aindriu

Best Qi-gong practice

Hi,

I'm new to the forums, and read some posts that seemed really good. I feel the people on the site can give me a better reflection on what I am looking for in qi-gong.

I want to try some medical qi-gong exercises to help with healing the physical, mental and spiritual.

I looked at Spring Forest Qi-gong, but there is a large complaint section when you google it. So, I am reluctant to try it out. Plus, I am not sure if the master is a registered and qualified qi-gong doctor! I don't think he is.

I also tried some medical qi-gong by another self-elected qi-gong master, but am suspicious about it, and if it works.

I guess one has to have faith in the practices.

I guess to put my mind at ease, I would like to do a qi-gong exercise that has been approved by a "qualified qi-gong master". By qualified, I mean someone who has the qualifications in China to give out these exercises.

If anyone knows of a qualified qi-gong master, or exercise that is sanctioned by the medical qi-gong community can you please let me know?

Thanks,

Hello Aindriu, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi aindriu,

Well, I see some wisdom already in that you are seeking additional information before making a decision.  I'm sure you will get many helpful responses.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

IMO a person does not have to have a certification/diploma from a Chinese authority on qigong to teach. I'm not sure that's what you meant. I think if they have a picture with their master and some kind of letter (or calligraphy) approving them, it's enough. And they don't have to be from China. Qigong has been spreading outside of China for at least a hundred years, so there were probably non-Chinese masters before any of us were born.

• Like 4

I think Michael Lomax of QigongAmerica has the certification you're looking for. He trained with a qigong master and worked in a qigong hospital in China. His students here at the forum sometimes share their results of healing, and it tends to be better results than other qigong methods as far as I'm aware.

There's not really any official ancient descended from the heavens qigong coming out of China...just various teachers and various qualities of teaching (most if not all invented by human beings of various qualities), so moraldilemma is right in saying there doesn't necessarily need to be a certificate from China. If there is a certificate, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a worthwhile teaching.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, aindriu said:

Hi,

I'm new to the forums, and read some posts that seemed really good. I feel the people on the site can give me a better reflection on what I am looking for in qi-gong.

I want to try some medical qi-gong exercises to help with healing the physical, mental and spiritual.

I looked at Spring Forest Qi-gong, but there is a large complaint section when you google it. So, I am reluctant to try it out. Plus, I am not sure if the master is a registered and qualified qi-gong doctor! I don't think he is.

I also tried some medical qi-gong by another self-elected qi-gong master, but am suspicious about it, and if it works.

I guess one has to have faith in the practices.

I guess to put my mind at ease, I would like to do a qi-gong exercise that has been approved by a "qualified qi-gong master". By qualified, I mean someone who has the qualifications in China to give out these exercises.

If anyone knows of a qualified qi-gong master, or exercise that is sanctioned by the medical qi-gong community can you please let me know?

Thanks,

where are you located?

... maybe I know few people who might teach you... maybe not...

that's an interesting approach... what kind of spiritual issues do you have?...

but there is a large complaint section when you google it.

Can you please add here google link search? I am not sure what are you referring to as "complaint"... 

puuuuuuurrrrrrrrrr

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your comments, feedback and suggestions. I will lookup Michael Lomax and Eric Isen as suggested. I am emailing Michael Lomax to see what his suggestions are for qi-gong practices.

Qi-gong is meant to be used to heal all kinds of ailments including the physical, mental and spiritual. From my information, there are three dantiens, the lower, middle, and upper and these equate to the physical, emotional/mental and spiritual respectively. Yes, you can have spiritual 'issues' that need healing I feel too! For me, the spiritual side of Qi-gong is important, because in my life, I am looking for spiritual guidance and feel that doing an exercise might 'open up' the upper dan-tien and allow spiritual guidance and intuition to integrate into my life. I feel with the right exercise one can heal all aspects of the human condition, but maybe I'm a bit naive with how it works.

Yes! I have been reading complaints about Spring Forest Qi-gong on the complaints board website, located here, which have spurred my curiosity and reluctancy to just download a qi-gong practice and start doing it every day. I would like an exercise that is proven to give results and help a person heal. 

https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/spring-forest-qigong-c158551.html

My question is - would you do a qi-gong practice without checking it's legitimacy or that of the master giving it? Remember, this is an exercise you are going to spend some time doing every day, and you want results - so shouldn't you find the right exercise that is going to work for you? I think a lot of people here have done some research on qi-gong and I would like some feedback and what they do too.

Some people say that in order for a qi-gong practice to be legitimate that you have to be able to trace the master back to a lineage. Also, there were complaints about Spring Forest Qi-gong about how the qi-gong master doesn't actually know what a real doctor should and could do more damage than help, especially if transmitting or 'attempting to heal' someone.

It seems to me, people are happy to go with any old qi-gong exercise, without looking up it's legitimacy or effectiveness.

From my research, Qi-gong is a medical science in China, where real qi-gong doctors are trained in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), and given particular training and have to have thousands of hours work done in qi-gong training and practice in hospitals before they are given a qualification to work on patients.

Therefore, I would like a practice recommended by a qi-gong doctor. Does that make sense?

Qi-gong exercises seem to be classified under several branches. There are those of the medical variety which I am looking for, to help me heal myself and those of the esoteric variety too and maybe many more.

Those of the esoteric variety seem to come from these 'qi-gong masters of lineage' and handed down from generation to generation. 

Professor Jerry Alan Johnson has a tonne of books on medical qi-gong and has integrated esoteric varieties too. I am wondering if anyone has more information about him and which qi-gong he recommends. I might email him.

Also Dr. Yang has some books on Embryonic Breathing and the Small Circuit Meditation. Not sure if those are too advanced for me. Dr. Yang though is a doctor of engineering and not medicine I believe.

Mantak Chia also has a lot of qi-gong books out there, but I read they can be dangerous.

I am looking for a qi-gong exercise that works really for me.

Thanks for the feedback. I will continue my research though.

Hi everyone,

I emailed Dr. Johnson and he came back to me pretty quickly. He says Qi-gong exercises are like doctor's prescriptions that a medical qi-gong doctor gives out for a specific treatment. 

Therefore one qi-gong exercise doesn't fit all people. 

Now maybe the qi-gong exercises that are given to people are 'general exercises' that promote good general overall health.

Before I get given a qi-gong exercise I'd like to understand exactly what do movements do and what they are meant to heal in the body.

Thanks 

8 minutes ago, aindriu said:

Hi everyone,

I emailed Dr. Johnson and he came back to me pretty quickly. He says Qi-gong exercises are like doctor's prescriptions that a medical qi-gong doctor gives out for a specific treatment. 

Therefore one qi-gong exercise doesn't fit all people. 

Now maybe the qi-gong exercises that are given to people are 'general exercises' that promote good general overall health.

Before I get given a qi-gong exercise I'd like to understand exactly what do movements do and what they are meant to heal in the body.

Thanks 

Qigong is not Western science pretending it can "objectively" know everything, meanwhile 95% of the universe is missing!

That 95% is what qigong taps in to, which at heart is the mysterious driving force of the universe. It's the same mystery which enchants out hearts too.

Two completely different systems of knowledge.  One which can't be known "exactly" and certainly can't be known ahead of time. It has to be experienced and experienced from within the right frame of mind.

Spring Forest Qigong works, all you have to do is do it and let it do it's thing!

I've healed not only myself but other people too using SFQ so you don't have to worry about that!

Master Lin is the real deal, but the problem is Westerners prefer imitation. Why have real food when you can buy it in a can freshly made inside a chemical factory with organic stamped on the side as seen on TV?