Sign in to follow this  
turtlehermit

refreshing topic

Hi, just wondering if there is a way to get a topic back into view. I recently posted a question and didn't get many responses, and think the topic is way down the list now. What would be the best way to get more responses? Sorry if this is a stupid question. The topic was my first post in the newcomer corner, but I would just really appreciate some more opinions. Thanks! Here is a link to to the topic.

Well, I'm still empty-minded so I can't speak to your question.

To this new question though:

Concepts for discussion are constantly changing here at DaoBums.  Sometimes people just don't feel like talking about a particular concept for a while.

One way to bring a question back to current status is to make a post in that thread and this will make it current again and those who haven't read it will have another chance.

• Like 4

Some folks will post something like this:  *bump*

To 'bump' it back to the top.

I'd recommend seeing if the original question is clear enough and maybe re-word it some way.

• Like 4

Yes, <bumping>  and ending a post with a question- ie So what do you think??  helps.

You could try to keep it alive solo with your own comments or PM someone who likely has expertise and ask them to weigh in on your thread. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, turtlehermit said:

Hi, just wondering if there is a way to get a topic back into view.

Repost your question in a new thread in the General Discussion section.  I think a lot of people don't look in the welcome section.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Repost your question in a new thread in the General Discussion section.  I think a lot of people don't look in the welcome section.

Ah !  Exactly !   Welcome is ... just that...    Post in another forum area now and see if you can't get some traction.   Thanks SJ! 

• Like 3

On 8/1/2017 at 9:02 PM, turtlehermit said:

Hi, just wondering if there is a way to get a topic back into view. I recently posted a question and didn't get many responses, and think the topic is way down the list now. What would be the best way to get more responses? Sorry if this is a stupid question. The topic was my first post in the newcomer corner, but I would just really appreciate some more opinions. Thanks! Here is a link to to the topic.

I posted I. Your meditation thread the answers as best as I could at this moment. Hope it helps. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Zenmode said:

I posted I. Your meditation thread the answers as best as I could at this moment. Hope it helps. 

Thanks for the detailed responses! Very helpful, indeed!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, turtlehermit said:

Thanks for the detailed responses! Very helpful, indeed!

You're welcome.

Sign in to follow this