Aletheia

Bubbles, by Peter Sloterdijk – Live Conversation #7

I watched up to 32 mins, I think, the other day and it's all really good up 'till then. They're talking about how "the soul" is actually outside the body and able to leave vibrational imprints within the environments it inhabits etc.

Edited by Aletheia

Daimons and demons :o and UFOs and DMT too if I remember correctly... and Platonic Idealism yikes!

Edited by Aletheia

They're all frauds and charlatans in the West and what's funny is the priestly caste were all literate and I'm guessing all the witches were illiterate. What a tragic comedy!

• Like 1

According to Heidegger great works of art are world opening events. McLuhan called them "anti-environments."

Edited by Aletheia
  • Like 1

For now, I propose that a holistic, simultaneous, synthetic, and concrete view of the world are the essential characteristics of a feminine outlook; linear, sequential, reductionist, and abstract thinking defines the masculine. Although these represent opposite perceptual modes, every individual is generously endowed with all the features of both. They coexist as two closely overlapping bell-shaped curves with no feature superior to its reciprocal.

These complementary methods of comprehending reality resemble the ancient Taoist circle symbol of integration and symmetry in which the tension between the energy of the feminine yin and the masculine yang is exactly balanced. One side without the other is incomplete; together, they form a unified whole that is stronger than either half. First writing, and then the alphabet, upset this balance. Affected cultures, especially in the West, acquired a strong yang thrust.

Right, so Green Pill ecospiritualism in a nutshell...vs where globaliesing WEIRD cult-ure has been verily leading us very merrily into the depths of death... :mellow:

Edited by gendao

I think complimentary opposites are composed of the same substance which is difference, therefore they are essentially the same thing.

Night and Day are different i.e. not symmetrical opposites that can be separated from each other. They are ultimately born from as the same substance which is difference -- each other. Day is behind night and night is behind day i.e. the holistic dance of sub-stances.

We know one from the other not because we know each in isolation then understand the difference between them but because they are the same thing/reality manifest as difference always already flowing in to and out from one another!

drews written about these things anyway. In any case I think the alphabet guy got it wrong.

Edited by Aletheia

One KEY aspect they all miss about the distortion caused by "the alphabet"...is how it artificially codifies and limits sounds to those represented by just 26 letters.  This is similar to voidisyinyang's point of how equal-temperament tuning also distorted "musical" sound...

When there are obviously infinite sounds in Nature.  Now, what all sounds are we "missing" because we are only listening for 26 of them???  And how many of these sounds could be "deeply powerful and sacred?"

I mean, imagine trying to spell a bird's warble in letters?  A cricket's chirp?  Whale song?  Or any other animal call?

Edited by gendao
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, gendao said:

One KEY aspect they all miss about the distortion caused by "the alphabet"...is how it artificially codifies and limits sounds to those represented by just 26 letters.  This is similar to voidisyinyang's point of how equal-temperament tuning also distorted "musical" sound...

When there are obviously infinite sounds in Nature.  Now, what all sounds are we "missing" because we are only listening for 26 of them???  And how many of these sounds could be "deeply powerful and sacred?"

I mean, imagine trying to spell a bird's warble in letters?  Or any other animal call?

The idea of infinity is an alphabetic effect which gets amplified with the print press. It's visual rather than acoustic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity#Early_Greek

http://www.mcluhanonmaui.com/2011/06/probe-infinity.html

That whole way of thinking gets reversed with electric media and electric media gets consumed by post WWII electronic media.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_art

Modern art includes artistic work produced during the period extending roughly from the 1860s to the 1970s,

1970s refers to the effects of digital technology. THE MEDIUM IS THE MESSAGE.

Look how perspectival space breaks down at about the 1860s -

This computer won't play videos but look how space and time is breaking down in that painting Luncheon on the Grass -

The nude is from another temporal zone and perspectival space is breaking down too. Linear time and contained space themselves are totally abstract and not primarily how things really are.

The supposed objectivity of western science is actually deeply, deeply subjective. He points that out when he mentions the subjective point-of-view in that Parisian painting. Heidegger writes about it in The Age of World Picture.

Colonialism was the exploration of the kind of space opened up from being literate. Non-literate people DO NOT MOVE ABOUT THROUGH SPACE.

Edited by Aletheia

Artists are always the first people to detect the changes brought about from the effects of new media because they live at the fringes of society and so are not bound by conventions or institutional biases.

Resonating interval is the same thing as post-structural difference -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Difference_(philosophy)#Difference_and_diff.C3.A9rance_in_poststructuralism

Neither has real energy because they're simulated media effects containing all past historic environments as extended amputations of man. What Heidegger termed as the infinitude of Being -- the forgetting of shen light's fall into oblivion.

https://www.springer.com/gb/book/9780792342137

Mr Oblivion is the name of the guy in videodrome, a character based on Marshall McLuhan.

THERE CAN'T BE BOTH ELECTRONIC MEDIA AND A SPIRITUALLY AWAKE SOCIETY. BOTH ARE IMMANENTAL LIGHT-THROUGH SIMULTANEOUS EFFECTS UPON MATERIAL REALITY

http://www.lightthroughmcluhan.org/lightthrough.html

Edited by Aletheia

Each media extends a psychical or physical part of the human body.

The last extension was the central nervous system which sends information at light-speed. So the TV is an android eye, with pixels rather than rods and cones, projecting images and mainlining ideas straight into your rotting soul.