal person" in the world - Cargill - as a corporate welfare secret society elite operation - to "dump" corn in Mexico, wiping out the Mexican farmers, thereby causing millions of Mexicans to not have any livelihood.

This is normal U.S. food policy as imperialism - I posted this already about how Cargill dominates the food supply in over 70 countries as the standard means of U.S. imperialism.

For example the U.S. "dumped" food into Somalia at 1/6th the local price, thereby wiping out the farmers that had controlled the capitol of Somalia, Mogadishu, compared to the standard camel pastoralism economy.

The goal is then to make other nations dependent on the U.S. for food "dumping" by wiping out the local farmers - since food is obviously more important than any other natural resource.

Cargill works closely with Monsanto in this agenda - Cargill is based in my home state - in Minnesota - but the local corporate-state newspaper just promotes Cargill. haha.

So even though Minnesota is considered "well-educated" - the mind control is very deep.

Illegal persons are huge corporations making billions a year in revenue from corporate welfare!

As I said - this all goes back to the Commerce Clause of the U.S. constitution:

Trump might be stuck with NAFTA - LA Times

www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-yoo-ku-trump-nafta-20161129-story.html

Nov 29, 2016 - Under the Constitution's Commerce Clause, only Congress may alter our ... Presidents must first seek “fast-track” authority, a promise of swift ...

Edited by voidisyinyang
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, windwalker said:

While understanding what is written. I'd say it would be hard to know or understand how the snake actually feels or what it was seeking in terms of  snake.  We can see and observe assigning a value to it seems like it would be outside of what would be considered "natural"    just an observation.

"Half-way across the river, the Crocodile felt the deadly painful sting from the Scorpion. His last words, "Hey, why did you do that?" "Sorry, I just couldn't help it, I am a Scorpion!" replied the Scorpion as he drowns in the water."

http://ggyeap.tripod.com/croc1.htm

That's why I said "My guess is that the snake..." rather than "Obviously, the snake..."

The spot is such a likely spot to find a snake that I have checked it repeatedly over the time we've lived there to look for snakes or snake sign.  If he were still there, the Plott would be hunting him and the snake would be doing what snakes do (including laying on a hot, flat rock as the evening cools).  I suspect he moved on and I guess that his encounter with a large dog might have helped to motivate him.

• Like 1

Just now, Brian said:

I suspect he moved on and I guess that his encounter with a large dog might have helped to motivate him.

yep, works for me.  More so if the larg dog seems to have an attitude with big teeth. 

NAFTA helped U.S. corn farmers, but may have boosted illegal immigration. By Annie Baxter. March 21, 2017 | 4:46 PM. Listen to this story. Download Embed.

Immigration From Mexico Grew Under NAFTA Trade Deal - Newsweek

www.newsweek.com/nafta-and-immigration-trump-threatens-agreement-what-know-...
May 2, 2017 - It was originally expected that NAFTA would slow illegal immigration, as the Mexican economy picked up. However, The New York Times wrote ...

Nafta Should Have Stopped Illegal Immigration, Right? - The New ...

www.nytimes.com/2007/02/18/weekinreview/18uchitelle.html
Feb 18, 2007 - But today the number of illegal migrants has only continued to rise. Why didn't Nafta curb this immigration? The answer is complicated, ...

The other side of the illegal immigration debate - Chicago Tribune

www.chicagotribune.com/.../ct-illegal-immigration-debate-trump-nafta-mexico-2017...
Apr 28, 2017 - As we consider trade relations among the NAFTA trade partners, it is ... with Mexico and the raging debate about illegal Mexican immigration.

Wave Of Illegal Immigrants Gains Speed After NAFTA : NPR

www.npr.org/2013/12/26/.../wave-of-illegal-immigrants-gains-speed-after-nafta

Dec 26, 2013 - NAFTA hastened a trend away from small farmers, and it sped up illegal immigration to the United States, as NPR's Ted Robbins reports from ...

Edited by voidisyinyang

7 minutes ago, windwalker said:

yep, works for me.  More so if the larg dog seems to have an attitude with big teeth. 

Spoiler

They hunt bear, boar and raccoon (and anything else, for that matter...)

1 minute ago, Marblehead said:

But the hound should watch out for the water moccasins.

Those snakes are very territorial. 

hmnn, aren't we all. 

Too often we attack a perceived threat,

when in reality it's just a person passing through. 

It's a world of choosing my way or wu wei..

• Like 4

I posted this on FB, so whoever is hanging out there and saw it has my apologies for a repeat.

Last week I was practicing Cannon Fist with a regular practice partner in a regular spot in the park, and we were jumping around for an hour before we noticed that there was a snake curled up in a cozy roll sleeping soundly right under our feet.  It's a miracle we never jumped on top of it, it was pretty invisible.  Called the park ranger, he captured the snake and put it in a bucket.  Turned out to be a young rattlesnake.  The ranger explained that they are more dangerous than adults, because they can't control their poison -- an adult will bite just once, but a rookie will spaz out and keep biting and biting.  (Somehow this reminded me of what I like to talk about when discussing the martial power of taiji -- skill is acquired sooner than control is perfected...  a technique can be mastered but its practical use might be off limits for a prudent person who doesn't have total control of it yet.  Total spontaneous control is the ultimate skill.)

20525934_1402615413154439_2910417794804115990_n.jpg

20479514_1402615883154392_5143221152103769529_n.jpg

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 6

Sign in to follow this